Whether your business requires you to keep tabs on your local weather, or you love to keep up to date with temperature, rainfall, and all that weather stuff, you’ll need a reliable personal weather station.
Even if you think you can’t afford the best weather station on the market, there are plenty of great weather station options for your budget.
Furthermore, many persons are catching on to the benefits.
5 Best Wireless Weather Station: Editor’s Pick
Maybe the weather station reviews you looked at revealed so many impressive weather station options that your mouth drops open and your head spins.
We know the feeling: The confusing technical stuff often gets in the way of the information that makes choosing the best personal weather station such a snap.
But we have done our own research and put together ten recommended weather stations that will certainly match what you need.
- 5 Best Wireless Weather Station: Editor’s Pick
- Our 20 Best Wireless Weather Station Review:
- 1. Ambient Weather WS-2902A 10-in-1 Wi-Fi Professional Weather Station
- 2. Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station
- 3. AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station
- 4. La Crosse Technology C85845 Color Wireless Forecast Station
- 5. AcuRite 01014M Weather Station with Access for Remote Monitoring
- 6. Ambient Weather WS-1002-WIFI OBSERVER Solar Powered Wireless WiFi Remote Monitoring Weather Station
- 7. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts
- 8. Netatmo Weather Station Indoor Outdoor with Wireless Outdoor Sensor
- 9. Kestrel 5500 Pocket Weather Meter
- 10. Wireless Weather Station with Indoor / Outdoor Wireless Sensor and USB Charge Port.
- 11. Wittime Latest 2076 Weather Station
- 12. Fetanten Wireless Weather Station with Outdoor Sensor
- 13. SMARTRO Wireless Weather Station
- 14. Oritronic Digital Weather Station
- 15. GBlife Wireless Weather Station
- 16. Kalawen Weather Station
- 17. La Crosse Technology WiFi Professional Weather Station
- 18. AcuRite 01512 Wireless Weather Station with 5-in-1 Weather Sensor
- 19. AcuRite WiFi Station with HD Display and Lightning Detector
- 20. Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Weather Station
- Best Location to Install a Personal Weather Station
- Frequently Asked Question About Weather Station
Our 20 Best Wireless Weather Station Review:
1. Ambient Weather WS-2902A 10-in-1 Wi-Fi Professional Weather Station
For starters, the Ambient Weather WS-2902A is a ten in one Wi-Fi professional weather station that is included among the best home weather station options and is also affordable.
Not only does it feature a weather station console that has two levels of wireless connectivity, but it also provides enhanced Wi-Fi options for connections that allow the wireless transmission of weather data.
Now, you can remotely contact your weather station for the latest information on temperature, wind speed and direction, rainfall, humidity, and anything else you need to know.
For best results, you will need an iPad, iPhone, or Android instrument that can be programmed with the AmbientTool app purchased at Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Ideally, this weather station works well when its wireless sensors operate in a line of sight of around 330 feet in the open air or 100 feet under other circumstances. With the Ambient Weather Station, you get both current and historical weather data at your fingertips.
You will, however, need to plug in your unit so that you can connect to the internet, although the sensor comes with batteries to operate it. You will also receive a mount that can be adjusted to fit most poles you wish to install your weather station on.
- Keep track of the weather situations in your home and backyard with the sharp, user-friendly LCD color display;
- Send up to date weather information via enhanced Wi-Fi connections automatically;
- Conveniently take your personal weather information along with your mobile phone, tablet, or personal computer;
- Measure rainfall, outdoor temperature, wind direction, wind speed, humidity, and UV & solar radiation with your weather station;
- You can also get readings on wind chill, dew point, and the heat index.
2. Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station
Few can dispute that the Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station is one of the best wireless weather station products on the market today. In fact, it is the new Davis weather station model that puts together the Davis’ trademark accuracy and tough durability into a compact weather station that you can easily set up and use. The Vantage Vue Weather Station features a sleek but rugged outdoor sensor array and an LCD console.
So, the 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station gives reliable, accurate, weather updates you can always use. It comes as a self-contained weather system that you can easily install without any hassle. Furthermore, this weather station is flexible as it can be used for domestic purposes, recreational purposes, and educational uses.
The outdoor Integrated Sensor Suite console of the Vantage Vue is tough yet sleek. Set it up within minutes and send data wirelessly anywhere in your home, business, or school. In addition, every 2.5 seconds the console sends updates to an LCD display screen that you can read day or night. The weather station’s cutting-edge Weather Center button allows other weather historical (25-days) or current data to be shown.
- This weather station is self-contained and includes an LCD console, an Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), and mounting hardware (the pole is not included);
- Easy-to-read display that is also backlit as well as a keypad that glows in the dark;
- Your weather station reports the latest situations on outdoor and indoor temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, rainfall, dew point, and wind speed and direction;
- The console of this weather station features moon phases, weather forecast icons, weather trend graphs, alerts, and much more.
3. AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station
Maybe you are thinking that the best wireless weather station is not within your reach. Then you have not met the AcuRite 01036M Wireless Weather Station. Simply put, this is the easiest weather station to connect to your computer, smartphone, or tablet to stay on top of your weather updates.
