Dry skin on your hands can feel like tightness, cracked lines, dehydration, itchiness or flaking. While washing them can worsen the feeling, selecting the best hand soap for dry skin can improve their appearance. You can find hand soaps for dry skin in form of liquid or solid. They should thoroughly cleanse your hands and leave them deeply moisturized, soft and supple.
It can be stressful to shop online for a good hand wash if you have a dry skin. This is mainly because some of these products claim to contain many beneficial ingredients although not all are suitable for cracked or dry skin.
Top 5 Best Hand Soap For Dry Skin: Editor’s Recommended
In this guide, we will help you discover the best hand soaps for dry skin Condition. Our aim is to assist you pick the most appropriate hydrating, moisturizing, and gentle hand washes that will suit the needs of your specific skin type. Explore the hands soaps below to find out more.
- 10 Best Hand Soap for Dry Skin Review:
- 1. Puracy Natural Liquid Hand Soap
- 2. Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap Lemon Verbena
- 3. Puracy Natural Foaming Hand Soap
- 4. Softsoap Hand Soap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap Refill
- 5. Method Foaming Hand Soap
- 6. Dial Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap
- 7. EO Botanical Liquid Hand Soap Refill
- 8. Dr. Bronner’s – Organic Sugar Soap
- 9. Yardley London Liquid Hand Soap
- 10. Method Gel Hand Soap Refill
- Buying Guide: What Should to Consider When Select Hand Soap
- How to Make Hand Soap
10 Best Hand Soap for Dry Skin Review:
1. Puracy Natural Liquid Hand Soap
Puracy Natural Liquid Hand Soap bubbles quickly to form foam that will last throughout the hand washing process. Its honey-like thickness keeps your skin hydrated, soft and moisturized. This soap contains plant-powered emollients that enhance skin hydration such that you won’t have to apply a lotion after cleaning.
According to the doctors behind the creation of this hand wash, it is formulated using plant-derived ingredients which include Aloe Vera, Sea Salt, and Vitamin E that naturally hydrate and keep a balance in all skin types. It also includes lavender and vanilla essential oils without any harsh petrochemicals, animal by-products, perfumes, or sulfates.
Other ingredients include purified water, Lauryl Glucoside (Coconut Oil-Based Cleanser), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (Coconut-Based Cleanser), Benzisothiazolinone (Biodegradable Preservative), Coco-Glucoside (Coconut-Based Cleanser), Decyl Glucoside (Vegetable-Based Cleanser), Sodium Citrate (Plant-Based Water Softener), Citric Acid (Citrus-Based Preservative), Vanillin ex Vanilla Bean (Natural), and Vegetable Glycerin (Plant-Based Skin Softener).
The manufacturer also states that this product is child and pet safe. For safer and cleaner environment, this product comes in biodegradable and recyclable bottles and their refill pouches save in energy, water and plastic.
In caring for the community, the manufacturer makes some donation to local kids, artists and families that are less fortunate for every bottle that is bought.
What does it feel after washing? This hand wash will leave your skin feeling supple, smooth, and flexible after drying with a towel.
- Powered by plants without chemicals, toxins or allergens
- Developed and tested by doctors
- Gentle aromas from lavender and vanilla
- Safe of children and pets and environment friendly
- Proudly made in USA
2. Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap Lemon Verbena
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Hand Soap kindly and effectively cleanses your hands using natural cleansing power derived from Aloe Vera, olive oil, and essential oils. This non-drying formula that is derived from plants will get rid of dirt and germs to leave your skin supple and clean. Credit to the refreshing lemon verbena fragrance, this hand wash will leave your hands with a fragrance of freshness each and every time you lather up.
In reference to the manufacturer, this formula contains 98% plant-based ingredients that have been shown to be more effective than other brands. Aloe Vera helps to soothe and protect the skin while glycerin obtained from corn attracts moisture along with olive oil to keep your skin moisturized and soft.
Packaging comes in biodegradable and recyclable bottles that are made of 25% post-consumer content of plant-derived resources that are safe for septic systems.
