Medical supplies along with food are some of the essentials that should be in everyone’s home. You ideally want to have a medical kit with basic diagnosis and treatment tools in case a member of your family encounters a medical emergency. This is where thermometers come in. We compiled a comprehensive review and buying guide of the best forehead thermometer as they are one of the most important medical tools to have in your house, especially if you have toddlers in the house.
Top 5 Best Forehead Thermometer: Editor’s Pick
|GoodBaby||Thermometer for Fever Ear and Forehead||Prime||Check Price|
|Vigorun||Vigorun Forehead Ear Thermometer for Fever||Prime||Check Price|
|iHealth||No Touch Forehead Thermometer||Prime||Check Price|
|CocoBear||Cocobear Forehead Thermometer||Prime||Check Price|
|N/A||Forehead Thermometer for Fever||Prime||Check Price|
How to measure corona virus – How to Use Thermometer Guns for Coronavirus?
When dealing with babies and young kids, most parents detect the sickness in its latest stages when all the symptoms have kicked in. A thermometer allows you to track and stay on top of your child’s health so you can detect illness at an early stage. In this review, you will get to see various types of thermometers and their different features. The buying guide will help you select the ideal forehead thermometer for your family and teach you how to use it. Stay tuned till the end for all of this good stuff.
Best Forehead Thermometer Review:
1. Braun Digital Thermometer, ThermoScan 5 IRT6500
- BRAUN EAR THERMOMETER: Braun ThermoScan5 is fast, gentle, easy & accurate, making it great for...
- DIGITAL EAR THERMOMETER: Braun's innovative pre-warmed tip on the ThermoScan 5 ensures accurate...
- DIGITAL THERMOMETERS FOR KIDS & ADULTS: With innovative designs & easy to use controls, Braun...
First on our list is the ThermoScan 5 IRT6500. It is considered the best forehead and ear thermometer according to most forehead thermometer reviews for many reasons. For starters, Braun is a brand that is known for its excellent devices, and this particular ThermoScan 5 IRT6500 thermometer is no exception. Everything from its design, ease of use, accuracy, and reliability have made it become one of the most popular thermometers in health care centers.
One thing about this thermometer is that it can be used on anyone; whether you are an infant, kid, adult or elderly. This thermometer uses Braun’s innovative ThermoScan technology which uses infrared sensors to detect the core body temperature from the ear. This technology is complemented by a large digital display screen that produces clear, precise readings and a memory feature that recalls the last temperature reading.
What’s more, this ThermoScan 5 IRT6500 comes equipped with disposable lens filters for the ears for sanitary purposes. Also, in case you are wondering, the versatility of this thermometer allows it to record your body temperature from your forehead. This is thanks to its easy to clean forehead thermometer attachment that measures your body temperature in seconds to detect fever.
- Clear, accurate digital display
- Features Braun’s innovative pre-warmed tip
- Innovative design with easy to use controls
- 21 disposable lens filters for sanitation
- Memory function that recalls last temperature reading
- Also serves as an ear thermometer
- Lightweight; weighs only 6.2-ounces
2. ANKOVO Digital Medical Infrared Forehead and Ear Thermometer
- DUAL MODE: Forehead Thermometer (suitable for all ages) and Ear Thermometer function ( only for...
- SAFE AND HYGIENIC: Compared to mercury thermometer, there is no danger of breaking the glass or...
- RELIABLE AND ACCURATE: A maximum of 20 previous readings is available to help you track the...
The Ankovo comes a close second to the Braun mentioned above as one of the best thermometers for baby. In fact, there was little to choose between these two thermometers as they both have a lot going for them in regards to features, technology, ease of use, and reliability. Starting with the technology, this Ankovo is a dual-function thermometer. It also uses infrared technology to get the most accurate body temperature readings from both the ear and forehead.
While its ear-temperature reading function (ear function) is rated for babies above the age of three months, this Ankovo can still be used to read the temperature on babies’ foreheads that are below that age. One of the most apparent reasons why the Ankovo is regarded as best forehead thermometer for toddlers is that it is completely safe for babies. This is because it is fully digital and doesn’t use harmful (toxic) mercury compounds found in other thermometers.
