If you already own a vacuum cleaner, How do you know if it’s one of the best vacuums for carpet? With so many variables and products on the market, it can be hard to know which vacuums come out on top. A lot of the time, the surface of your carpet may appear clean after you vacuum it. Unfortunately, many vacuums that are in households today don’t clean deep down into the carpet to get rid of pet dander, crime, and more.
Top 5 Best Vacuums for Carpet & Hardwood Floor: Editor’s Recommended
Today I wanted to share with you 15 of the best vacuum cleaners for carpets that money can buy. Below you’ll find honest reviews along with an in-depth buying guide to help you compare one product to another. Don’t spend any of your hard-earned money before checking out which products made the list.
- Our 15 Best Vacuums for Carpet & Hardwood Floor Review:
- 1. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- 2. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
- 3. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- 4. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- 5. Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Miele Electro+ Canister Vacuum
- 7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 8. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- 9. Eureka NEU562A FloorRover Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 10. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 11. Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 12. Kenmore Elite 31150 Bagged Upright Beltless Vacuum
- 13. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 14. KingSo Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Upright Handheld Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 15. Ovente Electric Vacuum, 3-Stage Filtration with Hepa Filter
- Buying Guide: What to Look When Choose Vacuums for Carpet & Hardwood Floor
- How To Use of a Carpets Vacuum Cleaner
- How To Take Care of Your Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
- FAQ’s : Frequently Ask Question About Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
Our 15 Best Vacuums for Carpet & Hardwood Floor Review:
When it comes to carpet vacuum cleaner reviews, you won’t find anything better than this. We’ve included the best cordless stick vacuum for carpet, the best operate vacuum for carpet, and more. Let’s start off by talking about one of my favorites.
- Lift-Away: Lift Away the detachable pod and easily clean above-floor areas like stairs and...
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the...
- Powerful, lightweight, and versatile at only 14 lbs.
Shark is known for making high-quality products and this upright vacuum is just that. It can be used on carpet and hardwood floors. It has a HEPA filter, an anti-allergies seal and a pet tool. It has incredible suction power that helps to pick up all dirt, grime, and anything else that may be in your carpet.
It’s relatively lightweight, weighing less than 13 pounds, making it easy for just about everyone to use. You can adjust the amount of suction that you use, giving you more capabilities to use this vacuum on different surface area types. It has a convenient lift away press button that makes it incredibly easy to take out and insert the canister. The canister is easy to clean and has a reusable filter built-in. The filter traps dust and allergens, keeping the air in your home fresher.
It’s fairly small in size making it portable if need be. It has a swivel steering technology that gives you more control and makes it easier to move it maneuver around things like furniture. Lastly, the handle is detachable, which can come in handy when you’re cleaning stairs, curtains, or the surfaces of furniture.
- HEPA filter
- Pet upholstery tool
- Detachable canister
- Lightweight and portable
- Adjustable height settings
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
2. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
- Shark APEX featuring DuoClean, Powered Lift-Away, and self-cleaning brushroll technologies.
- DuoClean Technology: Dual brushroll system deep-cleans carpets and directly engages floors for...
- The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop...
Another one of the best vacuum cleaners for carpet that comes from Shark is there Apex upright vacuum. This machine comes with several special features that can help you get your carpet as clean as possible. One of the features is called DuoClean. DuoClean is a dual brush roll system that can deep clean carpets and helps to give floors a polished look after cleaning.
The next feature is the Powered Lift-Away setting. This basically helps the canister to detach to extend the reach of the cleaner head, making it a breeze to get under furniture. It also has a self-cleaning brush roll that gets rid of any unwanted hair that you may have on your furniture, rugs, or carpet. Because of the Zero-M technology, The hair that lands on the brush roll will be self-cleaned by the vacuum.
Like the other Shark product above, this one has a HEPA filter and advanced anti-allergen complete seal technology. It comes with a pet power brush, an upholstery tool and a duster crevice tool that is a foot-long. It is relatively lightweight, weighing less than 25 pounds.
- Powered Lift-Away technology
- Zero-M technology
- Relatively lightweight
- DuoCLean feature gives a deeper clean
- Comes with plenty of accessories
3. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; Includes 1 dual mode virtual wall barrier...
- 3 stage cleaning system and dual multi surface brushes pick up everything from small particles...
