- Top 5 Best Indoor Outdoor Thermometer: Editor’s Pick
- How to Use an Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
- 15 Best Wireless Indoor Outdoor Thermometers Reviews:
- 1. La Crosse Technology WS-9160U-IT-INT Digital Thermometer
- 2. AcuRite 00611A3 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer and Humidity Sensor
- 3. Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer
- 4. ThermoPro TP65 Digital Wireless Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
- 5. AcuRite 00782A2 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
- 6. Taylor Precision Products Wireless Digital Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
- 7. AcuRite 00799 Digital Outdoor Window Thermometer
- 8. AcuRite 75077A3M Wireless Weather Station with Large Display
- 9. Swimline 9250 HydroTools Solar Powered Digital Pool and Spa Thermometer
- 10. Taylor Precision Products Patio Thermometer (18-Inch)
- 11. AcuRite 02081M Weather Station
- 12. ThermoPro TP-60S Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
- 13. La Crosse Technology S88907 Wireless Color Forecast Station
- 14. La Crosse Technology WS-9080U-IT-CBP
- 15. AcuRite 02027A1 Weather Station
- Buying Guide: Things To Look When Select Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
- Different Types of Thermometer
- Frequently Asked Questions About Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
Having an idea about the temperature within your house is good because it lets you know how to adjust your air conditioner or warmer to make you and your family comfortable. However, having an idea of the temperature outside your house is perfect because you will have excellent knowledge of how to dress when going out.
In addition, you can effectively plan your day if you know how the weather will be that day. The best indoor outdoor thermometer utilizes a sensor kept outside a home to wirelessly send climatic information to an indoor monitor. Thus, you can easily get data on current wind speed, humidity, temperature as well as many other interesting weather-related components.
Top 5 Best Indoor Outdoor Thermometer: Editor’s Pick
However, with the advent of smartphones, people keep track of temperature with weather apps. While the Smartphone is a convenient device, its temperature readings are not that accurate. The indoor-outdoor thermometer is the best device to give you accurate information about the temperature outside and inside.
There are several types of indoor-outdoor thermometers in the market today and choosing the best can be a daunting task. The aim of this indoor-outdoor thermometer reviews is to give you in-depth knowledge of the best models of indoor-outdoor thermometers available today and how you can choose when you want to buy one.
How to Use an Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
The main aim of getting an indoor outdoor thermometer is to obtain accurate outdoor and indoor temperature (and sometimes humidity) data which is then transmitted to the building through a sensor. Therefore, you don’t have to go outside to get a temperature reading.
They are ideal for everyone who intends to have excellent knowledge of the temperature before they step outside. To ensure that it works effectively, you have to first all read all the instructions that come with the unit. By so doing, you will know the dos and don’ts of the unit you have bought.
Even if you have had an indoor-outdoor thermometer before, it is always advisable to go through the manual of a new unit because their instructions might not be the same.
To allow for efficient transmission of signals, do not place the thermometer in a place that has a lot of interferences as this will limit the ability of the sensor to send signals to the indoor unit. Place the remote sensor in an area that has less trees and buildings. Furthermore, if your unit is not weatherproof, you have to install it in a place that will have less contact with weather elements.
It is also important to note that a weather-resistant unit does not mean it is water-resistant. Some models are both weather and water-resistant, while others are only weather-resistant. Check the manual to make sure which one yours is resistant to so you don’t mix it up. Read best infrared thermometer review.
If your unit is not water-resistant, follow the instruction on how to place the remote sensor outside to avoid water penetrating inside the unit as this will render it useless over time. Also, it may be giving you the wrong temperature readings.
Ensure that the distance between the remote sensor and the display unit is within the range recommended by the manufacturer, if not, you will not get adequate readings. Also, if you live in areas that have extremely cold temperatures, it is advisable to use lithium batteries, rather than conventional alkaline batteries.
15 Best Wireless Indoor Outdoor Thermometers Reviews:
1. La Crosse Technology WS-9160U-IT-INT Digital Thermometer
- Digital thermometer with wireless remote and clock.Display: 3.31" L x 0.89" W x 5.87" H,Sensor:...