Even if you’re not a toddler, don’t fret as you can still use this thermometer. This Ankovo is a class leader when it comes to memory recall; you can keep track of up to 20 of your last temperature readings. On top of all this, the Ankovo thermometer is also about functionality and ease of use. This is apparent from its simplistic design with a two-button operation, large digital display screen, and notification function that alerts you when it’s done taking your body temperature and when you have a fever.
- DUAL-FUNCTION: Forehead and Ear Thermometer
- Digital thermometer that’s completely safe compared to mercury thermometers
- Provides fast, accurate and reliable temperature readings
- Comes equipped with a memory function that recalls a maximum of 20 previous temperature readings
- Simple, elegant design with just two buttons for maximum convenience
- Comes equipped with a notification function that beeps when it’s done
- Fever warning function that notifies you when your body temperature exceeds 37.5℃ or 99.5℉.
3. iProv`en Ear Thermometer with forehead function
- Your Reliable Ear Thermometer - Our Ear Thermometer DMT-489 is highly accurate and calibrated...
- State of the Art Infrared Technology - This ear thermometer with forehead function is equipped...
- Quick Readings and Fever Warning - Our Thermometer for Fever gives you readings in 1-3 seconds....
Worried about your baby being a bit off-color? You can confirm this in three seconds. This Iprov`en ear thermometer with forehead function is one of the best forehead and ear thermometer. It is safe for all ages, and its quality assured thanks to the extensive clinical tests done.
Another ideal feature here, the iProv`en DMT-489 has a memory that can store up to 20 measurements to show the doctor if needed. In case you notice alarming fluctuations in the readings, go to the hospital, and you’ll have some medical history regarding temperature change. It amazes by its ease of use. Just in one click, the ear mode gives you spot-on measurement, while for the head mode, holding it for three seconds will give you an indication. What makes this thermometer incredibly convenient, is that its fever alarm notifies you of notable temperature change. Also, its backlight lights up red or green to let you know when to take action. With this thermometer, you can choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Finally, If the purchase did not satisfy you, you could return it within 100 days.
For a quick and accurate temperature reading, that does not make your baby uncomfortable, iProv`en DMT 489 is the real deal. Its affordability allows you to own it without having to dig your pockets deeper.
- Designed with both forehead and ear function.
- This thermometer comes with a fever alarm.
- The internal memory stores the previous 20 readings.
- You can switch to either Celsius and Fahrenheit mode.
- Perfect for both children and adults.
- It comes with a 100 days warranty.
4. Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer for Fever
When it comes to your baby’s health you don’t settle for less; you go for high performance and accurate equipment. The Metene medical forehead and ear thermometer deliver just about everything you would need in a thermometer. It measures both forehead and eardrum temperature via infrared rays released from the skin surface and eardrum.
Its impressive array of features makes it one of the best thermometers for toddlers. The backlight indication allows you to measure temperature easily even in the dead of night. It boasts of a memory storage function that can store 32 groups of data storage for each user. What places this thermometer heads and shoulders above others is its high accuracy and reliability.CE and FDA approved, it is one of the thermometers you can trust in. You get to select either Fahrenheit or Celsius units according to your preference. Coming with a 12 months warranty and money back guarantee, it gives you some peace of mind and even more confidence to purchase it.
You’ll love its digital screen that gives you all the information that you need. But the real reason to consider owning this thermometer is the excellent design that makes it easy to operate and offer an incredible level of accuracy.
- Can be switched to either Fahrenheit or Celsius units.
- Covered with a 12 months money back guarantee and warranty.
- Has a memory storage function that stores 32 groups of data storage for each user.
- Designed with a backlight indication function for night use.
- It has both the forehead and ear function.
- The package includes a forehead and ear thermometer, 2 AAA batteries and a user manual.
