You are searching for the best infrared thermometer but are bombarded with cheap imitation knock-offs, useless toys, and products from shady brands that will be broken in a matter of days – if not sooner. It is better to avoid the stress and pain associated with high-risk choices and trust reliable infrared temperature gun reviews before you spend your money.
That’s where we come in, to point you in the right direction with our trusted recommendations.
Top 5 Best Infrared Thermometer: Editor’s Pick
How to Use an Infrared Thermometer
Now that you have bought your infrared thermometer from their thermometer supplier you might want to get going with checking whatever temperatures you want. But before you jump ahead and do that, take some time to learn or refresh your memory on how to use the infrared thermometer.
The first thing to note about infrared thermometers is that they do not measure the internal temperature. They are only effective in measuring external surface temperatures. They work quite quickly in providing a temperature reading that you can use confidently.
From an industry point of view, infrared thermometers are easy to use and apply in a variety of industries including labs, food service, HVAC, manufacturing, and asphalt & concrete.
For objects that are moving, or are located in areas that are too dangerous or difficult to access, the infrared thermometer is the most effective temperature reader. Check out the best indoor outdoor thermometer review and forehead thermometer review.
To operate your infrared thermometer, follow these steps:
- If your model has one, turn on the power button (other brands allow users to press the trigger).
- Point the laser of your IR temperature gun to where you want to measure. Go as close as you can safely to get the best temperature reading.
- Depress the trigger (or pull it) to see what the temperature reading is. Use the digital display on the IR temperature gun to view this.
- Avoid pointing your laser at surfaces that are magnetic or on surfaces that are very shiny or reflective. Your temperature readings will be inaccurate.
- Avoid pointing the laser at glass or smoke as the temperature you will get is that of the smoke or glass – not the object outside that you actually intended to measure.
- Also, do not use the infrared thermometer to check the temperature of items that are too close to other items or areas that are extremely hot or cold. The temperature readings will not match the object you are actually interested in measuring.
Once you use the infrared thermometer correctly you will get the best results from it. So, they are best used to measure the external temperature and not the internal temperatures of foods and other sites. You will need to make changes to the settings of your infrared thermometer depending on the object you are trying to measure.
The accuracy of your temperature reading may be affected by dust, smoke, fog, frost, moisture, and other air particles. Sudden changes in the ambient temperature will also affect the accuracy of your temperature readings.
Not only can your temperature readings be disrupted by changes in ambient temperatures, but it can also be distorted by electromagnetic fields or radio frequencies that are 3 volts per meter or higher. Quite importantly, infrared thermometers cannot measure the temperature of objects or surfaces through glass, liquids, or other surfaces that are transparent.
The temperature readings you will obtain would be actually for the glass and transparent surfaces rather than for the object you intended to measure.
You can get more information from the suppliers as well as reliable IR thermometer gun reviews so take the time to check them out as well.
Check out the ten best IR thermometer choices that are sure to fit the bill for you or whomever you are buying an infrared thermometer for as a gift. We have taken the trouble out of the search so you won’t have to go through that. Are you ready to see what’s hot right now?
15 Best Infrared Thermometer Review:
1. Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- NOT FOR HUMAN: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature...
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, lasergrip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances...
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 1022℉/-50℃ to 550℃,...
To get accurate temperature readings quickly, rely on the Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun. This is easily the best laser temperature gun you will find available online or off. With this tool, you can practically test both indoor and outdoor temperatures of most materials around the home or your workplace.
Stay from a safe distance to capture accurate temperature readings. Your temperature measurement range is an acceptable -58°F (-50°C) to 1022°F (550°C) and you don’t need to touch any surface whatsoever.
The infrared temperature scanner also allows you to check temperatures in a wide range of materials, from oven temperatures to internal electronic parts. The possibilities are limitless with this user-friendly IR thermometer that you can use to test temperatures that are way past the boiling points.
With its backlit display, you can easily read the temperature results which you can also record as the display stays on for at least 15 seconds. This IR thermometer is quite easy to use – it turns on with a squeeze of the trigger. Temperature readings are either Fahrenheit or Celsius and a laser that you can turn on, allows you to better aim at the target you are measuring.