- Remote sensor transmits from up to 330 feet; records daily high and low temperatures
- Receives weather data from up to 3 sensors (other remotes sold separately)
Even though The La Crosse Technology Digital Thermometer is smaller compared to others on this list, it still possesses sufficient power and size to be one of the top indoor outdoor thermometers you can find anywhere. This is because it displays extra-large digits, which makes it easier for you to view. It comes with a wireless remote and a clock, allowing you to effectively control the device even from some distance away. Furthermore, it is equipped with three sensors that can be utilized simultaneously to obtain information for you.
With the ability to obtain weather data within a distance of 330 feet (without any obstruction), you don’t have to worry about where to keep the sensor and the device for better reception. However, to get the best readings, it is advisable that you avoid obstructions like glass, metal, trees or concrete as this may reduce signal range. Also, it gives you an update every 4 seconds, meaning that you will not miss even the slightest change in weather conditions outside and inside. It is recommended that you place the outdoor sensor facing the North, well protected from precipitation. To ensure that water drains from the casing, place the sensor vertically; even though the transmitting sensor is weatherproof, it is not water-resistant.
Furthermore, the information is displayed in such a way that you don’t confuse any of the parameters: the two temperature displays are properly designated to allow you to differentiate which one is indoor and which is outdoor. For the clock display, you can choose 12 or 24-hour clock, while the temperature has either Fahrenheit or Celsius display.
The La Crosse thermometer uses AA batteries, making it simple to use and change whenever you choose to. However, it is better to use Lithium batteries rather than alkaline batteries, especially if you are living in very cold areas. Another unique feature fo this thermometer is that it can be tilted up, thereby making it easier for you to read the displayed information from afar.
- Large display of time and temperature: 3.31″ L x 0.89″ W x 5.87″ H
- Outdoor temperature range: -39.8 F to +139.8 F (-39.9 C to 59.9 C)
- Provides updates every 4 seconds
- Displays temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Can receive information from at least 330 feet
- In Temp Range: 14.2 F to 139.8 F (-9.9 C to 59.9 C)
- Records high and low temperatures daily
2. AcuRite 00611A3 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer and Humidity Sensor
- Digital thermometer | Monitor indoor & outdoor temperature, directly from the room thermometer
- Hygrometer | Humidity gauge allows you to track comfort levels inside & outside your home
- Wireless | Humidity and Temperature Sensor is weather resistant and can be placed indoor or...
This excellent outdoor indoor thermometer is made by the World-renowned brand- AcuRite. As a matter of fact, it is one of the best weather thermometers. Its standout feature is its humidity sensor, which delivers accurate humidity percentages for you. This allows you to prevent allergies that result from the growth of viruses, fungi, mold, bacteria and mites. The AcuRite 00611A3 comes with an outdoor remote sensor that is made with the highest quality wireless technology. It is also weather-proof, meaning that you do not need to worry about its climatic elements spoiling it.
Furthermore, its display is rather large, making it easy to read and providing the information you need devoid of toggling. Its temperature arrow will inform you when the weather is becoming colder or hotter by pointing downward or upward, allowing you to keep in touch with weather trends. Also, it can receive weather data from a distance of 165 feet, a fair distance for a budget thermometer. Also, it gives you an update every 30 seconds, meaning that you will not miss any changes in weather conditions outside and inside.
It is a flexible gadget, allowing you to pick either Fahrenheit or Celsius readings. This AcuRite is among the best wireless thermometer available today and you will love the smart design and solid construction. Also, it is produced from top quality materials, which means that you are sure of getting temperature and humidity updates for years to come. Even though the thermometer is large, its construction is lightweight, making it easy to travel with it anywhere you are going to. Furthermore, it is designed in such a way that it can either be placed on a tabletop or hanged on the wall.
- Deliver humidity readings
- Arrow shows when temperature goes up or down
- Updates every 30 seconds
- Sturdy construction
- Weather resistant
- Display is large and clear
3. Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer
- Simple to read, simple to use, and affordable, the WS-10 includes an indoor thermo-hygrometer...
- The display console can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermo-hygrometer sensors...
- The console includes audible and visual alarms when temperature and humidity exceed your...