5. Tokego Ear and Forehead Thermometer to Detect Fever
Measuring your kid’s temperature has never been this easy. This award-winning thermometer is easy to use and gives you pin-point accuracy on readings in just a second, allowing you to detect fever and flu early. Who says that a thermometer should only measure body temperature? The Tokego digital thermometer is quite adaptable and can measure home temperature, bath water, etc.
You will be thrilled by the impressive features that it comes with and that are not common with other regular thermometers. The included HD screen and backlights allow easy usage at night. Its capability of saving up to 32 previous readings enhances easy recall. You don’t have to worry about the batteries once you forget switching it off, this thermometer auto shuts down after 30 seconds of inactivity. Its lightness and portability let you carry it anywhere without having to feel like you have a whole load on you. You might think that it is only children can use it, but on the contrary, every member of the family can use it.
You can now measure your kid’s temperature, bath water anywhere and at any time with the highest level of accuracy.
- Being a dual mode thermometer, it has both forehead and ear function.
- It shuts down automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity.
- The internal memory saves up to 32 previous readings.
- Extremely lightweight and portable.
- Has multiple usage options; it is used to measure the temperature of a milk bottle, bath water, etc.
- Takes a second to give temperature readings.
6. Innovo Medical Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer 2017 Model
- QUICK AND EASY - Just press Head for forehead measurement and Ear for ear measurement. Results...
You no longer have to get scared when you suspect that your little one has a fever. The Innovo medical thermometer got you covered. Just like other top picks we just reviewed, Innovo has plenty of excellent features that places it as one of the Best forehead thermometers for babies. Equipped with an infra-red lens, it offers fantastic accuracy and sensitivity. Additionally, this thermometer will accompany your child all the way to adulthood since it is safe to use for all ages. You can use it to measure temperature via the forehead for all ages or using the ear for children over one year old.
Apart from being accurate and reliable, it takes no effort to operate. Just by a press for both the forehead and ear measurements and you get the readings. It stores 20 previous readings for recall. You can measure using either Fahrenheit or Celsius according to your preference. Other than its recommendation by doctors and pediatricians, it is clinically tested and proven to work efficiently with all instructions followed. Being a non-contact thermometer, it offers first-class hygiene hence keeping your baby safe from any transferable germs.
In my opinion, this thermometer is worth spending a few bucks on. Its performance and accuracy are impeccable, and its ease of use gives it a plus.
- Features both the forehead and ear function to measure temperature.
- Its memory allows it to store up to 20 previous readings.
- You can switch the units to either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Comes with an alarm that warns you of abnormal temperature change.
- It is a recommended thermometer by doctors and pediatricians.
7. AccuMed AT2102 Non-Contact, Instant-Read Handheld Infrared Medical Thermometer
- Hygienic: Oral, tympanic and rectal thermometry carry more contamination risks. Our thermal...
- Easy to Use: Simply "point and click" to obtain an accurate measurement (C°/F°) in one...
- Undisturbing: Our non-contact method of taking a temperature is instant, free of discomfort,...
You do not have to wake your ill child up to measure their temperature. The AccuMed AT2102 lets you non-intrusively measure their temperature without having to rattle or shake them. With this brilliant thermometer, disturbing them by sticking it in their ear canal, mouth or even coming into contact with their skin is out of the question. To measure their temperature, all you need to do is bring the equipment 3-5 cm away from the forehead, point and click and within a second you have the readings. Quite easy, isn’t it? It is no surprise that this is the most hygienic way of measuring temperature due to its non-contact nature.
The AccuMed AT2102 LCD screen is another desirable feature as it changes color and reads either ‘’HI” or “LO’’ if the temperature range is above or below the normal standard. Designed to offer three different modes of measurement, body, room, and surface, it gives versatility. Its internal memory memorizes the last 32 readings making it easy for you to note any temperature fluctuations.
If you are interested in a non-contact forehead thermometer whose convenience, accuracy and hygiene are top-notch, then this is ideal for you. No more worries about poking your little one’s ear or transferring any germs.