- Versatile Infrared Technology that is handy in the kitchen, at the barbeque pit, around your vehicle, in your home, and many other tasks;
- Temperature range from -58℉ to 1022℉ (-50℃ to 550℃);
- Very accurate owing to its distance to spot ratio of 12: 1 so you get accurate measurements from farther distances than other infrared thermometers;
- The built-in laser allows you to better target with precision to exactly where you want to measure;
- Backlit LCD screen to allow for easier reading of the temperature;
- Shuts off automatically so that your battery lasts longer. It also has a low battery indicator to prevent you running out of power.
2. Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from these devices are inanimate objects. The measured...
- BETTER ACCURACY: 12:1 D:S, meaning it can accurately measure targets at greater distances...
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 716℉(-50℃ to 380℃),...
Here’s another premium product from Etekcity, the 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun, which is also good for both indoor and outdoor use. Expect clear accuracy even at a distance from this practical thermometer.
It is said that the Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Thermometer guns were used at major airports and security offices during the outbreak of Ebola in 2014! That is a lot of confidence placed in an instrument that is among the top ir thermometer equipment that can literally save lives. Expect supreme accuracy with the help of the laser light that guides you exactly where you want to measure even from a far distance.
The infrared lens also provides temperature readings and you don’t need to be close to the object being measured. This is a great feature during dangerous or hazardous situations.
So, it is not impossible for you to use the Etekcity 774 IR thermometer to measure moving objects, sizzling cooking surfaces, chilly wine coolers, and melting hot asphalt. So, even if you are not a professional who needs to use an IR thermometer for the job, you can find pleasure in using this handy tool around the home to measure the temperature of anything from an airconditioning unit to your hotdogs on the grill.
- Accurately takes temperatures from a range of materials;
- Can measure temperatures at a distance to spot ratio of 12:1;
- Laser light allows better targeting of objects, there is no guessing involved in choosing your spot;
- Temperature measurement range is from -58℉ to 716℉ (-50℃ to 380℃);
- Backlit screen allows for easier reading of temperatures;
- Battery life can be extended with the auto shut off feature;
- This IR thermometer has been approved by the FCC, FDA, ROHS, and CE.
3. Amprobe IR-730 Infrared Thermometer
- Measure temperatures quickly and accurately without having to touch the object using the laser...
- Typical uses include cooking and food preparation, outdoor grilling, automotive diagnostics,...
- Take your temperature easily within seconds. Safe for all ages!
You may also prefer the Amprobe IE-730 Infrared Thermometer which provides precise temperature readings quickly. You might find this choice among the best laser temperature gun supplies on the market.
This product is from a range of high-performing tools also used in diagnostic applications. This IR thermometer is best for use at home, maintenance of industrial equipment, electrical parts, and automotive, leak detection, fire prevention, and hobbies. Every Amprobe tool goes through a grueling test to make sure it is compliant with the most recent CE and IEC safety regulations.
Not only is the backlit LCD display (dual display) allow for a continuous show of the existing temperature compared with either the highest or the lowest temperature, it also measures the energy that has been emitted, transmitted, and reflected. The unit is lightweight and quite easy to use which is perfect even for the absolute beginner!
- Quickly measures temperature and provides accurate results without the need to touch the object. Readings adjust four times per second;
- Can be used when preparing food, grilling outdoors, diagnosing your vehicle, servicing the HVAC, and carrying out electrical troubleshooting and other maintenance tasks;
- Temperature measurement range of -26°F to 2282°F (-32°C to 1250°C);
- Emissivity can be adjusted from 0.10 to 1.00.
4. Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer
- Note: This product is for industrial use only. It is not for human use
- Infrared thermometer for non-contact surface temperature measurement for use in monitoring...
- Measures temperature from 30 to 500 degrees C (-22 to 932 degrees F) with an accuracy of or 1.5...
Even if you have not heard of the Fluke line of IR thermometers before, you may agree that though these units are small, they are strong and tough. This versatile tool is used by expert as well as amateur users to measure the temperatures of motors, panels, pumps, transformers, compressors, breakers, ducts, valves, vents, steam lines, and other tough to reach areas.
No wonder the Fluke 62 Max IR Thermometer is listed among the top-rated ir thermometer options available both online and offline. You can trust this little thermometer for its precision and durability. You can get the job done with its reasonably wide temperature measuring range and adjustable emissivity. It is so easy to set up and use the Fluke 62 Max IR Thermometer and you can get started as soon as you receive your delivery.