The Ambient Weather WS-10 is a simple, cool, and simple to use a thermometer, which delivers accurate temperature and humidity data. One feature that makes it one of the best rated indoor-outdoor thermometers is its console which possesses indoor thermo-hygrometer sensors. It also has 3 different remote sensors to measure temperature and humidity outdoors. However, the beauty of this unit is that all the readings from these three remote sensors can be displayed simultaneously.
Also, it comes with audible and visual notifications that will alert you whenever the indoor or outdoor temperature and humidity is more than the highest and lowest limits you set for the unit. Hence, it will tell you when the temperature or humidity outside or inside is more than what you set as comfortable limits; this allows you to adjust the air conditioner accordingly or alter your dressings for the office. Another excellent feature of the WS-10 is that you can connect its console remotely to at least 8 remote sensors at a time. Thus, you can monitor the temperature and humidity of eight different rooms or locations within and outside your house with just one unit! Also, when it is in a scroll mode, you can see the indoor temperature and humidity in 4 to 8 channels without touching any button.
Furthermore, it updates the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity after every 60 seconds; this means that you will not miss even the slightest change in temperature and humidity all day long. With the ability to obtain weather data within a distance of 300 feet (without any obstruction), you don’t have to worry about where to keep the sensor and the device for better reception. However, to get the best readings, it is advisable that you avoid obstructions like glass, metal, trees, or concrete as this may reduce signal range. As a matter of fact, the WS-10 is among the most versatile indoor outdoor thermometer available in the competition.
- You can choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- The large display on the monitor (75 x 3.50 inch)
- Provides updates every 60 seconds
- Can receive information from at least 300 feet
- Records high and low temperatures and humidity daily
- Displays readings from three remote sensors at the same time
- Monitors temperature and humidity in up to eight locations
4. ThermoPro TP65 Digital Wireless Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
- Large backlit touchscreen: 4 inches large lcd display features a backlit touchscreen, making...
- Wireless temperature and humidity monitor: Measures indoor/outdoor temperatures and humidity...
- Max and min records: All time/24 hours max and min temperature and humidity percentages...
If you want to purchase one of the best outdoor wireless thermometers that have fewer complicated components and at an affordable price, the ThermoPro TP 65 is for you. Apart from its straightforward design, you will appreciate its large and bold display as well as accurate temperature and humidity readings which allow you to read data from far distances. This enables you to make appropriate adjustments to your dressing when going outside and within the home. Its display also has a top-quality user-friendly backlight in case you want to check the temperature and humidity readings at night. For convenience, the backlight goes off after 15 seconds.
With its sleek touch screen, you no longer have to remove the unit from the wall before you can switch its settings. Also, it’s all day high/low record of temperature and humidity means you will never miss information about the current conditions in your home and outside. Unlike other similar units which do not display battery level, the ThermoPro TP65 has a battery indicator that tells you when the battery is low. Furthermore, this thermometer can receive temperature and humidity data from at least 3 remote sensors simultaneously. Depending on the type of interference, this unit has a transmission range of approximately 200 feet and transmission frequency of 433MHz.
To get the best temperature readings, do not hang the remote sensor under direct sunlight. If not, the sensor will get heated up, resulting in higher temperature data than what it should be. This will mislead you into thinking that the weather is hot outside when in fact it’s normal. Also, prevent rain from getting inside the sensor by placing it upside down. It is also recommended that if you are living in very cold areas, use nickel cadmium or lithium batteries instead of alkaline ones.
- Large screen with big display of digits
- Blue backlight which goes off after 15 seconds
- Outdoor Temperature range: -58°F ~ 158°F (-50 °C ~ 70 °C)
- Has arrows which shows temperature and humidity trends
- It has a touch screen
- Receives signals from 3 remote sensors
- Humidity range: 10% ~ 99%
- Transmission range of 200 feet
- Indoor Temperature range: -4 °F ~ 158°F (-20 °C ~ 70 °C)
5. AcuRite 00782A2 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
- Displays indoor and outdoor temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius) and humidity
- Totally wireless tabletop and Wall-mountable design for easy set-up and placement in any...
- Manually toggle between readings or enable auto-cycle mode to automatically toggle between...