- Patented dirt detect sensors alert roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as...
If you’re looking for one of the best cordless vacuums for carpet, consider the iRobot Roomba 690. This is a robot vacuum that connects to Wi-Fi and cleans your floors for you. It has a three-stage cleaning system and dual multi-surface brushes that help pick everything up no matter the surface or the sides of the particle.
One of the coolest things about this vacuum is that it has intelligent sensors but helping guide itself around the room, under furniture, and around the walls. It can be paired with Android or iOS devices and is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. When fully charged, it can run for up to an hour and a half. Once the time is up, the robot vacuum will automatically duck itself and start recharging.
It has an incredibly convenient feature of being able to be connected from anywhere. This means you can clean and schedule your home at any time right from your smartphone. You can view the clean map and access support if needed. There is a built-in wall barrier that will keep the robot from bumping into the walls or damaging floorboards.
If you have a busy life, you may get a ton of use out of this robot vacuum. It does the work for you and you don’t even have to be home to get the job done. I don’t know about you, but the thought of coming home to a cleaner house without having to do any work sounds like a great idea to me.
- Wi-Fi operated vacuum
- Can be controlled via smartphone from anywhere
- Has built-in sensors to direct itself
- Charges automatically once the battery is low
- You can put the vacuum on a cleaning schedule
4. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- SPINSCRUB BRUSH SYSTEM: Safely deep clean carpets of the toughest dirt with powerful 360 degree...
- DUAL V NOZZLE: Evenly cleans surfaces with equal suction
- HEAT FORCE: For faster drying
Hoover is easily one of the most popular and trusted brands when it comes to vacuuming. Their Power Scrub Deluxe vacuum is proof of just that. If you’re on a budget and still would like a high-quality vacuum cleaner, this is it. It can deep clean your carpets and get rid of the toughest dirt with the built-in 360° brushes. The suction power is stronger than many other vacuums on the market. Due to the way, it’s designed it can evenly clean surfaces, no matter if it’s on carpet or hardwood floors.
This is a lightweight vacuum, weighing in at less than 19 pounds. You can pick it up and go wherever you need to clean without having to worry about logging around a heavy vacuum. It has a heat force built-in which helps to speed up drying time while lifting hard to get stains.
It comes with an 8-foot hose that can help you clean hard-to-reach places. There is also a stair tool, and an upholstery brush, a crevice tool, as well as a sample bottle of a carpet cleaning solution that Hoover swears by. The built-in water tank is incredibly easy to clean out and there are easy to adjust wash and rinse mode controls.
- Cleans floors using a solution
- Dries floors using heat force
- Brushes move in a 360-degree motion
- It’s lightweight
- The water tank is incredibly easy to empty
5. Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris....
- 10 pounds lightweight upright vacuum: The EurekaPowerSpeed is pretty lightweight and easy to...
- 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures...
Next on the list is a popular lightweight bagless upright vacuum cleaner from Eureka. This machine has a unique motor and brush roll system that can lift difficult stains along with heavy debris. The nozzle is over a foot and a half long which can make it quicker to clean, as well as make it easy to pick up larger debris. It is one of the lightest vacuums on this list. It weighs just 10 pounds and doesn’t have a bulky body. It’s incredibly easy to maneuver around furniture and get your whole home clean.
The receptacle is over 4 liters in size, allowing for even more cleaning capabilities. It has a total of five height adjustments including, carpet, shag rug, hardwood floors, and more. The wheels are designed to leave all services scratch-free. It comes with several accessories like a quick release it has a total of five height adjustments including, carpet, shag rug, hardwood floors, and more. The wheels are designed to leave all surfaces scratch-free.
It comes with several accessories like a quick releasedHandled hose that makes it easy to clean and hard to reach places, a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and an upholstery tool. You can use this vacuum handled hose that makes it easy to clean and hard-to-reach places, a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and an upholstery tool. You can use this vacuum in your home or even in your car.