The cushioned grip allows you to hold the tool without the fear of letting it slip. In addition, you are able to record the temperature in either Fahrenheit or Celsius and the backlit feature allows you to read the temperature readout in limited light.
- Temperature measurement range from -30º to over 500º Celsius (-20º to over 932º Fahrenheit);
- Accuracy of + or – 1.5º Celsius (+ or – 1.5% of reading);
- A distance to spot ratio of 10:1 along with laser lights to enhance accuracy in targeting the measurement zone;
- Presents the maximum and minimum temperatures as well as the average temperatures, and the difference between max and min temperatures;
- IP54 certified against splashing liquid and dust;
- Durable and can withstand falls of up to 3 meters;
- Easy to clip on tool belt or loop because it is lightweight and small.
5. Temperature Gun ennoLogic Dual Laser Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- NOT for BODY TEMPERATURE! This thermometer does NOT estimate body temperature from skin temp...
- IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH THE PERFECT PIZZA: Adjustable emissivity gives you the needed...
- OUR CUSTOMERS RAVE ABOUT THE 1000’S OF DOLLARS THEY SAVE ON HOME AND CAR REPAIRS with our...
You won’t have any trouble taking accurate temperatures with the ennoLogic Dual Laser Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer. Regarded as one of the best laser temperature guns for the home and office, the ennoLogic Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer is what could solve your temperature monitoring problem. In quick time, within seconds, you can have the temperature of your oven, grill, car engine, air conditioning unit, and anything you wish to measure.
This you can do from a safe distance as allowed by the DS Ratio of 10:1. This instrument comes loaded with features you will find quite useful like the temperature measurement range of -58°F to 1202°F (-50°C to 650°C) and accuracy of ± 1°C/2°F or ± 2°C/3.5°F. You can also switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature readings. This thermometer is, however, not meant to be used to get body temperature for medical purposes.
Anything else like metalworking, beer, and wine brewing, and other uses are great opportunities to use your ennoLogic infrared thermometer. You will also love the attractive and ergonomic design of this infrared thermometer that is also ruggedly durable.
- Accurate readings you can rely on for a long time to come;
- Get perfect cooking and baking results with the adjustable emissivity that allows you to test the temperature of your grills and ovens;
- A reliable tool to safety test hot food, water baths, baby food that is reheated, and oil used in frying;
- Features scan and hold, high and low-temperature alarms, maximum, minimum and average temperature displays;
- Designed with dual lasers and emissivity that can be adjusted to enable greater accuracy – even features a hands-free mode!
- Big display and bright backlight to make reading temperature results easier under any lighting conditions;
- EnnoLogic is compliant with FCC and FDA regulations;
- Covered by a 10-year warranty.
6. HDE Temperature Gun Infrared Thermometer
No products found.
Taking accurate temperatures anywhere in the house is easier with the HDE Temperature Gun Infrared Thermometer. Not only is this the top ir thermometer to use around the house, but it can also be taken seriously as a tool on the job.
The best part is that you can easily work between Fahrenheit and Celsius values with a simple button push. The price is also a steal if you are concerned about cost. If not, you are still getting value for your money when you buy this HDE infrared thermometer. It’s the distance to spot ratio of 12:1 is adequate for the purpose and it gets the job done with a temperature measurement range of up to 380 degrees Celsius.
Its rubber-coated grip makes handling this instrument very easy to do. The trigger is a little loud (a sharp click). The LCD display is, however, easy to read and is backlit for low light conditions.
- This infrared thermometer features a distance to spot ratio of 12:1 to make accurate temperature readings at far distances possible;
- Features an LCD screen that is backlit, an automatic shut off function, and an indicator light for low battery;
- Provides temperature readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Is accurate to within +/- 2 degrees.
No products found.
7. Mastercool (52224-A-SP) Gray Infrared Thermometer with Laser
- EXPANDED TEMPERATURE RANGE of -58 to 932˚F (-50 to 500˚C) provides accurate measurement...
- 12: 1 FIELD OF VIEW allows for the accurate measurement of targets at greater distances
- BACKLIT COLOR LCD displays surface temperature, maximum temperature, battery life, and unit of...