- Its built-in memory stores the last 32 readings.
- Comes with two batteries which perform up to 40,000 readings.
- Uses the non-contact method reading from 3-5cm away from the body.
- It gives temperature readings in one second.
- Display of the measurements can either be in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
8. QQcute Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer
- QUICK AND EASY - Taking temperature just press a key, you will read temperature in 1 second.
- RELIABLE AND ACCURATE - Clinically tested and proven to be reliable and accurate when used in...
- READINGS RETRIEVAL - Store and recall up to 20 readings. You can read it ererytime.
What makes this thermometer one of the best forehead thermometers for toddlers is that it uses the latest infra-red scanning technology which gives accurate and reliable readings. Measuring temperature is not ridiculously difficult, just by pressing the key; you get the reading in a second. Having undergone clinical testing and its accuracy proved it stands out among other thermometers. Moreover, it stores the previous 20 readings allowing you to note any abnormal changes in your baby’s temperature.
You don’t have to worry because the darkness has set in; its backlit makes it easy to read temperature at night without interrupting your baby’s snooze. If the accuracy, ease of use and readings retrieval will not make you happy, then the fever alarm will. The red backlight and ten short beeps warn you of a possible fever. Its ability to automatically switch off after 30 seconds of inactivity, allows you to save on battery and money. You can switch the readings from Celsius to Fahrenheit according to your preference.
With all these right features we can agree that this thermometer is a top choice. Purchasing it means owning a great asset.
- It auto-shuts off after 30 seconds of inactivity.
- The readings displayed in either Fahrenheit or Celsius units.
- It stores and recalls 20 previous temperature recordings.
- Includes a fever alarm, red backlight display and it beeps ten times to warn a patient of a possible fever.
- Reads the temperature in one second.
9. Exergen Temporal Scan Forehead Artery Baby Thermometer Tat-2000c Scanner
- 9 Volt batteries required (best with Polaroid 9 Volt batteries)
- Gental stoke of forehead captures naturally emitted heat
- red LED lights and soft beep indicate correct scan
At times you may need to measure the temperature of your baby who has an ear infection. That is where the Temporal Scanner Thermometer comes in handy. Its non-invasive system is hard to beat as you do not have to wake your sleeping child to record their temperature.
Its boasts advanced infrared technology that allows it to measure temperature just by a gentle stroke on the forehead. What makes this thermometer a great choice is that it picks about one thousand readings per second before determining the most accurate one. Aside from its LED lights turning red, it beeps softly to indicate a correct scan. Its ease of use giving consistent and accurate readings makes it one of the best forehead thermometers.
Its backlit screen display allows you to use it even in darkness while its programmable beeper lets you select whether you want it to beep or not depending on your child’s sensitivity to sound.
The Exergen Temporal scanner thermometer has all the attractive features that we cannot overlook. It offers value for every buck that you spend on it.
- It uses 9 Volt batteries.
- A gentle stroke on the forehead captures naturally emitted heat.
- This thermometer takes 0.04 seconds to record temperature.
- The readings displayed are in either Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Has patented software that provides arterial heat balance.
- It has a programmable beeper whose sound signifies scan and can be switched on or off.
- It features a backlit display.
10. TempIR Body Temperature Thermometer with High Fever Alarm
Durability is essential when it comes to selecting a thermometer, buying a new one now and then can be financially draining. The TempIR Body temperature thermometer is the only forehead thermometer that assures you of longevity by offering a lifetime product replacement guarantee. Equipped with the latest infrared technology, it gives the most accurate temperature readings. Perfect for all ages apart from infants, it is safe to use by the whole family.
Your child’s safety is in check as it does not contain any mercury in it. This thermometer gets a lot of love from parents whose children are sensitive to sound because you can turn off the beeps. Its LCD screen is amazingly large and bright for easy reading even in the dark. It shuts off automatically hence saving on battery. With the given instructions, you can recalibrate it to enhance its accuracy. Also, it produces an audible alarm once it records a high temperature to notify you to take action.