- Extra-wide nozzle
- Large receptacle capacity
- Five height adjustment options
- Incredibly lightweight
- Tons of amazing accessories
6. Miele Electro+ Canister Vacuum
- Air clean sealed system. Nominal power consumption in W : 1,100
- 6 stage variable speed Miele Made Vortex silence motor
- HEPA air clean filter. Filterbag volume in Liter: 3.5. Seb228 Electro+
This vacuum cleaner is top-of-the-line. It has an air clean sealed system and you can use any of the six-stage variable speed limits. This means that can be used on hardwood floors, carpet, different materials of rugs, and more. It has a vortex silent motor which as you could probably guess, makes this machine rather quiet. It has a HEPA air clean filter and a 3 ½ liter filter bag.
They are plenty of attachments included such as the crevice tool, upholstery tool, and a round brush nozzle. The hose is incredibly easy to detach and clean when you need to. The bags are easy to replace as well as the filter. The motor is incredibly powerful and can suck up just about any size debris. There is an easy to access control that allows you to choose how much suction power you’d like to use.
The bristles are natural and soft, which helps to suck up all types of dust and dirt as well as not causing any damage to your floors or carpet. There is also an incredibly convenient clip that holds all of the accessories without taking up too much space. This vacuum is on the pricier side, but you definitely get a higher quality, first-class vacuum cleaner that will last a lifetime.
- All accessories can be stored on the vacuum
- It’s whisper-quiet
- There is a suction control knob built-in
- The bags and filters are easy and quick to change out
- Incredibly compact and lightweight (weighing less than 19 pounds)
7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3-in-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At...
- Eureka's signature swivels steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when...
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push...
Another Eureka product to make the list is this Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Stick Vacuum. This is easily one of the best stick vacuums for carpets that money can buy. Speaking of, this is an incredibly budget-friendly option. As you can tell by the name it has a three in one design that makes it easy to customize the capabilities of the vacuum for your needs. This vacuum is very small and compact and weighs just 4 pounds.
There is a built-in swivel steering system that gives you better maneuverability so you can get into hard-to-reach places and easily clean under furniture. It has a large nozzle that can pick up bigger pieces of debris. It can work on low pile carpet, area rugs, and hardwood floors.
It has a powerful motor that easily sucks up things like dust and pollen. The filtration system is washable and helps to improve the air quality of your home. The power cord is 18 feet long, giving you the ability to clean a larger space without needing to change where you have the vacuum plugged in. If you’re on a tight budget yet still want something that gets the job done, this eureka vacuum cleaner is a solid choice. It also comes with a crevice tool and you can remove the body from the stick so it can be used as a handheld vacuum as well.
- Doubles as a handheld vacuum cleaner
- Can swivel under furniture
- The filter is easy to clean
- It’s incredibly budget-friendly
- It is by far one of the lightest weighing vacuums ever created
8. Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- Duoclean technology: Dual brushroll system deep cleans carpets and directly engages floors for...
- Ultra lightweight it converts into a 4.5 pounds handheld vacuum for versatile above floor...
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for maintenance.
Shark makes another appearance on this list with their Rocket DuoClean vacuum. If you’re looking for a vacuum it doesn’t take up a lot of space, this may be the product you choose. It has a dual brush roll that enforces triple particle cleaning. This gets rid of particles of all sizes on all types of services. Despite its small size, it actually has double the capacity size of a removable dust cup compared to the original Rocket.
The way it’s designed, it can easily get under all types of furniture, especially couches and chairs. You’ll never have to worry about losing suction or power due to its durable motor. There is a series of bright LED lights that make it easy to see and clean and dark spaces. It can swivel in a 360° motion so you know that every inch of your carpet gets cleaned.
The extremely soft brush roll helps to ensure that your carpets and floors won’t get scuffed up or scratched from the vacuum. It also has the capability to pull in high piles. This means that no matter what surface you are using the vacuum on if there is a pile of small particles such as dust, flour, sand, or anything else, it will easily be sucked up. One thing that makes this vacuum stand out is that it doesn’t have a front wall. This means that there is no snow plowing when the vacuum makes contact with larger debris.
- It’s incredibly compact
- It has built-in LED lights
- There is no front wall on the vacuum
- The brush roll is extra soft
- The triple particle cleaning feature helps to get floors as clean as possible
9. Eureka NEU562A FloorRover Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Easy-to-maneuver: The swivel steering provides easy maneuverability to clean between or under...
- Fluent Cleaning: Easy-glide big wheel technology that easily glides over all floor surfaces
- No Suction Lose: Multi-stage cycle system that never loses suction.