You might also love the Mastercool 52224-A-SP Infrared Thermometer for its easy grip and an easy-to-read display. You might even agree that the Mastercool brand is among the suppliers of the best laser thermometer you can trust.
Using this thermometer in the kitchen – to check your oven and baking stuff can be a much more enjoyable activity thanks to this versatile apparatus.
Expect accurate temperature readings from this tool, although of course, you cannot use it to read the temperature of shiny objects.
It can be put to the test in a variety of ways – from checking the incubation temperature of baby chicks to even checking the warmest section of your house to ferment beer!
All in all, you will have tons of fun using this handy temperature checking tool.
You will also be more productive and effective whether at home or on the job where the temperature of things is vital.
- Temperature measurement range from -58 to 932˚Fahrenheit (-50 to 500˚Celsius)
- Features a distance to spot ratio of 12: 1
- Uses an LCD display that is also backlit and in color;
- Laser light allows for more effective targeting of the area to test;
- This instrument comes with two AAA batteries, a molded plastic carrying case, and an instructional manual.
8. Nubee 8380H Non-contact Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
Another infrared thermometer you can try is the Nubee 8380H Non-contact Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun which comes with a laser sight and display. With this product, you can actually compare the current temperature with the highest temperature that was tested (You will find that information at the bottom of the screen).
For greater accuracy, the adjustable emissivity function of the Nubee thermometer gun is available to use. This is a better option than other infrared thermometers that feature fixed emissivity. No wonder the Nubee is listed among their thermometer products on the market. Not only can you take accurate temperature readings with this versatile tool, but you can also switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
So, even if your only reason to buy this infrared thermometer gun is to check the temperature of your swimming pool without having to use a dipstick thermometer, you will enjoy the benefits of owning a superior handheld IR thermometer.
- Temperature measurement range from -58 to 716 Fahrenheit or -50 to 380 Celsius;
- The accuracy is ±2% or ±2°Celsius;
- Approved by the U.S. FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS;
- Distance to Spot Ratio of 12:1;
- With the maximum temperature feature you can record the highest temperature of your test area and save the information at the bottom of your screen for future reference;
- Accurate temperature readings are also provided with the adjustable emissivity function;
- Simple to use, just point and shoot the laser at the area you want to check the temperature.
9. Digital Infrared Thermometer, Non-Contact Laser IR Temperature Gun
No products found.
For the best IR thermometer to use around the house for anything from checking the temperature in your fish tank to monitoring the heat used during cooking, trust the Digital Infrared Thermometer from your local or online suppliers. This very handy and versatile tool allows for fast temperature readings that are also accurate.
It is best used to check the temperature of matte or dark objects and may not work properly on shiny objects, as is the case with most IR thermometers anyway. Check your hot engine parts, water pipes, insulation for hot tubes, cooking surfaces, swimming pool or wine coolers with this digital infrared thermometer. Of course, to be safe, never aim the laser directly into the eye or on surfaces that are shiny or reflective.
For the best results, avoid using this infrared laser gun where there is an explosive gas, dust or steam. Never leave the thermometer on or near hot objects to prevent damage to the thermometer or to the surface area.
- Temperature measurement range of -50 degrees to 380 degrees Celsius (or -58 degrees to 716 degrees Fahrenheit);
- Accuracy is ±1.5℃ or ±1.5% of readings;
- A fixed emissivity of 0.95;
- Distance to spot ratio of 12:1;
- Comes with an optional pointer for laser targeting, also features a backlight that can be turned on and off.
- Easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature readings;
- Very reliable and versatile for use around the home and at work;
- This unit is powered by two triple-A batteries which are included;
- Power shuts off automatically after seven seconds of non-operation – this saves energy.
No products found.
10. HOLDPEAK 981C Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- ✪【HIGH ACCURACY】Temperature range: -50 ~ 550℃ (-58~1022℉) / Accuracy: ±1.5% or...
- ✪【VERSATILE DESIGN】Extremely Handy, Consistent & Versatile for Instant Temp Readings in...
- ✪【SAFTER & FASTER DESIGN】Optional Laser Target Pointer and Backlight ON/OFF, convenient...