Not only does this tool provide easy to understand information on temperature, wind speed and direction, rainfall, and other weather conditions, but it also does so around the clock. You can also set up alerts that tell you when your weather conditions are changing.
With the AcuRite weather station, that you can definitely afford, you are connected to the most accurate weather readings from your home or business. So, if the weather matters to you, there will be no missing out on vital information that you can use to plan your day and your business.
Among its great features is its Self-Calibrating Technology to allow accurate, round the clock weather forecasts, PC connection for transmitting weather data wherever you want, color LCD display that you can see both day and night, and the option to use it as a table top or wall mounted unit. The five-in-one wireless outdoor sensor features the hygrometer, thermometer, wind direction vane, wind speed anemometer, and a self-emptying rainfall collector cup.
- The AcuRite Weather Station is equipped with a 5-in-1 wireless weather sensor that is accurate and reliable;
- Keep track of the wind speed, humidity, temperature, and rainfall;
- Connect to your smartphone, tablet or PC to display on a Windows computer through USB, and remotely view your weather online (free software and My AcuRite app for Android and iOS devices);
- With CSV Data Logging your AcuRite provides round the clock updates on weather conditions in your home and business locations;
- Use this weather station to program your weather alerts for humidity, temperature, rainfall, wind, etc. Get email and text alerts on your smartphone when your weather conditions change.
4. La Crosse Technology C85845 Color Wireless Forecast Station
La Crosse Technology is known for producing the best wireless weather station for homeowners. It introduced the Wireless Color Weather Station to the market. Featuring precise weather information in real time, this weather station is a must-have for anyone who cares to know the weather in more intimate details. The animated color forecasts make it easy for anyone, whether a novice or a pro, to understand the trends in temperature, rainfall, wind speed and direction, and barometric pressure.
You can also set alerts to tell you when the temperature and other weather conditions change. Not only are these alerts good for your information, but they also help you to make decisions to avoid disasters, or to take advantage of good weather conditions.
The display is in color in an easy to read format. In addition, your weather station shows the dew point and heat index. Furthermore, this weather station unit is easy to set up and use. While the instructions are not very clear-cut you can still figure things out easily enough to set up the weather station on your own. So, why not choose this accurate and reliable weather station to keep yourself up to date on what is happening with the weather around your home or business?
- Provides dynamic forecasts and shows data trends and patterns;
- Set alerts on humidity and temperature;
- Allows for a comfort level color bar;
- The backlight can be adjusted to your liking;
- Automatically set the daylight savings time as well as the accurate date.
5. AcuRite 01014M Weather Station with Access for Remote Monitoring
The best home weather station you can use to monitor what is happening with the weather around your home or business is the AcuRite 01014M Weather Station. Not only is this weather station the ideal instrument to give you round the clock weather information any time you need it, but it is also quite reliable and accurate. Of course, if you live in an area where the weather changes a lot, then the AcuRite weather station is the tool you will need to keep track of every change in weather conditions.
Connect your weather station wirelessly to your smartphone, PC, or tablet and access information on your indoor and outdoor environment from anywhere you are. With the free AcuRite Apps and software, you can show the weather data on a dashboard that is easy to read. You have at your fingertips accurate and up to date information on humidity, temperature, wind speed and direction, barometric pressure, and rainfall.
Set up alerts with your weather station and Apps to tell you what’s happening, so you can take the right actions. Also circulate your weather information in real time with your friends, family, and colleagues. With the AcuRite weather station, also, you can store a month’s worth of weather readings so that you can easily retrieve and analyze the trends and spot any potential risks. Your kit comes with the AcuRite weather station and a new AcuRite access module.
- Keep tabs on weather conditions in your home or business with your smartphone, tablet or PC;
- The AcuRite weather station works well with Amazon Alexa;
- Alert yourself through your smartphone about any change in weather conditions picked up by your AcuRite weather station;
- Use the information to tell family, friends, and others about the weather in your neck of the woods;
- You can expand the number of devices you connect to your AcuRite weather station to keep track of more things around your home.
6. Ambient Weather WS-1002-WIFI OBSERVER Solar Powered Wireless WiFi Remote Monitoring Weather Station
- Includes Observer display module, (1) indoor temperature/humidity/baramoeter sensor, and (1)...
- Share live local weather data on the Weather Underground network
- Multiple website and application integrations
You might not need to look far before you find that the best wireless weather station on the market includes the Ambient Weather WS-1002-WiFi Observer weather station. Not only is this a reliable and precise weather measuring device, but it is also quite easy to install and use. It is definitely one of the most user-friendly devices on the market.
Your budget also won’t be hurt by the reasonable price offered for one of these weather stations. Trust this efficient weather station for readings on wind speed and direction, indoor and outdoor temperatures, barometric pressure, and humidity. Thanks to its two additional sensors – the UV Sensor and the Solar Radiation Sensor, you can keep track of vital data on the weather around you. So, if your interest is to monitor your home’s weather conditions or you wish to track rainfall and temperature trends for your farm, orchard, or garden, owning one of these weather stations is your best bet.
While the sensors might lose their accuracy over time, the overall benefits of choosing the Ambient Weather Station outweigh the costs.