The formula that ranks this cleanser among the best moisturizing hand soap has never been tested on animals and does not come with ingredients that can harm the environment like chlorine bleach, phosphate, phthalates, ammonia, glycol solvents, formaldehyde, artificial colors or parabens.
- Gently cleans and softens the hands
- Comes with 98% plant-based ingredients including olive oil and aloe vera
- Contains no harmful ingredients like parabens and has not been tested on animals
- Shown to be more effective than other soap brands
- Refreshing fragrance from lemon verbena
- Packaged in biodegradable and recyclable bottles
3. Puracy Natural Foaming Hand Soap[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B017XYM7GU” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/31PWRTEF64L.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”500″]
Puracy Natural Foaming Hand Soap, moisturizing Foam for All Skin Types is a specially formulated product that is effective, non-toxic and versatile cleanser made from plants, water, minerals, lavender essential oil, and vanilla. In reference to the manufacturer, the biodegradable ingredients are carefully selected and developed in to a premium solution using natural, plant-based sources.
The blend of renewable ingredients is not only family friendly, but also free from harmful fumes and chemicals which makes it safe for children and pets. Another thing that makes this formula top on the list of the best natural hand soap is that it doesn’t leave residues or lingering scent once you wash your hands.
According to the doctors behind this product, it is fortified with vitamin E and aloe vera which naturally leaves your skin supple and soft. Other ingredients include French lavender blossoms and vanilla beans, purified water, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin (Plant-Based Skin Softener), Glyceryl Oleate (Plant-Based Skin Softener), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate (Plant-Based Cleanser), Sodium Citrate (Plant-Based pH Adjuster), Benzisothiazolinone (Biodegradable preservative), Lauryl Glucoside (Coconut-Based Cleanser), Coco-Glucoside (Coconut-Based Cleanser), Citric Acid (Citrus-Based Preservative), and lavender essential oil.
The formula doesn’t include harsh chemicals like triclosan, petrochemicals, sulfates, animal by-products or perfumes.
- Rich foaming lather that leaves no residues
- Formulated by doctors
- All natural, non-toxic, gluten-free, vegan, and hypoallergenic
- Designed with a pump that doesn’t clog
- No harmful chemicals
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
4. Softsoap Hand Soap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap Refill[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B005MQ3Y3M” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/51xX8dXXDWL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”474″]
Softsoap Hand Soap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing Hand Soap Refill is a hand soap that promises to soothe and moisturize your dry skin. The formula contains aloe vera which has been scientifically proven to ease a number of dry skin conditions without cause any adverse effects.
This hand soap not only moisturizes, but also leaves a nice scent. This product comes with natural ingredients which include aloe barbadensis leaf juice, water, hydrolyzed silk, olefin sulfonate, laureth-3, glycol stearate, citric acid, solient green, fragrance, sodium chloride, barbadensis leaf juice, DMDM hydantoin, tetrasodium EDTA, glycerin, poloxamer 124, polyquaternium-7, glycerine, and cocamidopropyl betaine,
If you place an order today of this mild fragrance product, it will arrive in a set of two bottles that are 64fl each.
After some customers complained about some leakage problems during the delivery, the manufacturer now ensures that there won’t be issues when shipping. It is suitable for both home and office use and won’t foam if you put it in a foaming dispenser.
During our dry hand soap reviews, we discovered a lot of positive talk in regard to the use of this product. Some users suggest that it is an ideal option as a hand and body soap though you might require something stronger if you deal with greasy objects like metal.
- All-natural without harmful or toxic ingredients
- Contains aloe vera which is effective in moisturizing dry skin
- Strongly soothes dry and flaky skin
- Comes in two bottles of 64fl each
- Natural fragrance
5. Method Foaming Hand Soap[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00O33EZLU” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/31K2TzjYL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”206″]
Are you looking for something foamy? Method Foaming Hand Soap, Sea Minerals, 10 Ounce, is one of the best liquid hand soap for dry skin that is specially formulated with naturally-derived ingredients without toxic substances.
The active ingredients include water (aqua), glycerine, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), sodium citrate, sodium chloride, aloe barbadensis extract, sodium lauryl sulphate, fragrance (parfum lyral linalool), cocamidopropyl betaine, methylisothiazolinone, external violet 2, and Blue.