Finally, the Holdpeak 981C Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun provides a safe way for you to measure the temperature of hard-to-reach areas. Quite simply the best laser temperature gun option available, you have the ability to take any temperature you want both outdoors and indoors.
Not only is the Holdpeak 981C an accurate infrared thermometer, it is also versatile for use anywhere from testing oven temperatures to checking the temperature of electronic parts. You will also be able to test the temperature under extreme conditions thanks to the temperature measurement range of -50° to 550° Celsius (-58° to 1022° Fahrenheit).
So, even if you had in the past wasted money on inferior IR thermometers to no avail, you can still place your bet on the Holdpeak 981C, a superior infrared thermometer that you won’t regret owning.
- Distance to spot ratio of 12:1 so you can measure the temperature from a safe distance without hurting yourself;
- Adjust the emissivity between 0.10 and 1.00;
- With this IR thermometer you can record temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit;
- It is easy to read the temperature results with the backlight display;
- You are also able to set the lower and upper limits temperature values for alarms so that you can find the abnormal temperature and address faults quickly.
11. FLIR TG165 – Spot Thermal Camera
- Item is a Class II laser product, 1mW power output. Minimum focus distance 4 inch. Focus free....
- 100,000 hours. Operating Temperature Range-(-10°C) to 45°C (14°F to 113°F). Humidity...
- Intuitive to operate with no special training required, and featuring a safe 24:1 spot size...
The Spot Thermal Camera is one of the most sophisticated infrared thermometers on the market. The quality of this thermometer is expected, giving how long the manufacturer, FLIR Inc., has been in the business. The company delivers advanced thermal imaging solutions for commercial kitchens, as well as industrial use.
Looking at the quality of the FLIR TG165 Spot Thermal Camera will make you doubt its price tag. Despite being budget-friendly, this highly rated infrared thermometer is attractive and built to handle tough tasks. Plus, if you are seeking a device to identify the hot spots in your property, the FLIR TG165 is a must-have.
The camera quality is one you would expect from a top-rated product. The device features the flagship Lepton IR Imaging engine from FLIR and has 80×60 resolutions. There is also an 8 GB memory card included in this device to let you save as many images as you want. You can also save your data and images with the push of a button.
Another top feature of this device is the quality of the battery. Usually, you would expect such a budget-infrared thermometer to have a low-quality battery. But the FLIR TG165 is entirely different. A 3.7V Lithium-ion battery powers it. The battery also charges very fast and does not discharge quickly. When used continuously, the battery can last for over 5 hours. You can also charge the battery by plugging a USB cable into an AC power outlet or straight from your computer.
- Warranty is 2-10 years
- On-handed control system
- Compact and rugged design
- Supports the setting of emissivity
- A breeze to understand and use
- Useful for HVAC troubleshooting, automobile inspection, electrical, building, and industrial uses.
12. Etekcity Lasergrip 1025D Digital Dual Laser Thermometer
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from this device are inanimate objects. The measured...
- BETTER ACCURACY : 12:1 distance to spot ratio allows you to measure temperatures ranging from...
- ADJUSTABLE EMISSIVITY AND MULTIFUNCTION: Adjust emissivity from 0.1-1.0 to improve the accuracy...
The Etekcity Lasergrip 1025D comes designed with everything you need in an infrared laser thermometer. First, it has one of the most decent temperature ranges, which is from -58°F to 1022°F (-50°C to 550°C). And you can take your readings from a safe distance and protect your hand. It comes designed with dual laser technology that makes it a breeze to view the area and surface you are measuring.
The accuracy of this device makes it a joy to own and use. It features an adjustable emissivity, allowing you to measure diverse areas and surfaces with a high degree of precision. This device can also measure temperatures in centigrade and Fahrenheit. Plus, it comes designed with automatic data and max measurement hold, together with other useful features.
This infrared laser thermometer is also handy for professionals and DIYers for electrical jobs. And whether you are troubleshooting or installing electrical wires, you can ensure your safety by using this thermometer. Switch to the NCV (Non-contact voltage mode) to check if there’s a live AC voltage to avoid casualty while working. You can also detect electrical wires buried in walls with ease.