- This weather station is precise and accurate;
- Wirelessly transmits and receives internet data;
- It sends out wind speed, direction, humidity, outdoor temperature, solar and UV radiation, and rainfall from its all-in-one sensor;
- This weather station provides readings on the dew point and rainfall rates as well as detailed trend graphs on temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.
7. La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station with Temperature Alerts
- Color forecast icons with pressure tendency. Adjustable backlight. Temperature alerts (in/out).
- Monitors indoor & wireless outdoor temperature (F/C) & humidity
- WWVB self setting time and date with automatic daylight saving time updates
What should you expect from La Crosse products but the best wireless weather station products that are top of their class? That is what you will get with the La Crosse Technology S88907 Vertical Wireless Color Forecast Station. Featuring precise weather forecasts and animated color graphs showing the weather trends in your area, this weather station offers you more, and then some.
As with every La Crosse product, this weather station offers high-quality functions at a reasonable cost. It tells you when the barometric pressure in your area changes, the comfort levels of your indoor areas, and it keeps track of your indoor and outdoor temperatures, among other things. With this weather station, you can rest assured that you won’t miss crucial information and signals about your local weather ever again.
Features you will love include the large easy to read and bright colored display, sensitive remote sensors, easy to set up unit (plug and play), and the convenient fold-out stand you can mount it on. Other features you would need to get used to include the rear controls for brightness, high and low-temperature setting, and dew point readings. It is a little difficult to read from an angle – you must face the display directly.
- Weather Station keeps up to date information on indoor and outdoor humidity, temperature (Fahrenheit and Celsius). It also gives real-time alerts;
- It is powered by a 5.0 Volt AC adapter for the display, two AA batteries (Alkaline) for the Sensor, and optionally, three triple “A” Alkaline batteries (for backup);
- Weather Station: 6.1” W x 9.6” H x 1.06” D
- The weather station’s remote sensor picks up information on the weather conditions where it is mounted;
- This weather station gives real-time readings on the temperature, wind speed, and other weather information that you can use to plan your day. It also gives reliable weather forecasts.
8. Netatmo Weather Station Indoor Outdoor with Wireless Outdoor Sensor
- UNDERSTAND YOUR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENT: indoor / outdoor temperature, humidity, air...
- RECEIVE REAL-TIME NOTIFICATIONS: use your Weather Station to customise indoor and outdoor...
- ACCESS YOUR DATA REMOTELY AND WITH YOUR VOICE: easily access your weather readings at any time...
Catch up with the weather in your area with the best personal weather station available – the Netatmo Weather Station. It allows you to measure the weather conditions in your home or business right from your Android or iOS smartphone, tablet or PC.
Your Netatmo Weather Station delivers readings on humidity, temperature, Carbon Dioxide concentrations, and barometric pressure. You receive these readings wirelessly and seamlessly on your smartphone. With this weather station, keep up to date on the indoor and outdoor weather conditions whenever you choose.
Not only does the Netatmo Weather Station provide reliable weather information whenever you need it, but it also gives warnings and alerts on pollution, air quality, and outdoor weather conditions. You might find it a little daunting to set up the weather station up the first time, but carefully read and follow the instructions and you will get the hang of it. Also, make sure that your wireless connection is reliable to keep this weather station functioning at its best.
- This weather station gives outdoor and indoor temperature readings, air quality, humidity, barometric pressure, and indoor noise levels;
- Get real-time notifications on your smartphone from your weather station, also provides ventilation alerts to let you know when to air your home out;
- Use your smartphone, tablet or computer to tap into your weather data provided by your Netatmo Weather Station;
- Allows you to review past weather information from the data history stored in the unit, also provides graphs so you can see the weather trend;
- Provides seven-day weather forecasts so you can be prepared for any situation;
- The Netatmo Weather Station which can be used indoor and outdoor is a sleek and stylish design for y our home;
- Easily connect your weather station to Wi-Fi with a free app you can download.
9. Kestrel 5500 Pocket Weather Meter
- Multi-function weather meter with vane mount and wireless Bluetooth LiNK (iOS/Android...
- 14 measurements: wind speed/direction/chill, air/water/snow temperature, humidity, pressure and...
- Large display is backlit and has night vision preserving lighting for readability day or night
The best personal weather station that is also lightweight and portable is yours when you purchase the 5500 Pocket Weather Meter. Despite its pocket size, it is a complete weather meter that measures temperature, wind speed, humidity, direction, and pressure. It can measure fourteen weather parameters, carry out various functions, and easily link to your smartphone.
Not only does this hand-held weather station carry out many functions, but it is also easy to use, with a user-friendly display that everyone will be comfortable with. The graphing display is large and readable both during the daytime and at nights. Your 5500 Pocket Weather Meter is also durable and waterproof, so you don’t have to be concerned about it being easily damaged. It comes with an attachment weather vane, so you can mount it like a camera on a tripod anywhere in your location that is suitable.
- Lightweight and portable weather station;
- Features a data logger that also produces graphs and big sunlight-readable displays, comes with a tripod vane and allows the option to mount;
- This weather station unit measures temperature, wind speed, pressure, direction, and humidity;
- Capable of providing measurements for fourteen meteorological parameters which are calculated and displayed in real time;
- Provides measurements like density altitude, dew point temperature, and wet bulb temperatures in high resolution.