This formula will not only leave your hands soft and clean, but also sublimely scented. It s packaged in 100% recycled and recyclable plastic bottle of 10 ounce each. The ingredients are triclosan free and biodegradable.
According to the manufacturer, all their products are naturally derived to make cleaning more enjoyable without having to hold your breath. The formula has been tested on people and not animals. With big plans to make the world safer, greener and more colourful, the manufacturer solely uses recyclable bottles. The bottles are also more stable especially when you are operating with filthy hands.
The best thing with this formula is that it washes off very easily. It is non-drying which helps to keep your hands moisturized even if you wash repeatedly. After washing, your hands should feel soft and clean without leaving any lotion residue.
- Ingredients are naturally derived
- 100% recycled and recyclable bottle
- Leaves hands clean, soft, and sublimely scented
- Biodegradable and triclosan free
- Comes fresh with nature-inspired scent
- Sold and shipped by Prime Pantry
6. Dial Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00BKZQLIY” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/417BVejNggL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”500″]
Dial Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap, Gold, 7.5 Ounce which is sold and shipped by Prime Pantry is a gentle and moisturizing formula that will leave your skin clean and soft. This antibacterial product will kill 99% of germs that are normally found in a household setting.
Its tough and gentle features make it one of the best hand soap for sensitive skin which is also suitable for your entire family. It is specially formulated to be gentle and protective on children’s hands. With this product, you will experience the luxurious and creamy lather irrespective of how sensitive your skin happens to be. Although it is very tough on germs, it won’t cause any problems to your sensitive skin.
The active ingredients include water, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl hydroxysulphite, polyquaternium-7, glycerine, sodium laureth sulphate, fragrance, Tetrasodium Edta, Ppg-2hydroxyethyl coco/Isostearamide, Citric acid, red 4, yellow 5, and Dmdm hydantoin.
This product is very easy to use. Simply pump it into your hands and lather vigorously for about 30 seconds. Rinse with clean water and enjoy soft and healthy feeling hands.
The manufacturer states that this formula helps to keep even hard-working hands supple, clean, and delightfully scented. It won’t dry out your hand which means it is suitable for use in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Tough on germs but gentle on hands
- Has a strong moisturizing ability
- Suitable for the whole family and keep your children protected
- Ingredients are naturally sourced
- Contains no harmful chemicals or toxins
7. EO Botanical Liquid Hand Soap Refill[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B001E7BB7Y” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/41mX85rVdkL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”500″]
Your hand washing experiences will never be the same again with EO Botanical Liquid Hand Soap Refill, Lemon and Eucalyptus. It is specially formulated with unique combinations of nourishing herbal blends and pure essential oils to soothe, heal, and naturally refresh your skin. This formula is not only richly foaming, but also gentle and most effective. It qualifies to be one of the best hand soap currently in the market thanks to its ingredients.
The active ingredients include purified water, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Organic Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, EO Essential Oil Blend (Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia), EO Organic Herbal Blend (Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf), Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, (Lavender) Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Citric Acid, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Phytate.
According to the manufacturer, they produce hand soaps with the intention of making the hand washing a relaxing ritual. Their soaps are formulated using pure essential oils, gentle cleansers, and hydrating botanical extracts with aromatherapeutic properties.
The soaps are GMO-free, fragrance-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, and phthalate free. Packaging is done in recycled and recyclable plastic that has been certified by B Corp.
This formula is easy to use. Generously apply to your hands and lather up for about 30 seconds as you enjoy the uplifting scents from eucalyptus and lemon. Rinse to dry.
- Combines coconut cleansers with pure essential oils
- Non-GMO verified
- No harmful ingredients or chemicals
- Proudly made in the USA by a reputable company in line of cosmetic products
- Gentle on your hands and safe for septic systems
8. Dr. Bronner’s – Organic Sugar Soap[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B0017QPLMI” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/41FgfBdh6TL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”500″]
Are you looking for the best liquid hand soap for dry skin that is both sweet to your body and the planet? Dr. Bronner’s – organic Sugar Soap is a sweet scented soap that comes with a rich caramel color. The formula combines sugar with organic shikakai powder to keep your skin hydrated, nourished and smooth.