- Top-notch accuracy
- Decent temperate ranges
- Automatic data hold the capability
- Automatic shut off to conserve battery life
- Voltage detection mode to detect live current
- Ideal for different surfaces, environments, and applications.
13. Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Thermometer
- NOT FOR HUMAN: Temperature readings from the device are inanimate objects, measured temperature...
- Better accuracy: the distance to spot ratio is 16:1, meaning the infrared thermometer 630 can...
- Adjustable emissivity: adjustable emissivity improves Measurement accuracy across different...
The Etekcity 630 is another quality infrared thermometer that can offer good value for your money. Its versatility and multi-function capacity makes it a wise choice. If you are an auto mechanic or HVAC professional, having this outstanding infrared thermometer around would make a big difference.
This thermometer is also useful for cooking, grilling, and smoking. It comes designed with a superior laser pointer, which lets you measure with great accuracy. You will also figure out the ideal measuring distance with ease to get the best reading.
The versatile design gives this device some edge over others at this price point. With superior infrared technology, rest assured that you can measure the surface temperature of a plethora of objects. You can measure temperatures below freezing points and above boiling points conveniently. The temperature reading is also between -50 to 580 centigrade.
If you want your reading to be more accurate, ensure the thermometer is at the ideal distance. Ensure the distance between the device and the object you intend to measure is at least 36 cm apart.
Again, this device also comes built with adjustability emissivity. And with that, you can be sure of accurate reading across a plethora of objects you intend to measure. The reading ranges from 0.1 – 1.0.
- LCD backlight
- Auto-off function
- Features distance to spot ratio of 16:1
- Low battery indicator to notify you when in use
- Approved by the FDA, FCC, and CE.
14. Cuisinart CSG-625 Thermometer
- Accurately reads up to 716˚f and can switch ˚c/˚f
- Lcd with backlight
- Laser targeting
This Cuisinart CSG-625 comes designed with one thing in mind. And that is to make sure that users figure out the temperatures of diverse surfaces with ease. It is also one of the infrared thermometers you can splash the cash on without regrets. It has a solid construction and comes built to last long.
The CSG-625 comes designed to handle rough tasks. Plus, you will get accurate readings regardless of the surface you are measuring. Its laser targeting is also what you would expect from a top-quality brand. And in addition to offering instant temperature readings, this non-contact thermometer also features superior backlight options. So, you can conveniently read temperatures anytime you want, night or day.
Furthermore, there is an automatic shut-off in the device to keep your battery from draining down when not in use. It is a feature designed to shut the infrared thermometer down automatically.
Again, the CSG-625 offers a wide range of temperatures. The maximum temperature reading is 716 degrees Fahrenheit. There is an option to move from degree Fahrenheit to centigrade, as you wish. And another thing that sets this thermometer apart is that even if you are far away from the transmitting unit, it still works fine. This thermometer offers accurate readings of any surface.
- Decent batteries
- Solid construction
- Backlight options for ease of use anytime
- Wider temperature range up to 716 Fahrenheit
15. Masione Temperature Gun Non-contact
- √MULTI-FUNCTION: Masione ir thermometer is extremely Handy, Consistent & Versatile for...
- √TEMPERATURE RANGE in CELSIUS and FAHRENHEIT: -50°C to +400°C /-58°F to +752°F; Accuracy:...
- √BACKLIGHT LCD SCREEN: Masione laser thermometer gun is designed with LCD screen. Auto...
The Masione is another budget non-contact infrared thermometer that gives other competitors a run for their money. It is a feature-rich and versatile thermometer that is extremely handy. You can use it to acquire instant temperature readings of various objects.
Among them are air leaks, barbeque making, refrigerator temperatures, and cooking. Auto technicians or anyone can use it for auto maintenance. It is also useful for medical purposes and a plethora of tasks.
If you consider the built quality, versatility, and features of this infrared temperature reader, you will see why it is a wise buy. Furthermore, it uses the 2 X AAA batteries, which is quite easy to get. Being approved by prominent bodies such as FDA, CE, FCC, and ROHS is also a plus.
The temperature range of the Masione is also decent. It ranges from – 58-degree centigrade to 716 degrees Fahrenheit. This thermometer also comes with an auto shut-off option that helps to conserve battery life. The thermometer is also a breeze to understand. But if you encounter any challenge, you can always visit the manual. The manual is well-detailed and easy to understand.