10. Wireless Weather Station with Indoor / Outdoor Wireless Sensor and USB Charge Port.
- 3 Channel Weather Sensor for ThinkGizmos Weather Station Models TG646 and TG647
- Asins for compatible weather stations TG646 - B071GNTBF6 & TG647 - B071GNTYZ8
- Requires 2x AA Batteries (Not Included)
With this well-designed home weather station, you can get extra weather information from sensors that can be used inside or outside. Not only does this weather station tell the date and time (which for US users are set automatically), but it also tells what the outdoor and indoor temperatures are. It also shows the humidity of the area, moon phases, Barometric pressure, and gives the forecast of the weather for up to eight hours.
At seven inches tall, this home weather station also has a built-in stand and is a great addition for your home. Furthermore, this unit is convenient as an alarm clock in your bedroom complete with snooze functions and backlights you can adjust. In addition, this TG646 Weather Station connects up to 3 sensors simultaneously so that you can get multiple readings.
You will need two AAA batteries to get the remote sensor going and the weather station is easy to connect to the main unit using the mains adaptor that is included. You also have the flexibility to use two AA batteries in the main unit, so you can move the weather station around. This home weather station is also equipped with a USB port (found at the back) for you to charge other devices.
- This is a tabletop unit and not designed for hanging on walls;
- You can switch temperature readings between Fahrenheit and Celcius;
- Weather station records the minimum and maximum temperatures. The temperature ranges are 32 F – 122 F (indoors) and -4 F to 140 F (outdoors);
- This weather station unit has a range of up to 60 meters in open space;
- Visually displays upcoming weather (six weather types) and the phases of the full moon;
- Comes with a USB port for charging other devices;
- Size: 7” x 4.5” x 1.4” or 18cm x 11cm x 3.5cm.
11. Wittime Latest 2076 Weather Station
- ☂ HIGH ACCURACY: Accurate temperature and humidity remind you of changes in the weather, and...
- ☂ EASY TO READ: From our customer feedback, we redesigned a larger size display especially...
- ☂ WEATHER FORECAST: The current air pressure using a high precision barometer gives an...
First on the list, we’ll be taking a look at the Wittime brand weather station. Right off the bat, you’ll notice that the display is quite colorful. It’s a multi-functional weather station that will give you accurate readings around the clock so you are able to plan your day without having to guess what the weather is going to be like outside. The display is large in size so you are able to read the weather data with ease (which makes it a whole lot better for those with bad eyesight). Aside from the usual temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure reasons you’ll be able to get a reading of what phase the moon is currently in. On top of that, you’ll also be getting a 12 to 24-hour forecast of what will lie ahead weather wise. This way, you’ll be able to be a step or two ahead of the weather. Why take the chance and forget about the weather when you can make the determination before heading out to do something fun?
This weather station is Wi-Fi compatible so you are able to get your readings in real-time and with the best possible accuracy. And by the way, it’s not just any ordinary weather station. This can be used as an alarm clock. Set the alarm or sleep as long as you like, it’s entirely up to you.
As for the pros and cons, let’s get started with the pros: first off, a lot of the new users were happy with the high-tech look and the super-accurate readings. They also said that they have so much information at their disposal so they are able to determine what may lie ahead in the coming hours (assuming they’re a bit weather-knowledgeable). The weather station made for a great indoor station that is bright, colorful, and easy to understand.
The major cons of the station are as follows: one, the weather station does not have atomic clock synchronization. This might be a disappointment for some who are in search of a weather station for their own use. Some have even reported seeing the temperature readings be off by at least a couple of degrees. While not necessarily a big deal for most, sometimes it might drive someone nuts (for some odd reason).
The Wittime Latest 2076 Weather Station is hands down one of the biggest, brightest, and most reliable weather stations on the market right now. You can set it on your desk or hang it on the wall. Either way, it will work to keep you ahead of the weather so you can enjoy your day however you see fit.
12. Fetanten Wireless Weather Station with Outdoor Sensor
- 7.5 inch Large screen weather station: WS004 Weather Station with The 7.5-inch screen is...
- Thermometer and hygrometer: Indoor / outdoor temperature display and humidity display can...
- Important Data: Indoor temperature display, resolution 0.5°F, detection range 14°F-122°F,...
Next up, we have the Fetanten Wireless Weather Station. This is yet another one of the large display weather stations that will be easy to read and understand. If you are getting tired of having to squint and see the readings on your old weather station or if you’re questioning the reading of your outdoor mercury thermometer, maybe it’s time to get something that is more accurate. The black and white display stand out pretty good. Plus it’s not so bland and boring either.
Aside from your usual readings of temperature, barometer, and humidity this station has a hydrometer. This means it will not only have the ability to measure the humidity outside, but it will do the same indoors. This will come quite in handy since you need to keep the rooms inside your home at a specific range of humidity levels. Imagine a weather station helping you prevent mold growth in your home.