If you want to go out with confidence, knowing that you already know how the outdoor temperature will be, then go for the AcuRite 00782A2 thermometer. It is one of the best wifi thermometers with a remote temperature monitor. For all its accuracy and sleek but sturdy design, it comes at a very cheap price. As a matter of fact, it is one of the cheapest indoor-outdoor thermometers available on the market today. Its only downside is that it displays temperature in Fahrenheit only; however, for its price, it is very handy. The wireless sensor makes it possible for the unit to be kept indoors to check for updates or monitor the temperature of different rooms within the house.
This unit is fitted with a precision thermistor sensor to read temperatures outside up to as low as -40 degrees Celsius. Furthermore, to ensure that it keeps you abreast of temperature changes within and outside the house frequently, it provides updates every 60 seconds. Also, depending on the interference, it can receive signals from at least 100 feet. You can place it on different surfaces: either on a tabletop, thanks to its fold-out stand, or mount it on a wall. Its display is easy to read because they are large.
- Robust signal penetration strength (more than 433 MHz)
- Can be placed on a tabletop or hung on a wall
- Displays indoor and outdoor temperature in Fahrenheit
- Large LCD display
6. Taylor Precision Products Wireless Digital Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
- This wireless digital weather thermometer monitors indoor/outdoor temperatures in °F or °C
- Features daily minimum and maximum temperature recall
- Large digits provide enhanced visibility and at-a-glance readings
If you are looking to buy an indoor-outdoor thermometer that will provide you accurate updates of temperature, then you should consider Taylor 1730. As one of the best wireless thermometers, you will find that you made a great choice. With its sensor which is positioned outside the house, it keeps accurate track of both indoor and outdoor temperatures. The sensor has the ability to receive a transmission from approximately 200 feet and this means that you can keep the device anywhere you want to within this range and still get good transmission.
It comes with the option of either Fahrenheit or Celsius so you can easily understand the temperature readings. Also, this indoor-outdoor thermometer has buttons that enable you to check the high and low-temperature data for your home and outside thereby enabling you to have a good knowledge of how the temperature will be throughout the day.
This unit will also ensure that you can easily read off the data it generates because the digits are quite large. If you live in a very cold region, it is recommended that you make use of lithium batteries because it can provide outdoor temperature ranging from -40 to 140F. However, lithium and alkaline batteries can be used indoors for accurate readings. For extra convenience, the unit has an in-built clock. With its fold-up stand, you can conveniently place this thermometer on a table top, especially those that do not have much space.
- Can recall daily high and low temperatures
- Its remote sensor sends transmission up to 200 feet
- It’s easy to read its large digits
- Has an in-built clock
- Comes with a fold-up stand
7. AcuRite 00799 Digital Outdoor Window Thermometer
- Digital window thermometer for outdoor temperature reading
- Weather-proof metallic mount with rubber weather seal over on/off switch
- Digital temperature displayed in 3/4-inch-high numerals
It can be tough to choose an excellent outdoor thermometer. However, worry no more, because we have found one of the best wireless outdoor thermometer for you. It has a very sturdy construction, with a metallic mount and a rubber seal that covers the on/off switch. Also, this thermometer is weather proof, meaning that you do not have to worry about climatic elements causing havoc to your precious device when you place it outside.
Furthermore, it is very easy to read its display from far away because the numbers are ¾ inch large. The only downside to this device is that it only displays the temperature readings in Fahrenheit. Also, this device is very versatile; it can be used as a window thermometer, freezer thermometer and refrigerator thermometer. This means that you can use it to store your food safely while also reducing energy consumption. All you need to do is fix its suction cup on a smooth surface anywhere on the refrigerator that will allow you see the display clearly.
- Large LCD display
- Has a suction cup that makes it easy to reposition it
- It is weather resistant
- It can display temperatures ranging from -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can be mounted on a window, refrigerator and freezer
8. AcuRite 75077A3M Wireless Weather Station with Large Display
- 12-24 Hour Forecasts with 14 Different Notification Icons
- Patented Self-Calibrating Local Forecast
- Monitor Indoor and Outdoor Conditions with Remote Sensor
This AcuRite 75077A3M Wireless Weather Station is indoor outdoor thermometer is such a master class, made with the best technology to provide you with the most accurate temperature of your surroundings. In fact, it will inform you of everything you won’t find out about the weather for the day. Furthermore, even though it displays a lot of information on its screen, the screen is wide enough to allow the display to be large for easy reading. Its screen displays both indoor and outdoor temperature (including their highs and lows), day of the week, date as well as time. The figures are as large as 8 inches wide and 6 inches tall.