FDA approved? Check. Records accurate readings? Check. Ease of use? Check. This thermometer will not only offer you a risk-free buy but has all the great features that will make your parenting life easy.
- Stores 32 previous readings.
- You can switch it to either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Equipped with a high-temperature alarm.
- It is a non-contact thermometer.
- This thermometer shuts down automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity.
- Measures temperature in less than 2 seconds.
- It has a backlight for night time reading.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider when Select Forehead Thermometer
When choosing the best forehead thermometer for your household, there are a couple of things you ought to know and consider. Let us go through them below:
Age of Personnel
When you buy a forehead thermometer, all members of your household are bound to use it at one time or another. For this reason, you should know how thermometers are supposed to be used by the different age categories in your family:
- Babies aged below 3-years old: According to the American Academy of Pediatrics or AAP, the best thermometer for toddlers below the age of three are thermometers that can measure the baby’s rectal temperature, armpit temperature, and forehead temperature respectively to get the most accurate reading.
- Children aged 3-years and above: You can easily measure the temperature of this age group via an oral reading, ear reading, and forehead reading. You can recheck the temperature using a rectal thermometer if you get inconsistent results.
- Teenagers and adults: Oral thermometers and infrared thermometers are ideal for this age group. Infrared thermometers are great at reading ear, forehead and armpit temperature. You can confirm with a rectal thermometer to get the most precise reading.
Different Types of Thermometers
From reusable forehead thermometer strips to pacifier thermometers and wearable thermometers, there are various types of thermometers. If you’ve been to a health center anytime within the past 5 to 10 years, you’ve probably noticed that they’ve replaced glass/mercury thermometers with digital models. For this reason, we’ll focus on infrared and digital stick thermometers: You may like Meat thermometer review.
They are the most expensive but the fastest and most accurate body temperature readers. Their versatility allows you to get a temperature reading within one and three seconds after placing it in your ear canal, under your armpits or on the forehead. Some models are equipped with a non-contact feature that allows you to hover the thermometer a few inches above the forehead to measure your temperature.
Digital Stick Thermometers:
These thermometers replaced the traditional mercury glass thermometers. They are the generally cheaper than infrared thermometers and most readily available on the market. While they are slower to detect temperature, digital thermometers provide accurate readings and display them in their digital screens. Most are designed to read body temperatures orally, underarm and rectally. Read our indoor-outdoor thermometer review.
Like most modern devices, digital thermometers of nowadays have kept up with the technological revolution. There are some features you would ideally want in your household thermometer. Here are the most sought-after features on digital thermometers:
Notification Function: This feature notifies you with a beep when the reading is completed and a series of beeps to let you know you have a fever.
Memory Function: This feature gives you access to previous temperature readings. For instance, the Ankovo thermometer lets you keep track of up to 20 previous temperature readings.
Smart Age and Temperature Detection: This feature notifies you if the temperature is regular or irregular based on the patient’s age.
Pre-warmed Tips: This feature is common in infrared thermometers for the ears. The warmed tips provide maximum temperature accuracy and are more comfortable in the ears.
Disposable Lens Filters and Easy Clean Tips: These accessories are useful for sanitary purposes – especially for households that share an ear thermometer.
Auto Shutoff: This feature helps preserve your battery life
Large Digital Display: Large displays are easier to read
Insertion Guide: This is a useful feature to have in-ear thermometers and rectal thermometers. They have a line/mark on their tip to indicate the safe insertion zone to prevent injury.
Speed and Accuracy of Results
If you want speed and accuracy, you should go for an infrared thermometer over other types. Infrared thermometers require between 1 and 3 seconds to detect temperature while stick thermometers require anywhere between 10 and 80 seconds depending on the brand. Both thermometers provide accurate results but are prepared to shell out more on an infrared thermometer.