This is one futuristic looking vacuum cleaner. This Eureka upright vacuum cleaner is perfect for pet owners. It’s incredibly easy to maneuver thanks to the swivel steering that Eureka is known for. You can easily get in between furniture or in hard-to-reach places.
As you can see, it has a large wheel on the bottom that makes it easy to glide all over any type of surface. It also has a multi-stage cycle system that prevents the vacuum from ever losing suction. The dust cup is incredibly easy to remove and clean when necessary. The filter is washable, saving you money in the long run.
This inexpensive vacuum comes with a variety of onboard accessories. There is a two in one upholstery tool, a 16-inch long crevice tool, as well as a pet turbo brush. The pets turbo brush helps to remove pet hair and dander from all types of surfaces including bedding, upholstery, stairs, and floors. It has a self-adjusting spinning turbo blade that helps to pick up as much hair as possible.
It has a multi-stage cyclone system that helps separate small and large particles. This system makes sure that the vacuum doesn’t lose suction even as the desk up begins to fill. Lastly, there is a suction release valve you can open or close this valve for optimal maneuverability no matter what surface type you’re using it on.
- Easy to clean dust cup
- Washable and reusable filter
- Unique suction release valve
- Ergonomic handle
- Amazing and powerful accessories
10. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Windtunnel technology: Creates suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded...
- HEPA media filter: Traps 99.7 percent of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns
- Room to room cleaning: 5 height adjustments to go from deep carpet to hard floors and 25 foot...
This is another amazing inexpensive option if you’re on a budget. This Hoover vacuum has a wind tunnel technology built-in but helps to create suction and easily lift and remove any debris that is on the surface or even deeply embedded into the carpet. The HEPA media filter helps to trap almost 100% of dirt, pollen, and dust.
Towards the bottom of the vacuum, you will see a knob that has a total of five different height adjustments that allow you to clean high carpet’s, all the way down to Hardwood floors. This vacuum cleaner has a 25-foot long retractable cord but not only gives you better ability to clean an entire room, but also makes it incredibly easy to retrieve the cord with the push of a button.
It has a unique no-scuff bumper that helps to protect your furniture and walls as it cleans alongside and underneath. It comes with an extension wand to help you reach high and deep places. There is also a crevice tool, along with a dusting brush and a powered hand tool. All around this is a great vacuum that will work for just about anybody.
- Extra-long retractable power cord
- Wind Tunnel Technology
- Relatively inexpensive
- Built-in bumper prevents scuff
- Easy to clean dust cup
11. Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Developed with the leading global manufacturer of premium carpet. Designed to easily and...
- The only vacuum to use patented SONIC CARPET CLEANING TECHNOLOGY. The sonic bar on the bottom...
- Ultra-soft bristle brushroll, designed to be extra gentle on carpet fibers.
This is one of the more uniquely designed upright vacuum cleaners on this list. It has an adjustable vent system that makes it incredibly easy to maneuver on a soft carpet. This vacuum was designed with soft nylon bristles on the brush roll which help it pick up particles while being gentle on your flooring. As you can see, It has two large front wheels that give the vacuum and ability to float so to speak. This makes it really simple to push and pull the machine.
When any use there are 200 Sonic vibrations per second but help the vacuum to loosen up and get rid of all dirt and dust that is deep in your carpet. It has a unique motor design that gives it incredible suction capabilities. This vacuum also has an adjustable van system that makes it incredibly easy to maneuver.
It’s incredibly lightweight, weighing in at just 10 ½ pounds. There is a built-in patented filtration system that makes it incredibly simple to dispose of dust and debris that the vacuum has sucked up. The motor couldn’t be easier to control. With the press of a button, you’ll be able to switch between a floor and carpet option as well as a deep cleaning carpet option. The deep cleaning feature or activate a sonic bar that can help clean heavily soiled areas.
- Incredibly lightweight
- Easy to change motor modes
- Advanced jam protection
- Adjustable vent system
- Sonic cleaning technology
12. Kenmore Elite 31150 Bagged Upright Beltless Vacuum
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dust and more with this multifloor, multi-surface...
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander,...
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM-AAFA CERTIFIED: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris,...