It will need to reach a certain level of humidity in order for that to happen. So it’s good to stay ahead of the curve rather than be unaware. You get real-time accurate readings around the clock so you are able to know what’s going on outside and what will lie ahead in the future. This is the kind of weather station that goes above and beyond the call of duty to not only provide you with weather condition updates, but you get accurate readings so you are able to keep ahead of the curve when it comes to climate-related health issues like asthma or arthritis.
Whether it’s day or night, dawn or dusk this is a weather station that has all of your bases covered. The pros of this product are as follows: This is a weather display that is super easy to set up and will be able to give you the most accurate and easy to understand readings out there. Most users managed to receive a lot of information at their fingertips and keep themselves up to date when they are planning any outdoor activities.
Of course, with pros come the cons. And fortunately, there really isn’t much. Some have complained about the setup instructions. They say they are vague and hard to understand. Some have also reported the weather station not setting itself up for daylight savings time. While it might be a pain to set the clocks back or forward, it might come with the territory of owning a weather station like this.
If you want a big, bright display that will give you all sorts of accurate information on what’s going on outdoors then the Fetanten Wireless Weather Station might be the best choice for you. If you’re not the kind of person who wants a nice colorful display, a nice and sharp black and white might be right for you.
13. SMARTRO Wireless Weather Station
- WIRELESS COLOR WEATHER STATION: Features a color forecast icon that reacts to changes in...
- INDOOR OUTDOOR THERMOMETER & HUMIDITY MONITOR: SMARTRO wireless indoor outdoor hygrometer...
- 3-CHANNEL TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY METER WITH WIDE APPLICATIONS: Wireless transmission capable...
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the SMARTRO Wireless Weather Station. This puppy is packed with so much information about the weather than you know what to do with. OK, so that’s probably an exaggeration. But in all seriousness, it’s got a full-color display that will give you a big, bright display of all the necessary data.
You can display it on our desktop or you can hang it on the wall. Either way, it’s a nice addition to have inside your home. You get all the relevant readings that a weather station can display. Temperature, humidity, barometer, and weather conditions. You will stay on top of everything this weather station will display so you know can determine whether or not you can stay home or go forward with your outdoor activities.
Sure, bad weather can foil your plans but you’ll always have a plan B up your sleeve just in case. Of course, this weather station will not only provide you with the weather data that you need it can also serve you well as an alarm clock. A weather station like this can pull double duty if and when it’s able to.
Now, let’s take a look at the pros: For one, the display is easy to read. It’s bright, but not too bright where it might hurt your eyes (and we know what that can be like). A lot of users say that the data displayed on the weather station is accurate, dependable, and nothing appears to be off in terms of statistics. So if accuracy is your “make or break”, this weather station will certainly be the best one you can find when it comes to razor-sharp accurate readings.
The only con would be the brightness: Yes, while not being so bright can be a good thing for some, it might not be for others. So it might be a little hard to read at first. But once your eyes get used to the settings you can still be able to read them easily. The SMARTRO Wireless Weather Station is a nice looking weather station with a sharp, easy to read display that will give you the most accurate measurements available in real-time.
14. Oritronic Digital Weather Station
Looking at this weather station, these colors are bright and really do pop. That alone makes reading and understanding the weather data a lot more easier. It’s quite a pretty cool display that will give you accurate and reliable readings 24 hours a day. This will not only read the temperature and humidity outside, but it will also do the same indoors.
It’s a perfect tool to have to ensure that your home is safe from any mold growth or any negative environmental conditions that may be hazardous to your health. Not bad for something that has the primary task of telling you what the weather is outside. One of the other cool features about this weather station is the radio controller that comes with this. This allows you to synchronize the local time to where you are.
That would be a huge plus for you if you end up moving from one time zone to another. You don’t have to reset the weather station itself once you have everything all set up and ready to go. You’ll get the right time, the right readings, and so on.
This is a weather station that will be easily installed on your wall or at your desk. No matter where you place it, you’ll have the weather data close by you so you know what’s going on outside and what will be coming up in the next 12 to 24 hours. It’s a weather station that will give you all the data you need in a colorful display.
Some of the major pros of this is that it’s so easy to understand, it would be a great thing to teach kids about the weather. At some point in their lifetime, kids will learn about barometric pressure and humidity. So it gives them an opportunity to learn ahead and have a better understanding of the weather when they are older. Maybe someday, they can have a weather station as cool as this. Setup is easy and of course, the data display is easy to read.
One major con that we can point out is the backlight. It might not be the brightest even when it’s on a full battery. It could be a tad bit brighter, but it might be just enough for some older eyes to adjust properly. The Oritronic Digital Weather Station might be the best weather station you’ll invest in if you want not just accurate reading, but also color displays that might even be entertaining to your kids or grandkids.
15. GBlife Wireless Weather Station
- ☀【All-in-One Weather Station】 GBlife Weather station provides multiple information...
- ☀【Indoor Outdoor Temperature Humidity Monitor】 Advanced sensor gives accurate indoor...
- ☀【Colorful LCD Screen】 5*8 inch large display with clear numbers; 5-level brightness...
If you like colorful displays, then this might be a nice looking weather station to take a peek at. You get accurate readings for both inside and outside temperatures and humidity. Of course, that’s not all you get. You’ll be able to get readings on the current weather and the moon phases all on one bright and super easy to read display.