- Handy thermometer
- Easy controls
- Multipurpose device
- One year warranty
- Temperature ranges from -58 to +716 degree Fahrenheit
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Digital Infrared Thermometer
In selecting your infrared thermometer from the top laser temperature gun choices available here are a few things you must take into consideration:
If all you need an infrared thermometer for is to check the temperature around the house, the usual range of -58° to 1022° Fahrenheit (-50° to 550° Celsius) is sufficient. For more advanced uses a professional thermometer with a higher temperature range above 1487° Fahrenheit (800° Celsius) is most ideal.
Accuracy and speed:
The best IR thermometer products on the market are known to deliver accurate temperature readings quickly. Sometimes that makes all the difference between life and death! More advanced infrared thermometers deliver more precise readings owing to an adjustable emissivity and higher quality IR sensors.
As a quick reference, the more precise professional model of infrared thermometers provides temperature readings that are ±1% accurate, while less expensive IR thermometers are accurate to within ±2%.
Another important consideration when choosing from the best IR thermometer tools is the emissivity (or the level of reflectiveness of surfaces). The reality is that every material carries emissivity and to obtain the actual temperature of materials you would need an IR thermometer that can be tuned to the correct emissivity.
You would, therefore, need an IR thermometer that features adjustable emissivity (most professional-grade IR thermometers allow between 0.10 – 1.00 adjustments). So check the brand information carefully.
Generally, most infrared thermometers are designed with an emissivity locked at 0.95 which is OK for getting the temperatures of solid surfaces like walls, pipes, and metals. You would not be able to scan other materials like oily surfaces, glass, or liquids without adjusting the emissivity first.
DS of Distance to Spot Ratio:
This is yet another crucial consideration when choosing your IR thermometer. The circle of the measurement zone, that is the spot, is an indication of the area from which you will get the temperature reading. The further away you are from the spot, the wider the zone that will be read by the infrared thermometer.
For the majority of IR thermometers on the market, the DS ratio is around 12:1, that is a distance of twelve inches and a measurement zone (spot) of one inch. So, when you increase your distance four times, the distance will become 48 inches and the measurement spot will be 4 inches. You might find that the most accurate temperature readings are derived from a closer distance to spot ratio.
You might also be interested in how much warranty your manufacturer is offering on the IR thermometer you are about to purchase. It is easy to overlook this consideration but if you need assurance that you are purchasing the best-rated IR thermometer then the warranty is a good indication of the quality product you are getting. Of course, depending on the manufacturer, the warranty period may range from around 90 days to as long as 10 years!
With such a wide array of IR thermometer options to choose from, your final decision may very well boil down to how much money you have or are willing to spend on such instruments. If your requirement is for infrequent use around the house, the lower price range is sufficient. There is no need to spend extra if your need is for a basic infrared thermometer that has fixed emissivity, limited temperature ranges, and less accuracy.
If, however, you are looking for an IR thermometer that is purpose-built, possess more features that serve your professional or industrial needs, then by all means, invest in a higher quality IR option that will give you more bang for the buck! Don’t allow a weak budget to prevent you from choosing the top laser thermometer you should buy.
Infrared Thermometer Brand Available on The Market
Among the wide variety of infrared thermometers available on the market, you will notice a few brands that have dominated the market with quality products.
Here is a quick look at three of the best Infrared thermometer suppliers you can trust:
Etekcity Corporation is an online retailer founded in 2011 to serve customers in consumer electronics, home improvement, and outdoor equipment. This brand provides a high-level shopping experience to its clients and does so through a user-friendly website, online support, fast delivery, and top-quality products.
Etekcity operates from four locations in three countries – the USA (California), Germany, and China. This company is expected to grow and extend its services to more consumers worldwide.
Fluke Corporation is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and servicer of electronic testing tools and software. Ever since it was founded in 1948, Fluke has assisted in defining and growing a unique technology market. It provided troubleshooting and testing capabilities that have gained traction in the manufacturing and service industries.
Ranging from precision measurement and quality control to industrial electronic installation, service, and maintenance, tools from Fluke assist in keeping industry and business around the world up and running.