Furthermore, it is designed with a slim built that allows it to stand upright on a desk and it can also be mounted on a wall if you wish. Its temperature is displayed either in Fahrenheit or Celsius, further showing its versatility. The clock and date in this device displays split-second precision and can also adjust for Daylight Saving Time. This is because the device utilizes a radio-regulated signal to synchronize its time with that of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) owned radio station. Therefore, as they update their time and date, so does the AcuRite 75077A3M.
Another feature that makes this device one of the best outdoor thermometers is that it does not base it temperature forecast on the news. Rather, its sensors are able to generate temperature data by collecting real or organic data from your surroundings. Its sensor is able to generate accurate data for your surroundings by tracking specific weather variables such as alterations in temperature, pressure and humidity. Therefore, the temperature data that you get is specific to your surroundings.
In addition to daily temperature readings, you also get high and low-temperature information. This enables you to have an idea of what the temperature will be like all day long. Amazingly, just like your local weather channel does, this device displays an image of how the weather will be like for that day; whether it is going to be sunny, cloudy or something in between. With the ability to obtain weather data within a distance of 330 feet (without any obstruction), you don’t have to worry about where to keep the sensor and the device for better reception.
- Generates temperature from your surroundings
- Displays temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Can receive information from at least 330 feet
- Records high and low temperatures daily
- Dimensions – 6.2-inch Height x 7.9-inch Width x 1-inch Depth
- Large and well-spaced display allowing for uncluttered reading
- Its atomic clock updates time with split-second accuracy and automatically updates for Daylight Saving Time
9. Swimline 9250 HydroTools Solar Powered Digital Pool and Spa Thermometer
- Solar powered Floating thermometer for pools and spa
- Easy to read Fahrenheit and Celsius LCD display
- Nylon cord included
While having knowledge of indoor and outdoor temperature is very important, it is equally important to know the temperature of your swimming pool before you take a plunge. This is because you may not enjoy your swimming if the pool temperature is excessively hot or cold. Thus you need to get one best remote temperature monitor to keep you updated on your pool temperature.
It is solar powered and floats on water. Also, its LCD display is large enough to be read with ease. The Swimline9250 also displays temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Large LCD display
- Displays both Fahrenheit and Celsius
10. Taylor Precision Products Patio Thermometer (18-Inch)
- The 18” thermometer is suited for indoor or outdoor use
- Easily monitor temperatures from a distance with bold black dial graphics
- Features a wide temperature range from -60°F to 120°F (-50°C to 50°C)
This Taylor is among the top rated indoor outdoor thermometer. Firstly, it has a classic design; designed like a wall clock. Thus, when it measures your indoor temperature, you will find it very easy to read it especially considering that the numbers are black and the pointer is red. It is the red pointer that shows the present temperature of your home. Hence, just like in a clock, you can easily read the values from a distance.
Furthermore, since this thermometer is weather resistant, you can confidently mount this thermometer inside a garage or patio knowing that no climatic element can damage it. Also, it delivers temperature readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Can measure temperature range from -60 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or -50 to 50 degrees Celsius
- Classic 18-inch circular design
- Easy to read temperature updates
- It is weather resistant
11. AcuRite 02081M Weather Station
- Optimal viewing angle is at or above eye-level Oversized color weather station with large...
- Atomic clock technology ensures split-second accuracy, and automatically updates for daylight...
- 12 to 24-hour weather forecast displays 14 different icons to help you plan the day ahead
AcuRite is a popular name in the weather station making business. The company has several quality Weather Stations to its name.
One of the best thermometers of all time is the AcuRite 02081MW. It is a weather station ideal for indoor and outdoor use. By using this device, you will not only receive weather information and relevant forecast. You will continuously receive accurate reports.
So, with this device in or around your home, rest assured that you can plan your outings and not disappoint your clients when the weather changes. And no false weather report means you will always have the chance to make the right decisions.