Organic coconut-olive-hemp oils make this hand soap creamy which ranks it among the top rated brands for washing hands, body, face, and hair. The manufacturer ensures that their products are safe for our environment and healthy for your skin. All the sugars in this formula are sourced from plants and no synthetic preservatives, foaming agents, or detergents are added. Plus, they are also packed in 100% post-consumer recyclable bottles.
In an attempt to eliminate waste while preserving the environment, Dr. Bronner’s diverts discarded plastic bottles from landfills through the use of the recycled ones.
The manufacturer says that they collaborate with fair trade suppliers in the implementation of regenerative organic practices that promote soil enrichment, combat climate change, and boost biodiversity.
The delightful scent comes from pure essential oils and organic sugar. The main active ingredient, organic shikakai powder, is derived from a tree which has been in use for a long time in India for skin, hair and body care.
- USDA fair trade and organic ingredients
- Blissful scents from pure organic oils and organic sugar
- Organic shikaikai powder that was traditionally used in India for skin and body care
- Doesn’t contain synthetic preservatives or detergents
- Packed in 100% recycled and recyclable plastic bottles
9. Yardley London Liquid Hand Soap[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00JGQQMOC” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/51bLfAFbkoL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”470″]
Did you know that lavender can lift your spirits? Yardley London Liquid Hand Soap – English Lavender will definitely take you to another world with its exhilarating and soothing fragrance.
Loaded with natural moisturizers, this happens to be one of the best hand soap for dry skin that will keep your skin smooth, soft, and scented throughout. The formula combines proven odor-eliminating and germ-killing natural ingredients to make an ideal cleanser and natural moisturizer for both home and office use.
One of the outstanding features with this product is that it is suitable for all skin types and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals. The ingredients also include almond, oatmeal, shea butter, vitamin E, and cocoa butter. Wild oats have been shown to be effective in making the skin supple and beautiful when applied topically. They help to protect the skin against dryness while sweet almonds leave your skin feeling gently, exfoliated, clean and moisturized.
If you have a sensitive skin type, this formula comes with other vital ingredient. Shea butter, cocoa butter, and vitamin E help to soften dry skin while locking in the moisture.
In reference to the manufacturer, Yardley London, their soaps are specially crafted using essential oils and ingredients that are trusted and proven to be helpful. The company started making soap in 1770.
- All ingredients are natural
- No harsh chemicals
- Soothing herbal scents
- Gently exfoliates
- Suitable for all skin types
- Proven germ-killing and odor-eliminating ingredients
- Contains natural moisturizers
10. Method Gel Hand Soap Refill[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B002Y26V1Y” locale=”US” src=”https://www.temperatureworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/418bsYn9HtL.jpg” tag=”temperaturewd-20″ width=”500″]
Washing your hands is the best thing you can instead of thinking about where they have been. The important thing to think about is what you are using to wash them. The good news is that Method Gel Hand Soap Refill will get you covered against germs and dirt.
This happens to be among the best liquid hand soap for dry skin that is specially formulated with naturally derived ingredients and comes with a pleasant fresh scent. This heavenly hand wash is triclosan free and will leave your hands feeling clean and soft. You won’t feel disappointed when you give the next person you encounter a high five. It will also leave your hands so clean such that you can eat with them.
This paraben free formula is also biodegradable and has not been tested on animals. It is packed in recyclable bottles since the manufacturer is mindful of our environment.
The formula is also tailored to work in standard dispensers and foaming ones. You shouldn’t be worried if members of your household are allergic to certain fragrances. The manufacturer uses a method dye and fragrance free for many years with the help of refills to keep costs under control.
The compact packaging comes with a small opening which can comfortably fit in the hand soap dispenser whenever they are being refilled.