This also comes with a wireless sensor that is synchronized to the station itself so you are able to get the same readings from just about anywhere in the house. This weather station will stay ahead of the weather and will also alert you of any adverse weather conditions that may be a cause for concern.
Imagine a weather station going the extra mile to keep you out of harm’s way and at least change your plans for going outdoors. Like some of the best weather stations on the market, this one also can work as an alarm clock. When you get up in the morning (or hit snooze) you can be able to know what it’s like outside. Sunny out? Get up and go. Rainy day? Probably a good excuse to hit the snooze button.
One of the best pros of this weather station is the easy to read display. This will be a great tool for kids who are studying the weather (be it in science class or for the fun of it). Of course, no weather station would be this fascinating without the bright, vibrant colors and even some of the animations as well.
It’s a weather station that kids will probably love more than you do. As for the cons: Right out of the box, it might be a bit buggy and a bit of a pain to set up. Sometimes the synchronization between the wireless sensor and the station itself might be a bit off. So make sure you double-check that both are on the same page.
The GBlife Wireless Weather Station is a pretty fun thing to have at the house. You can probably say that weather stations in general are not that boring. But they are sure nice to have when you want to keep up to date on what’s going on both inside and outside. No home is complete without a weather station like this one, especially when it’s nice and colorful and super ready to read.
16. Kalawen Weather Station
- 🏆 [7-in-1 weather station with 3 outdoor sensors] Outdoor temperature and humidity, weather...
- 🏆 [Weather forecast] Accurately predict the weather conditions in the next 8 hours according...
- 🏆 [Accurate Temperature and Humidity Monitor] Advanced wireless sensor provides accurately...
Imagine having a weather station that has not one, not two, but three outdoor displays at your disposal (plus the indoor temperature and humidity reading)? The Kalawen Weather Station has that ability. You’ll have three different sensors to place outdoors.
You can place one on your front porch, another in a woodshed and probably another on your mailbox at the end of your driveway. You’ll have accurate readings across the board and all available in a colorful and easy-to-read display. This will look good on your wall, nightstand, or desk.
Since it can also double as an alarm clock, you can have the ability to disable the alarm by pressing any button or simply hitting snooze so you can get an additional five minutes of sleep. So whatever you choose, at least you’ll know what the weather is going to be like when you get up and around each morning.
Major pros include the display being nice and bright (and by the way, it’s at the perfect level of brightness). So if you want something that’s easy to read even if your eyes are slow to adjust from half-asleep to fully awake, this weather station might be the one you’ll want. If the weather is bad, that might be a snooze button within itself (as in go back to sleep if you got nothing going on). At this point, there are no cons to report regarding this weather station.
If you want a good-sized weather display that is always at work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week the Kalawen Weather Station will give you accurate readings from the outdoors and inside as well. Who says you can’t stay ahead of nature when you have the technology to do so?
17. La Crosse Technology WiFi Professional Weather Station
- Use as stand alone weather station or connect to Wi-Fi and use with free La Crosse View app...
- Dynamic color weather forecast icons and automatic tree foliage changes for each season
- Monitors Indoor and Outdoor temperature (F/C) and humidity (%RH) with customizable alerts with...
Now, we’re going to bust out some of the big guns. What we mean by this is you don’t just get a weather station display, you get a setup kit that will measure barometric pressure, wind speed, humidity and just about anything in between.
On top of that, you also get a rain bucket that will accurately determine how much rain has fallen in your immediate vicinity. This is a weather station that you can set up as a standalone or use your Wi-Fi to get the best accurate weather information possible.
This is a weather station that you’ve probably been dying to get for quite some time. And of course, you not only get outdoor weather readings but it will measure the indoor temperature and humidity as well. Inside and out, this weather station will give you reliable and accurate readings so you know what to expect throughout the day and the next 24 hours.
The pros of this weather station is the following: for one, the display station gives you a good amount of brightness and vibrant color so it looks easy to read even from a distance. It’s nice and sharp looking and doesn’t look too dull and hard to read. You can read the weather from a distance without having to look closely. Also, the set up of the station is quite easy. Just be sure to place the wind speed and rain bucket in the right places to ensure an accurate reading.
As far as the cons go, it can be a bit finicky with the Wi-Fi connection at times. So it’s important to get a good idea of what the range is prior to using it with the Wi-Fi settings on. The La Crosse Technology WiFi Professional Weather Station goes above and beyond what some weather stations can be able to do. So if you want to know what the weather is right down to the smallest of details (or close to it), this might be the station you’re probably going to consider.
18. AcuRite 01512 Wireless Weather Station with 5-in-1 Weather Sensor
- Accurately Measure Temperature, Humidity, Wind Speed, Wind Direction and Rain Fall
- Includes Weather Ticker for Real-Time Home Weather Updates
- Monitor Indoor and Outdoor Conditions with Remote Sensor
At this point, this weather station probably has the most colorful display screen available. So if you want something that is eye-catching and easy to read, you best believe that this weather station will do just that. This comes with a wind measurement tool that will help determine accurate wind speeds. This might come in handy even in the wintertime when the wind chill might play a role in making sure you are bundled up and ready to brace for the harsh cold.