Furthermore, the reason for the 02081M Weather Station’s precise forecast is its patented self-calibrating technology. This technology uses an accurate sensor data that you can confidently place in your backyard or anywhere. The usefulness of this technology is to provide you with precise weather information for that specific location.
This weather station has a superior temperature sensor that you can hang or place anywhere you wish. It is also a breeze to install, unlike what you will find most weather stations at this price point. Plus, the display looks well-built and attractive. It also displays large digits so that everyone can read and understand without straining their eyes.
- Atomic clock technology
- 12-24 hours weather forecast
- Easy to read and colorful displays
- Has patented self-calibrating technology
- The wireless range is reliable and can reach 330 feet.
12. ThermoPro TP-60S Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
- Informational: Weather stations wireless indoor outdoor records all time/24 hours max and min...
- Smart design: Temperature and humidity monitor can display the readings from up to 3...
- Wide temp and humid range: Inside outside thermometer hydrometer measures indoor outdoor...
With a wireless range of 200 feet and solid construction, the ThermoPro TP-60S stands as one of the highly-rated thermometers on the market. One of the critical features of this device is that you can connect it to 3 sensors located at different places outdoor. And this means that you will be receiving weather information from multiple locations with ease.
Are you worried that you cannot access reports from these 3 different sensors? You don’t have to worry. This device is designed to make life easy for everyone. It rotates between the various readings. Plus, there is an option for you to set the device to display reports from only one sensor.
The ThermoPro also has an LCD screen display that is super easy to read. You will also receive reports on temperature and humidity, whether indoors or outdoors. And, you can have it mounted in your baby room, greenhouse, warehouse, hatchery cellar, or anywhere you.
However, the only drawback, which isn’t a deal-breaker, is the design. It should be designed to handle fog. Besides that, it is a wise choice for individuals seeking a pocket-friendly indoor outdoor thermometer that provides precise readings. It will give you 24 hours reading on humidity and temperature, including high and low reports. The display also stands upright. So, you can have it placed on the table or mounted on the wall.
- Built to last long
- Wireless range is approximately 200 feet
- Connects to 3 different sensors at once
- Can place the display on a tabletop or mount it on the wall
- Provides 24 hours report on humidity and temperature
- The display shows percentages of temperatures and humidity
13. La Crosse Technology S88907 Wireless Color Forecast Station
- Color forecast icons with pressure tendency. Adjustable backlight. Temperature alerts (in/out).
- Monitors indoor & wireless outdoor temperature (F/C) & humidity
- WWVB self setting time and date with automatic daylight saving time updates
The La Crosse S88907 is a decent weather station with tons of incredible features. First, this device helps to track and report trends for outdoor and indoor humidity, temperature, and even barometric pressures. It also has an array of irresistible animated displays, which consist of icons for diverse weather types.
The design of this wireless and colorful weather station is pretty decent. It also features a bigger-sized display and a small sensor unit. And in addition to being easy to set up, another thing you will like about this device is that it connects automatically immediately you power both units up.
You can also mount the display anywhere on the wall or a desk. It comes built with a kickstand to make sure it stays upright. The display does not only look big. It is also bright enough for anyone to see the readings and lightweight. At first, you will even feel it is a cheap device, but it is not. You can also adjust the brightness however you want.
When it comes to accuracy, the La Crosse S88907 is still a wise choice. The device is decently accurate, at least, giving its price point. It monitors highs and lows of temperature and humidity. You will even receive notifications whenever there are extreme changes so that you can plan your day properly.
- Backlit LCD
- Decent battery backup
- Well-built remote sensor
- Highly attractive display
- Wireless sensor transmission reaches 300 feet.
14. La Crosse Technology WS-9080U-IT-CBP
- Wirelessly Monitors Indoor/outdoor Temperatures & Records Min/max Temperatures With Time & Date...
- Atomic Clock Sets Time Automatically & Adjusts For Daylight Saving Time
- 12- & 24-hour Clock
La Crosse Technology is one of the heavyweights with regards to the manufacturing of weather stations. The company has been in business for quite some time and has done well. A look at the WS-9080U-IT-CBP shows just how much they have improved.