Clients and users typically include engineers, technicians, manufacturers of medical devices, metrologists, and IT network professionals. The Fluke brand is known for durability, safety, portability, ease of use, and strict standards of quality.
Fluke Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) and is a multi-national corporation with headquarters in Everett, Washington, USA. The USA, UK, The Netherlands, and Asia are the locations for Fluke’s manufacturing facilities while its sales and service subsidiaries can be found in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
EnnoLogic is an international brand supplying premium quality electronics with a focus on testing and measurement instruments. The company’s goal is essentially to provide high-quality and cutting-edge products in the technology niche at the cost consumers can afford.
Frequently Asked Question about Infrared Thermometer
1. What is an infrared thermometer used for cooking?
A: An infrared thermometer comes in quite handy in the kitchen and is quite a reliable tool for the professional chef. Its main purpose is to check whether food and beverage are hot or cold enough to be served, or compliant with food safety regulations.
Infrared thermometers are used for confirming the temperature of the oven; reading the freezer or refrigerator temperatures; checking beverage and food temperatures; checking the temperature of yogurt – (first boiling milk to 185oF and cooling to 115oF); measuring hot oil temperature; checking the temperature of yeast made for bread and beer that is brewed at home, and tempering spices (to prevent too much heat from destroying the natural flavors and oils from spices).
Infrared thermometers are very versatile in the kitchen but don’t try to measure the temperature of boiling water – the readings will be inaccurate as it also takes into account the cooler vapors rising from the pot.
2. How does an infrared thermometer work?
A: The infrared thermometer focuses light from the object being measured onto its detector, known also as the thermopile. As the infrared radiation is absorbed by the thermopile, it is converted into heat. So, the greater the infrared energy the hotter the thermopile gets. To operate the infrared thermometer, simply point it at the object you are measuring and press the trigger.
It should read the temperature within the circle of the area being pointed at. Note that the temperature you are getting even with the top ir thermometer is the surface temperature of the area within the circle.
3. Is the infrared thermometer accurate?
A: Yes, the infrared thermometer is accurate, most of the time. You will need to check carefully the information relating to the brand of infrared thermometer you are hoping to buy to ensure that it can be used accurately from a distance. You can get the temperature of an object within a small circle from a distance using an accurate infrared thermometer.
The surface must, however, be non-reflective (not shiny) for the best results. Otherwise, you would need to change your IR thermometer’s emissivity settings. So, in a nutshell, IR thermometers are accurate. If you are not getting accurate temperature readings it either means you are too far away from the object you are measuring, or the surface you are measuring is too reflective.
4. How does an infrared temperature sensor work?
A: Infrared temperature sensors focus infrared energy that an object generates onto photodetectors which convert the energy into electrical signals. The signals you get from the infrared energy go through the sensor by way of a window made of specialty plastic.
The infrared energy that comes from the object is actually proportional to the temperature of the object so the electrical signal is really an accurate representation of the object’s temperature.
Some advantages of the infrared temperature sensors include that they are great at reading the temperature of moving objects, they can also detect motion, and they can provide more information than traditional thermometers.
5. What type of thermometer is the most accurate?
A: The traditional mercury thermometers, the one made of glass, is quite accurate in reading temperatures from the mouth, under the armpit, and the rectum. You can rely on it whenever your child is running a temperature or is feverish. Although accurate, this thermometer may be a little hard to read.
With electronic digital thermometers, you get faster readings of the temperature and their digital display is quite readable. They are also very accurate. If you need speed in temperature readings, you can rely on their thermometer.
This type of thermometer is not always very accurate so you would need to bear that in mind whenever you are trying to find the temperature of the surface you are measuring. While, generally, infrared thermometers are not always the most accurate, those designed for measuring the temperature from the ear (infrared ear thermometers) are quite accurate, as is the infrared forehead thermometer, to a lesser extent.
Your final decision concerning the best infrared thermometer should be easy to make now that you have all the information you need. Not only do you have ten recommendations on the infrared thermometers you could choose, but you also have at your fingertips useful information on what to consider when buying an infrared thermometer, thanks to our infrared thermometer Review and buying guide.
Do you still need more information? Check the suppliers for more details on their infrared thermometer products and read other product reviews as well. Whatever you do, ensure that the thermometer you settle on is the best ir thermometer you can actually afford.