When you are using the LaCrosse Weather station, you need to learn essential maintenance such as resetting it. I know, not all of us are tech-savvy, so it’s pretty normal if you are not familiar with this procedure.
However, that won’t be an issue anymore as I have prepared an in-detail guide on how to reset LaCrosse weather station. All you have to do is finish the article, and you will become an expert instantly!
So, for more information, keep following my track!
How to Reset Your LaCrosse Weather Station – All you Need to Know
As I told you that this maintenance method wouldn’t take much of your time, I will keep the instruction short and simple. You can get a printout for future references if you want.
Here are the steps you need to follow to reset your LaCrosse weather station.
Step One – Check the Batteries
First of all, you need to check the sensor and display’s battery to proceed further. If the batteries are damaged or weak, it would be better if you replace them.
Step Two – Arrange the Units
Now get all the units inside and arrange them side by side. And you have to make sure that they are at least three to five feet away from each other.
When you are done arranging, it’s time to cut off the power. Once the power is removed from all the units, hold down one of the pushbuttons in the display. It would be best if you pressed it down at least 20 times to delete all the memory.
As soon as the screen turns blank, you can continue to the next step.
Step Three – Let It Rest
It’s time for the devices to take a rest! Let the sensor and display sit without batteries for eight to ten minutes. After this time has passed, put the batteries back into the sensor again.
If you have any trouble replacing the batteries, you can take the help of the diagram that came with the product.
Final Step – Finish the Task
After replacing the batteries successfully, try not to press any buttons for at least fifteen minutes. As soon as you are done with reinstalling the batteries, you will see some readings on the devices.
And this time, don’t keep the sensor and display top far from each other. Just maintain a five feet distance so they can build a better connection with each other.
When the temperature starts showing an accurate reading, you can put back the sensor in its old place.
So, here was the ultimate technique to perform a Reset on the LaCrosse weather station.
More Life-Saving Instructions – Maintain Your LaCrosse Weather Station Properly
There will be days when resetting won’t fix the problems anymore. So here are some manual methods you can try to solve some specific issues.
Check the Time Zone
If you are not in the correct time zone, your devices will start giving you trouble. To solve this problem, just set up the proper time zone, and everything will be better than ever.
Solve the Power Cycle Issues
- At first, you have to get rid of the power supply from the gateway. And then let it sit for at least fifteen minutes.
- When you are done with the waiting, you can connect the gateway to the power supply again.
- After plugging it in, you will notice the red light has turned itself on.
- If you see the time is accurately set, take the sensor to the gateway.
- Now hold down and release the gray key on the sensor.
- When there is a reading on the monitor, it means that the sensor is online again.
- Keep the sensor five feet apart from the gateway. And leave it there for a minimum of fifteen minutes.
- Now put them back into their previous location and go on with your work.
However, if your sensor does not upgrade within one hour, you may have to delete and re-register to make it work.
How to Delete/Re-Register
When the process mentioned above fails, here are the things that you can try.
Delete the Sensors
- Go to the app and then trace the sensor. After that, select your preferred options under your devices.
- Pick up your desired settings.
- Now all you have to is to select the delete sensor button and hit “Confirm” to seal the deal!
- Firstly, open the app and go to the homepage.
- Then it’s time for you to select the Account menu.
- Now check out the present user info. After discovering that, scroll down and go to the Current Gateways section.
- Choose the accurate gateway serial number and then hit the delete button like a pro.
Factory Reset Gateway
- To start this procedure, get rid of the A/C adapter and keep it aside.
- Now for this step, keep the gray button pressed down on the gateway. While this button is held down, plug in the A/C adapter again.
- Under no circumstances are you to let go of the gray key! Stay that way until the red light is turned on, goes off for a while, and then comes back on again! When it happens, you can remove your finger from the gray button.
- After you leave the button alone, the red light will be gone for one time and will be on in a few seconds. And then, you can attempt to register again.
- Just go to the app’s homepage as usual and then select the expansion option.
- When you pick it up, hit the “Register New Gateway” option.
- Now follow the instruction to get yourself registered again.
In this article, I have tried to cover everything about how to reset LaCrosse weather station. So from now on, you won’t have any problems solving the fundamental issues. However, you can always call customer care if you want to learn more!