First, the La Crosse Technology WS-9080U_IT-CBP has decent signal strength. Its wireless sensor transmission can reach a range of 330 feet. The device also comes designed with a decent display and is not as complicated as other wireless thermometers at this price point.
You can even view temperature readings in Celsius and Fahrenheit. And, another thing you will find impressive about the device is how the atomic clock synchronizes with the temperature station. It does it so quick and effortless.
Having a weather-resistant sensor is also a plus to this device. With that, you can place the sensor wherever you please out door. But keep in mind that glass or metal can affect the range of the transmission.
This device also uses a radio-controlled frequency antenna that automatically resets the time. So, you don’t have to bother about resetting the clock always. It will also adjust the time for you.
- Reasonably priced
- Weather-resistant sensor
- Gets updated every 4 seconds
- Adjusts automatically for daylight saving
- Wireless sensor transmission range is 330 feet
15. AcuRite 02027A1 Weather Station
- Includes Color Weather Station Display, Temperature and Humidity Sensor, power adapter, and...
- Barometer and moon phase depiction in info center
- Wireless range for the sensor, up to 330 feet (100 meters)
AcuRite 02027A1 is a weather station that lets you plan your daily movement with some levels of confidence. It comes designed to provide accurate reports of several weather-related parameters to keep you in the know.
This device records indoor and outdoor temperature, moon phase, humidity, and barometric pressure. You will find all of them displayed on the LCD screen, including a weather trend indicator, time, and date. The display system is well-built and colorful. It will add some beauty to your property where you mount it.
The AcuRite 02027A1 also comes designed to stand upright on any platform, whether tabletop or countertop. Plus, you can also have it mounted on the wall too. It features an integrated hanger specially designed for easy mounting.
The wireless transmission also has a range of 330 feet. The Intelli-Time clock is another unique technology the device has. It adjusts automatically for daylight saving. So, you don’t have to reset this manually all the time. The device also gives you readings of daily highs and lows of the indoor and outdoor conditions so that you can make an informed decision. And again, it has a one-year warranty, an indication that the product is built to last long.
- Accurate and reliable
- Highly attractive display
- Sensor transmission range is 330 feet
Buying Guide: Things To Look When Select Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
Size of the Display
A very important thing to look out for when looking to purchase an indoor-outdoor thermometer is to check the display size thoroughly. If the display is small, then it is going to be very difficult for you to read the information on the device and you may also get the wrong information. Also, with smaller displays, it will be more difficult to adequately differentiate and understand which is for the outdoor and which is indoor. Therefore, purchasing a thermometer that has a large display will enable you to easily read the temperature display and it is also possible that with a larger screen you will get other information, such as date, time, etc.
Availability of Backlight
Certain thermometers have a backlight, which makes it a lot easier to read your device no matter the amount of lighting in the room. With a unit that comes with the backlight, you will not have to look for a torch or turn on the lights when you want to check the temperature and in the daytime, you will not worry about things like glare and sunlight. You will be able to see the information you need and understand what you are looking at better. Additionally, you can see and understand the information wherever you are- in the dark or under bright sunlight.
While certain people prefer to buy a unit that uses the battery because it can be placed anywhere in the house or office, others would rather get one that utilizes an AC adapter power source owing to the fact that it is less expensive to operate over time. However, if you are finding it difficult to pick either of them then go for a thermometer that uses both power source. Look at your needs and choose a thermometer that suits you.
Your budget is a very critical factor to consider when looking to buy an indoor-outdoor thermometer. Presently, there is a wide range of options to choose from, with all of them claiming to be the best and most innovative. That is why this indoor-outdoor thermometer reviews have revealed some of the best models on the market at different prices. However, you can also carry out your own research and will find top-quality and decked-out indoor-outdoor thermometer for excellent prices. While some thermometers on this list are higher than $30, others are lower than $30.
It is always advisable to comprehensively review every feature that the indoor-outdoor thermometer you interested in buying comes with. As have been outlined previously, each thermometer has a specific design. So before you buy unit, ensure that it has all the features that you are interested in. Some of these products will come with more bells and whistles; however, this will come at the expense of more money. Take the time to evaluate what is important and what is useful.