This Kenmore Elite vacuum cleaner has a ton of amazing capabilities. It is a bag upright vacuum cleaner that can easily get rid of pet hair, dirt, dust, and more. It can be used on multiple different types of services and has an extra-wide sweeper path. The pet tool has an air-driven turbine that spins a roller brush making it incredibly easy to remove pet hair, dander, and all other pet-related debris.
There is a triple HEPA filter system that traps air pollutants and helps to reduce allergies and improve the air quality in your home. There is a 3-D inducer motor that combines the power of three separate motors to give you the best suction possible. This vacuum comes with several attachments, a flexible hose, a 10-foot wand, a dusting brush, a crevice tool, and a bare floor tool for wood floors.
This 20-pound bed vacuum has a manual dial that has four different height adjustments. The power cord is 35 feet long which is perfect for large rooms. It has also been certified as asthma and allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- Extra-long power cord
- 10-foot extendable wand
- Approved by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation
- Designed for pet owners
- 3-in-1 motor
13. Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are...
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep...
If I were to ask you to name a high-quality vacuum brand, chances are you’d say, Dyson. This is easily one of the best cordless vacuum cleaners for carpet. It has double the suction of any cord-free vacuum on the market. The unique high torque cleaner head helps a vacuum to adapt to different surface types automatically.
It also has an LCD screen display that will show you a countdown timer of how long the battery life has left before needing to be recharged. The screen will also tell you if any machine performance issues need to be addressed. It has a whole machine filtration system that captures 99.97% of microscopic dust particles.
It takes just 4 ½ hours to fully charge the vacuum if it’s the battery is entirely dead. This vacuum uses 14 cyclones to create enough force that can easily suck up small and large particles into the dust bin. It’s incredibly small and compact, making it easy to store, especially since it weighs less than seven pounds. With this vacuum, you’ll get a torque drive head, a crevice tool, a stubborn dirt brush, a mini motorized tool, a soft dusting brush, a wand storage clip, a docking station, a combination tool, and a charger.
- Designed by a prestigious brand
- The vacuum is incredibly compact and lightweight
- Has a built-in LCD screen
- Easy to clean dust bin
- Long battery life
- Quick charge time
14. KingSo Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Upright Handheld Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- ✔ 2-in-1 CORDLESS VACUUM: comes with 3 different brushes, you can quickly transform it into a...
- ✔ POWERFUL SUCTION: professional cyclonic suction can reach 9000PA, providing a deep,...
- ✔ 2 POWER MODE---Standard mode for pet hair, debris and dust; Max mode for the cleaning of...
If you’re wanting the design of a Dyson for a fraction of the cost, consider this KingSo vacuum cleaner. This is another futuristic looking cordless vacuum. It comes with three different brushes that allow you to easily clean multiple different surface types including floors, rugs, cars, and even computers. It has incredible suction power that’s actually comparable to the Dyson model above.
It has two different power modes, standard and max mode. There is also an LED light at the bottom to help you easily clean dark places like under the sofa or bed. Thanks to the lithium battery, it takes just four to five hours for this vacuum to charge. When fully charged in standard mode it will last for 45 minutes and then max mode 25 minutes.
The filter is made out of washable cotton that saves you from having to re-purchase vacuum bags. The dust bin is incredibly easy to clean as well. This can be used as an upright vacuum or a handheld vacuum when needed.
- Dyson-like technology
- Fairly inexpensive
- 2-in-1 product
- Powered by a lithium battery
- LED lights on the bottom
15. Ovente Electric Vacuum, 3-Stage Filtration with Hepa Filter
- POWERFUL & ENERGY-SAVING – The Ovente Canister Vacuum is equipped with 1400-watt variable...
- ADVANCED THREE-STAGE FILTRATION – Say goodbye to allergies! Its HEPA filtration system...
- EFFICIENT & EASY-TO-USE – Features a 1.5M crush-proof hose that controls airflow a telescopic...
Lastly, the Ovente Electric Vacuum is relatively quiet and easy to use the machine. All of the tubes come apart and can be dismantled so you can shorten the length of the tube as well as easily clean it. Even though this vacuum is small, it packs quite a punch when it comes to suction power. It has an ergonomic handle that prevents strain and fatigue on your body.
It works best at picking up pet hair, dust, and dirt. The included attachments make it easy to clean multiple different types of service It works best at picking up pet hair, dust, and dirt. The included attachments make it incredibly easy to clean multiple types of surfaces. It has a retractable cord that saves you time. It’s lightweight and portable and doubles perfectly as a car vacuum cleaner.