How to Use Forehead Thermometer
One advantage of forehead thermometers is they can be used across all age groups. There are two ways to use a forehead thermometer; by contact and by hovering. We will show you how to go about both methods:
Step 1: Turn on the thermometer
Step 2: Ensure the patient’s forehead is dry
Step 3: Place it against the patient’s forehead and wait for it to read the temperature
Step 4: You will be notified by a beep when it’s done taking the temperature. It can take less than three seconds or upwards of a minute depending on the thermometer you are using.
Step 5: Remove the thermometer from the patient’s forehead and read the temperature.
Step 6: Add about one degree to the displayed result to find the actual or core body temperature.
Step 1: Turn on the non-contact thermometer
Step 2: Hover it about 1 to 2-inches away from the forehead.
Step 3: Press a button to display two red circles on the patient’s forehead.
Step 4: Move the thermometer closer or further away from the patient’s forehead until the two red circles converge into one red circle. This step works best if the patient remains still throughout the process
Step 5: Release the button and wait for a beep to notify you of the temperature.
Step 6: After the beep, look at the displayed temperature.
Step 7: Add about one degree to the displayed result to find the actual or core body temperature.
Frequently Asked Question About Forehead Thermometer:
Q: How accurate is forehead temperature?
Forehead thermometers are easy to use and quick to get a reading. In most cases, the forehead temperature is pretty accurate. However, the accuracy of these thermometers can be affected by external factors. Contact thermometers can be affected by moisture on the patient’s forehead as well as the rate of blood circulation while non-contact thermometers can be affected by room temperature. All in all, forehead thermometers are accurate, but oral, ear, rectal and even under-arm thermometers provide more accurate results when measuring a patient’s core body temperature.
Q: How do I take a temperature on my forehead?
It is a simple process. For contact forehead thermometers, it involves turning them on, placing them on your forehead, waiting to get a temperature reading than recording the reading on the thermometer’s display screen. For non-contact thermometers, the process is pretty much similar but without physical contact. Hover the non-contact thermometer over your forehead. Press a button and use its guidance system to determine the correct distance (usually between one and two inches away). Once the two red circles converge into one, wait for a few moments for the completion notification. Record the results displayed on the display screen.
Q: Which forehead thermometer is the best?
There are many good forehead thermometers out there. Based on our professional opinion, the Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT6500 is the best Digital Thermometer. But ultimately, the best forehead thermometer depends on your needs. For instance, if you like tracking your body temperature, Ankovo is the better thermometer as it allows you to track up to 20 of your previous temperature readings.
Q: Which type of thermometer is the most accurate?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics or AAP, the most accurate temperature reading is from rectal insertion. Your rectal temperature is an accurate reflection of your body’s core temperature. This means that rectal thermometers provide the most accurate temperature readings. Ear thermometers closely follow them. The brain is the temperature control organ. Ears are connected to the brain and receive the same blood flow. This means they provide an accurate reflection of the body’s core temperature. Oral thermometers and under-arm thermometers come to a close third and fourth position followed by forehead thermometers in the fifth position.
Q: How do you use the Braun forehead thermometer?
If you look at Braun forehead thermometer reviews, they highlight how to use different Braun forehead thermometers. Braun forehead thermometers are similar to other forehead thermometers when it comes to the procedure of using them.
Q: Which thermometer is most accurate for babies?
The best forehead thermometer for baby is one that rectally measures the baby’s temperature. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics or AAP, it is the most accurate thermometer for babies. It is important to note that babies below the age of three months have sensitive ears, and it’s safer to measure their temperature orally, rectally, forehead, or under-arms.
Based on the importance of thermometers and their low price, there is no reason not to have a forehead thermometer in your household. With a good forehead thermometer, you can keep tabs on the health of your family members, and help you diagnose early stages of fever and sickness for quick treatment.
After looking at all of the possible options, and you’ve set your heart on buying a forehead thermometer for your household, the next step is choosing one that suits all family members. Luckily for you, we featured the top 10 forehead thermometers on the market. This means that if our top pick thermometer doesn’t meet the needs of your family, you can choose another option on our review and still get an exceptional thermometer with great accuracy and reliability.