Also included is a weather ticker that documents the highest and lowest temperatures of the week. You’ll also get every bit of weather data you’ll need so you know what’s going on both outside and inside. This weather station can be powered by either electricity or even a battery. It’s perfect for when you’ll be losing power even due to bad weather. So when the lights go out, your weather station can still go strong for hours on batteries. You’ll still be able to know everything going on outside even if you’re in the dark for a long time.
According to most users, the weather station is super easy to set up and will always provide accurate weather displays for both the outdoors and indoors as well. The indoor readings are important since you want to keep the house at the right temperature and yes, the right humidity. Another pro is the colorful display. It’s eye-catching and makes it a lot more easier on the eyes. So it’s not too bright or too dull either.
The cons include some complaints about inaccuracy. Some users say the temperature readings might be off by a degree or two depending on the location of the outdoor sensor. One other complaint is the inability to turn off the backlight or at least dimming it to a level where it won’t affect your sleep patterns.
So ideally, it’s not going to be appropriate to place on your nightstand. The AcuRite 01512 Wireless Weather Station will be a great investment to have you you want a nice weather station with little equipment to work with and weather information that you can access just by simply walking past it.
19. AcuRite WiFi Station with HD Display and Lightning Detector
- Wi-Fi home weather station with wireless sensor, lightning detection
- Compatible with Weather Underground
- Digital High-Definition (HD) display, visible from all viewing angles
Now we are getting into one of the more fun weather stations on our list. This one not just does the usual measurements of temperature, wind speed, humidity, and barometric pressure. It can detect lightning as well. How far can it detect it? Try a 25-mile radius.
It’s true that lightning is one of nature’s deadliest killers. And a lightning bolt can strike you via a storm located some 10 to 15 miles away. So if you are planning an outdoor activity and a storm is threatening the horizon, this weather display will help you double-check and make the final determination of whether or not it’s safe to venture outside. This weather station will save your life so long as you heed its warnings.
And it can work with Weather Underground to give you the best weather readings period. In fact, it will give you super-accurate readings and the opportunity to display your weather station readings on the Weather Underground site. That way, you can check your weather from just about anywhere you are via the Internet. You can forget about AccuWeather or some other news site. The real weather readings are outside your window.
A lot of new users have said that this weather station works as advertised. This means they are getting super accurate readings and the station is picking up on lightning strikes that are within that detection radius. They concluded that the weather station was reliable and never fails to give you a weather report in real-time. This weather station is probably the only one on the market that can withstand extreme weather better than anything else.
One of the cons is the possibility of getting an inaccurate reading when the sun hits the sensor. So you may get some readings that are a bit off than the actual temperature because of the sun’s position. In other words, it might be like one of those old school thermometers that appears quite off because it’s sitting in the sunlight and taking up so much heat.
The AcuRite WiFi Station might just be the best of the best for the right reasons. This sets “know before you go” to a whole new level. You can plan your outdoor activities and be notified of any rapid weather conditions forming in the quickest amount of time possible. You get a complete weather station in one convenient package deal at a price that is affordable (rather than absurdly high).
20. Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station
- Allows you to monitor your home and backyard weather conditions with TFT color display
- Wireless all-in-one integrated sensor array measures wind speed/direction, temperature,...
- Supports both imperial and metric units of measure with calibration available
For our final weather station, we’ll be taking a look at the Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station. Right off the bat, you’ll notice that the display is quite sharp and pretty dang pleasing to the eyes. As expected, you get accurate and dependable readings for both the outside weather conditions and the indoor temperature and humidity.
You’ll get real-time readings of barometric pressure and a wind speed measurement that updates the average every 10 minutes. It’s a simple to use a station that is easy to set up. On top of that, you can use a special code to add your weather station readings to your website. So if you own a business and have a website, you can keep visitors of your town informed of the weather conditions (or even the locals).
On top of the weather readings, you get the moon phases, times for sunset and sunrise, and peace of mind in knowing that you will be prepared for any weather conditions that will help you make a decision in terms of planning outdoor or even indoor activities.
Now let’s discuss the pros of this weather station: first off, this connects and sets up right out of the box. So you’ll be able to get accurate and reliable readings quickly rather than sit and wait until a signal is required. And it’s even affordable for those looking for a weather station on a budget as well. It may be a starter kit or used for the long term. But either way, it’s a great weather station to rely on for when you need the most accurate weather information period.
The cons on the other hand are some complaining that the weather station might be a bit useless during the winter months. Specifically, the snow may cover the sensors and therefore make them unable to read some of the data like the wind speed. So if you are up to the task, you might want to brush it off at times.
The Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station might be the weather station that can get job done day in and day out if you want accurate, dependable weather reports on a simple to read and easy to see screen. Whether it’s the dead of winter or the dog days of summer, this weather station works hard to make sure that it will give you a better report than what you’ll read on the Internet.
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Weather Station
So, you want to buy your own weather station but are not sure what to choose. There are so many options, it is easy to get lost. When choosing from the best home weather station offerings on or offline, here are a few things to consider: You can read another weather radio and shortwave radio review.