The two large wheels on the back of the vacuum make it easy to push it forward and backward. It has a reusable bag that’s easy to remove and clean when needed. Even though it’s inexpensive, this is a solid vacuum cleaner.
- Long extendable tube
- Has a powerful motor
- Small and compact design
- Doesn’t get caught on high carpet
- Comfortable built-in handle
Buying Guide: What to Look When Choose Vacuums for Carpet & Hardwood Floor
Even with in-depth reviews of the best vacuum cleaners for carpet, you may need a little bit more information to help you decide between one product and another. Below you’ll find some of the more important factors to take into consideration. Let’s take a look.
Cord vs. Cordless
One of the first things you need to consider when buying one of the best vacuums for carpet is whether or not you’ll need a corded or cordless vacuum. They are benefits to both and most of the time whichever one you decide is more of a preference than a necessity. If you’re opting for a corded vacuum, you want to make sure it has a decently long cord. As you’ve read above some chords are 10 feet long while others are 35 feet. If you have larger rooms opt for a longer cord.
On the other hand, if you’d like a cordless vacuum you’ll need to consider battery life. Vacuums with lithium batteries will have longer battery life and quick charge time. With that being said, you’ll also need to look at the charge time. Some cordless vacuums can fully charge in just a few hours, while others take longer. This is something that you’ll need to compare one model to the next as it can vary quite a bit.
Bag vs. Dust Bin
Another thing you’ll want to compare is whether or not you’d like a bag or bagless vacuum. There are more benefits to using a bagless vacuum then there are to using a bagged one. Overall they are better for the environment, easy to clean, and you’ll end up saving money since he won’t have to buy bags. Most of the time when a vacuum is bagless, it will also have a reusable and washable filter, which will save you even more money.
Any dirt or debris is collected and a dust bin receptacle and can easily be dumped into a trash bin. You can then take warm water and a little bit of soap to clean the dust bin. After it dries it’s ready to be put back into the vacuum cleaner.
Price plays a part in just about everything we buy. As you can tell above, is the best vacuum cleaners for carpet come in quite the price range. There are high-quality vacuums available for less than $50, as well as high-quality vacuums that can cost you over $500. Price plays a part in just about everything we buy. As you can tell above, is the best vacuum cleaners for carpet come in quite the price range.
There are high-quality vacuums available for less than $50 as well as high-quality vacuums that can cost you over $500. One of the main things that can change the price of a vacuum cleaner is the brand. You’ll find that Dyson vacuums are among the most expensive, while eureka are some of the most cost-friendly.
You’ll also want to consider the size of the vacuum. Do you live in a small studio apartment without much space for storage? If so you might want to up for a stick vacuum cleaner. These are often incredibly compact and lightweight, making it perfect if you don’t have a lot of room to spare.
When it comes to size, another thing you need to consider is the weight of the machine. The majority of the best vacuum cleaners for carpet are relatively lightweight. This makes them easier to maneuver and use, no matter your cleaning experience.
Accessories and Attachments
Lastly, you’ll want to take a look at what attachments and accessories the vacuum comes with. Do you need a crevice tool to get into the tough spots of your furniture? Maybe you need an upholstery tool to help clean your curtains. Whatever the case may be, make sure that the vacuum you choose has the accessories and attachments you need to keep your home clean.
How To Use of a Carpets Vacuum Cleaner
How exactly you use a vacuum to clean the carpet can vary from vacuum to vacuum, so let’s talk a little bit about general vacuum cleaning procedures.
One of the first things you want to do is put down a carpet cleaning powder that is safe for pets and children. These powders help to illuminate odors and can help you achieve a deeper clean. You also want to make sure there is nothing on the carpet or rug that you don’t want to be vacuumed up. This can be things like coins, batteries, or bobby pins.
k always start vacuuming your carpet with a new bag or an empty receptacle. Before turning the machine on, you want to check the vacuum height. Be sure it’s in the correct setting to protect your carpet as well as the vacuum itself. Just like you would on any other surface, turn the vacuum on and begin to push the vacuum forward and backward over the desired area.
make sure you go rather slowly so that the vacuum can better pick up dirt.