Where You Will Display Your Thermometer
It is always better that as you are considering the type of features you will love your indoor-outdoor thermometer to have, you should also consider where you will keep the unit when you eventually buy it. You have to consider the kind of model that will fit into the space you want to display it. Go for a simple model if you intend to keep the unit in a utility room or attic but something more sophisticated if you intend to display it in the living room. It will definitely add to the beauty of your home.
Different Types of Thermometer
When you are ready to purchase a thermometer for your home or office, you will find that that there are several options. You have to make choices regarding what exactly you are looking to buy. This why you must have an idea of the types of indoor-outdoor thermometers that are on the market, as well as its features, so you can make an informed choice.
Digital Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
Certain types of thermometers come with digital numbers on their face, which makes it simple to view all the information that you require. They come with a screen and are made in a modern style. Generally, they appear finer and well made than others when they are displayed and capture people’s attention wherever they are placed.
Analogue Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
These types of thermometers are not digital, they only possess a bar which goes up and down with every change in temperature. While these types can be more difficult to read off the values than the digital models, their designs are simpler. Furthermore, analogue thermometers are cheaper than digital types and even have a longer lifespan than those with modern features.
Weather Forecasting Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
There are certain types of indoor outdoor thermometers that will allow you to obtain more information about the weather, in addition to the temperature. With these types, you can get more knowledge about the weather in general, thereby enabling you to check the forecast easily.
Clock Indoor Outdoor Thermometers
Another feature that can be very important in an indoor outdoor thermometer is a time display. Hence, if you are looking to buy a thermometer that can also display the temperature, then a clock thermometer is the best pick for you. It will help you to get quick updates on the date and time in addition to the temperature. It can be very handy at home or in the office.
Frequently Asked Questions About Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
1. Where Should I Place the Outdoor Sensor for The Best Performance?
If you want to get accurate temperature data, it is best to place the sensor at least five feet above the ground. Do not keep the sensor in a place that it will be affected by direct sunlight or heavy precipitation because this will lead to incorrect readings. Place it in the area that receives good airflow if you want to get the best measurements. Moreover, note that metals or thick walls around where you place the sensor can interfere with the signals.
2. Can I use an indoor-outdoor thermometer in an apartment or rental unit?
Of course, yes! A lot of the models available do not need in-wall wiring or drilling, so you can use one in your rented apartment or unit. In fact, several units come with a stand which allows you to keep them on a table top, while some have the option of hanging on the wall. The remote sensor can be attached to the external part of the building using an adhesive and its small size means that it won’t be easily noticed.
3. What is the use of an outdoor thermometer?
An outdoor thermometer is used to obtain the temperature readings outside the house suing an indicator inside the building. Therefore, you do not have to step outside before you can obtain a temperature reading. It can also be used in cars as well as vehicles that carry out snow and ice clearance in cold regions.
4. How is thermometer used to measure the temperature?
Select a location outside for your thermometer; to get accurate temperature readings, this must be a location that does not get direct sunlight and is not hidden so as to avoid getting inaccurate temperature readings. As much as possible, keep them away from metals and concrete or where rain can get inside it.
Hang or install your thermometer according to the thermometer’s instructions.
5. Do indoor outdoor thermometers have extra features?
Some models of indoor outdoor thermometers also provide data on other weather elements apart from the temperature. You can get information on the level of humidity both within the house and outside. Certain models can measure barometric pressure and reveal the moon phase. Others display both the upcoming forecast and graphical representation of the current weather.
Since there are several models of indoor-outdoor thermometers on the market today, getting the best can be a tough job. This is why this indoor-outdoor thermometer review is aimed at making this task simpler for you. First of all, you have to understand the differences between all of the options you are looking at so you will know which is best for you. While we have several reputed companies that make indoor-outdoor thermometers, you have to ensure that you buy exactly what you need.
Since your objective is to get an indoor outdoor thermometer that suits your personal or business use, it is better to be sure of exactly what you need. This involves deciding on the exact features that you need before purchasing one. The 10 best indoor outdoor thermometer review section will help you choose the right thermometer.
Be rest assured that any indoor-outdoor thermometer you order from the above list is excellent and you will not be disappointed.