Select a reputable brand that you can trust. Make sure that the weather station being offered comes with a warranty as well as local support. The last thing you need is a weather station that quickly breaks down and there is no warranty or support for it. No need to spend extra because of this.
The weather variables:
When buying a weather station, check whether it can report on more than one weather variable. This means the temperature, rainfall, humidity, wind speed and direction, barometric pressure, and all the usual weather-related things you need to know. Note, though, that the more features your weather station supports, the more it is likely to cost.
This brings us to your budget. Weather stations come in different styles and features, and as such will cost anywhere from dirt cheap to astronomical. Consider how much you are willing and able to spend when choosing your weather station. If you are on a tight budget, consider choosing a weather station that will give you pretty much what you need to know without the bells and whistles. If, however, cost is not a major impediment, you can reach for the weather station that carries as many features and functions as you like.
How you install it:
Most weather stations on the market today are easy to install. That is what you would need to consider when choosing your next best home weather station. The device should be already assembled and easy to set up and connect to your Wi-Fi network. Installation instructions are usually provided to make it easier for anyone to follow. Check that your weather station has all the components and they are already assembled and easy to set up. Mounting your weather station should also be easy and you should also have numerous mounting options.
The beauty of modern weather stations is the ability to send data remotely to various devices. This is possible through the maximum distance that its signal can travel. When selecting your weather station, go for the one that has an extended transmission distance.
It goes without saying that accuracy is a feature of the best weather station money can buy. Not only should the various readings be accurate, but they should be clear and easy for the user to read and understand. Therefore, the display should also be easy on the eyes.
The ability of your weather station to provide frequent updates in real time is an important consideration. This is a crucial function that makes it worth the cost of your weather station. Not only are you provided with relevant weather information whenever you want it, but it is also a convenient feature that you can rely on whenever you need to make certain important decisions about your home or business.
Best Location to Install a Personal Weather Station
For the most accurate readings from your weather station, it is vital that you set it up in the best location in your home or business.
Here are the recommendations:
- Humidity / Temperature Sensor – Put this sensor on a natural, flat surface inside a radiation shield, placed so that you can see it at eye level – between 4 feet 1 inch and 6 feet 7 inches above the surface. Ensure that horizontally the distance is at least two times the height of any nearby obstructions. Don’t place it near artificial heat sources.
- Anemometer – Set it at around 33 feet above the ground. The horizontal distance should be ten times as long as the height of the closest obstacle. If, however, you did not set up the anemometer on the top of a mast, ensure that it is placed around 3 times the diameter away from your main mast.
- Rain Gauge – Ensure that this is set up above the ground at a height of between four to six feet. Position it at a horizontal distance of no less than four times the height of close obstacles.
- All-In-One Sensors – For this type of weather station you would need to make a judgment call on the ideal height of your anemometer and the other sensors. For best results, set it up no lower than 10 feet.
In rural areas, it is easier to find suitable locations away from obstacles to mount a weather station. In suburban areas where it is impossible to mount on tall masts, available structures like on top of roofs or on eaves with side mounts or tripods would suffice. To prevent lightning strikes on your weather station mounted on a metal mast, run a ground wire.
Frequently Asked Question About Weather Station
Why do I need a Weather Station at home?
One of the benefits of having your own weather station installed in your home or business is the savings you make on heating and cooling bills. Certainly, with accurate and real-time weather data from home, you will be able to make certain decisions on how much energy to use for heating or cooling your location. Without this information, you will experience certain inconveniences because of changes in weather conditions. Your weather station allows you to keep track of various weather conditions including the temperature, barometric pressure, wind, and rainfall. You then can take action that will save you money big time.
Where should I locate my hub?
The hub of your weather station is best located inside your house. It should also be plugged in and be within the range that allows the Wi-Fi router to connect with it. That way you have a strong and lasting Wi-Fi connection that is also within the range of your other weather station devices. Communication among the various devices will be allowed once your hub is set up correctly. Do not put your hub behind cement walls and anything that would block the signals.
Will my weather data be the same as reported on my local weather station?
The weather report you get from your weather station is related to your home or business and not the wider neighborhood. Your weather station will pick up the temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, and other weather conditions of your home (or business) locations only. Depending on how you set up your weather station, you will receive data that are unique to that location. So, in most instances, your weather data will not be the same as the weather report you see or hear on local TV or radio stations. That does not mean that your weather station is inaccurate, only that the data applies to specifically to your physical location.
Are the stations difficult to set up?
Generally, weather stations are quite simple to set up and install. You don’t need special skills to mount and connect your weather station and its components. The instructions that come with the weather stations are also quite helpful so that installation and connection of your weather station is a snap. While the components are easy to install for those who can do it themselves, it does not hurt to also get help to install components like the anemometer, or the weather vane.
It is not easy to choose a weather station if you don’t know what to look for. With so many options out there, it is easy to get confused and frustrated. Thankfully, there are a few reliable weather station reviews that provide helpful tips on the best home weather station to buy. By now, you should have an idea about the kind of weather station you need to use. If you are still unsure about the weather station you need to get, take time to learn more about the great options available and then choose the one that best meets tour needs and expectations.