Don’t be afraid to use attachments if your vacuum comes with one. These can help you get into hard to reach corners, under the edges of furniture, as well as in cracks and crevices that you can’t reach with the body of the vacuum.
Now that you know how to use a vacuum on the carpet, let’s talk a bit about how to take care of the vacuum after it’s been used.
How To Take Care of Your Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to maintaining and taking care of your vacuum cleaner, many people don’t do much besides emptying out the chamber. The truth is, there’s a lot more to it than just simply dumping out what the vacuum has sucked up. While it is important to empty the vacuum or replace the bag if your vacuum takes bags, you also want to make sure the bag is properly attached. Since attaching a bag can differ from model to model, you need to make sure that the opening of the bag is tightly on the nozzle and clipped into place.
If you have a bagless vacuum, make sure you empty it often, not just when it’s full. On a lot of bagless vacuums, there is a marker that indicates when it needs to be emptied. You don’t want to let dirt and debris sit for a prolonged period of time, which is why it’s important to empty the receptacle after every use. If you want to go the extra mile, consider rinsing out the receptacle with water and soap after each use as well.
Be sure to clean the brush roll regularly and check the belts that helps to keep the roll in place. If you find that the belt isn’t tight against the role, it’s time to replace it. Also, make sure filters and hoses stay clean on a regular basis.
FAQ’s : Frequently Ask Question About Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
What is the best vacuum for thick carpet?
Out of the vacuums reviewed above, I think the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel wins the spot for the best vacuum for thick carpet. It has a wind tunnel technology built-in that makes it incredibly easy to suction and lift up dirt and debris no matter how thick the carpet. It also has five different height adjustments so you’ll be able to use it on wood floors and shorter carpets as well. Lastly, it’s incredibly budget-friendly, making it a perfect choice for just about anyone.
Does vacuuming ruin carpet?
If you’re asking in general if vacuuming ruins your carpet, the answer is no. But is it possible to vacuum your carpet too much to the point where it ruins your carpet? You may not necessarily ruin it, but over vacuuming, carpet can lead to negative outcomes. To avoid this from happening, make sure you’re vacuuming in the correct setting. You don’t want to be using a bare floor or wood setting when you’re vacuuming the carpet or a rug. Another thing to pay attention to is the beater bar. This mechanism can cause damage to your carpet if it’s overused.
Why you should vacuum your carpet?
Not many people enjoy the chore that is vacuuming, but it needs to be done. There are several reasons why you should be vacuuming your carpet. For starters, it will increase the lifespan of your carpet. If you don’t vacuum your carpet, it can quickly get stained, worn down, and will need to be replaced sooner than if you had vacuumed it regularly. It will also help your home to be and appear cleaner. Another important reason why you want to vacuum your carpet is to keep you and your loved ones as healthy as possible. Not vacuuming can lead to respiratory issues and immune system problems.
How many times should I vacuum my carpet?
According to experts, you should be vacuuming all of your carpet and rugs at least twice a week. They also suggest that you make them more often in high traffic areas such as bedrooms and hallways. If you have pets are small children, it is suggested to vacuum daily, as that helps to remove dirt, dander, hair, and possibilities of mold or mites. If you have an incredibly busy schedule, consider getting a robot vacuum to get the job done when you can’t.
What happens if you never vacuum your carpet?
If you have carpets or rugs that you don’t vacuum regularly, this can cause quite an issue. For starters, it can create a buildup of bacteria. This buildup can be unsafe for you and your pets. The build-up can also create an unpleasant smell. Mold can also spread around your home if you don’t ever vacuum your carpets. Mold can cause skin issues, respiratory problems and can compromise your immune system. Not only will your carpet look stained and worn out, but there is also even the possibility of bringing in bedbugs. The vacuuming isn’t the most pleasant task, it can be important for not only your home but also your health.
As you’ve seen above, there are a variety of different styles and sized vacuum cleaners available. Do you have the option of choosing from a canister vacuum, the upright vacuum, cordless vacuum, or even a robot vacuum? Think about if you need the product to clean more than one surface type before making a purchase.
Hopefully, one of the best vacuums for the carpet that I reviewed above helps you find one that will work for you. Keep in mind, you may need to choose a vacuum that has an adjustable carpet height setting and one that’s relatively easy to clean.