- Naturally derived ingredients
- Biodegradable and paraben free
- Leaves your hands clean, smooth, and sublimely scented
- Refill pouches save energy, water, and plastic
- Liquid hand soap in refillable pouches
- Triclosan free
Buying Guide: What Should to Consider When Select Hand Soap
Picking the best soap for dry skin can be a complicated decision. There are a number of factors that you should keep into consideration. They include:
Avoid Antibacterial Hand Soaps
This may sound strange but antibacterial soaps for general use are unnecessary. Studies have shown that normal hand washing with regular hand soap work just well as removing dirt with antibacterial hand soaps. In addition, you don’t have to continually expose your skin to antibacterial agents. Another thing is that most antibacterial soaps are relatively expensive in relation to the regular hand soaps.
Most soap manufacturers will state that their products are solely made using natural ingredients that are considered safe. However, that is not always the case. Some hand wash products for dry skin may contain toxic chemicals that can trigger adverse side effects or skin reactions if used over time. It is a good idea to go for hand wash products from reputable manufacturers with clean records of organic ingredients. This will necessitate you to carry out a comprehensive research before placing and order for hand wash.
There is no reason of including a dye in hand soap. In many instances, the dye doesn’t play any role in the function of hand soap other than grabbing your attention. I worst cases these dyes can cause irritation and allergic reactions in sensitive skin types.
Carefully select your fragrances
Fragrances happen to be a very sensitive subject. Most people are sensitive to scents and some fragrances can trigger allergic reactions. And it can be very difficult to find out a specific fragrance that would appeal every person. When picking the best hand soap for dry skin, it is advisable to carry out a trial of potential products with your colleagues or family members. Alternatively, you can go for a fragrance-free product.
You are here because you want to find out the best hand soap for dry skin. You definitely want something that will leave your skin not only clean, but moisturized throughout the day. Luckily, some manufacturers have put you into consideration if your skin becomes dry or flaky after washing. Explore to find hand wash that is packed with moisturizing ingredients to meet the needs of your skin.
Always go green
Going green can be easy and inexpensive. After all every hand wash will go down the drain. From an environment perspective, it is advisable to go for hand soap that is biodegradable and one that won’t kill aquatic life on reaching water shed.
Go for larger refills
Look for hand soaps that come with larger refills if you would like to save time and money. This will minimize the risk for your dispenser to run dry by using refills that can last longer to cut on maintenance costs. Plus, the less overall packaging will help to cut down on waste.
Pick Recyclable Packaging
Most households and institutions are now turning to recycling programs and thus this should be a logical rule which is often overlooked. Picking a soap product that is made with a recyclable material will go a long way in minimizing the environmental impact. It’s worth noting that most of the flexible bag refills currently in the market are not recyclable. Avoid such bags and request maintenance staffs to put recyclable containers in recycle bins.
Even if you are on a tight budget, it is worth going for hand soap that is suitable for your household or office. It should offer you substantial health benefits, save the environment, and save your cash.
How to Make Hand Soap
It is good top be creative at times and you can make hand soap at home using the following steps.
- Castille soap: it can either be scented or unscented.
- Essential oils: Examples include lavender, cinnamon or peppermint.
- Clean water: Should be cold to avoid harming the potency and quality of the essential oils
- Blood orange: it is anti-septic, reduces inflammation and eliminates toxins on the skin.
- Lemon: It has antibacterial properties and helps to remove skin blemishes.
- Peppermint: It produces a cooling effect on the skin, reduces itchiness and repels insects.
- Grab 1-2 tablespoons of castile soap
- Place the soap into your preferred dispenser
- Add about 20 drops of essential oil(s) of your choice. Continue adding drops until you can smell the oil from the top of your dispenser
- Add water to near the top of your dispenser
- Insert your pump lid
- Shake thoroughly to mix
You can place this recipe into any pump dispenser but remember it will not be as thick as commercial soap. Rubbing your hands together will form lather and you will get the same hand washing experience in the absence of toxic chemicals.
Irrespective of whether your skin tends to become dry or not, it is important to ensure that your hands remain clean throughout the day. You can achieve this by using some of the best hand soap for dry skin to stay soft, hydrated and moisturized. While there are hundreds of skincare products that will promise to naturally restore, our comprehensive review guide points at the best products that are suitable for the dry skin type. We have featured the top rated hand wash products that are made with natural ingredients that have been proven to be gentle, safe and effective. Simply grab your favorite!