There are some special things to keep in mind when choosing a steam cleaner. Are you looking for something lightweight or heavy duty? Do you have mostly tile floor or other hard floors? It’s important to know what you’ll be using the steam cleaner for before you go out to purchase one.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best steam cleaners on the market and the different benefits of each one individually. We’ll also cover how to use one, how to choose one, and some frequently asked questions.
5 Best Floor Steam Cleaner: Editor’s Recommended
|1. BISSELL Symphony Vac|
|2. Shark Steam Pocket Mop|
|3. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop|
|4. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro|
|5. McCulloch MC1385 Canister|
- Our 15 Best Floor Steam Cleaner Reviews:
- 1. BISSELL Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1
- 2. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
- 3. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
- 4. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
- 5. McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System
- 6. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop, Powerful Floor Steamer Cleaner
- 7. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
- 8. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket
- 9. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 10. Bissell Pet Steam Mop, Steamer, Tile, Bathroom, Hard Wood Floor Cleaner
- 11. Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
- 12. Bissell PowerFresh Slim Hard Wood Floor Steam Cleaner System
- 13. iwoly M11 Steam Mop with Handle Switch
- 14. Reliable Steamboy 300CU 3-in-1 Steam and Scrub Mop
- 15. SKG 1500W Steam Mop Floor Steamer
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Floor Steam Cleaner
- How to Use a Floor Steam Cleaner
- How to Choose a Floor Steam Cleaner
- FAQ’s: Frequently Ask Question About Floor Steam Cleaner
Our 15 Best Floor Steam Cleaner Reviews:
1. BISSELL Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1
This one is not only a steam cleaner for your floor, but is also a top-rated vacuum. Everyone knows the Bissell name and the quality backed by it. With this model, you not only get a Bissell vacuum, but a Bissell steam cleaner for your floor as well. It’ll help you save space and money!
This also means you can go right from vacuuming to steam cleaning, as we cover later that to steam clean, you must first vacuum. Now, you don’t even have to switch devices. The tank has 12.8 oz capacity, which should allow you clean without stopping to refill.
The cord is 25 feet, which is an average length. You shouldn’t have to change plugs for cord length with this model any more often than your normal vacuum cord. It also has an adjustable handle, offering five different ways you can use it. It also has easy to use digital controls, leaving it easier for you to make adjustments.
Finally, it comes with four different mop pads. These are easy to clean and reusable, cutting down on waste and how much you spend. This is a great 2-in-1 option that’ll save you money and space. It has some of the best floor steam cleaner reviews online. This is also one of the best upright floor steam cleaners.
- Vacuum and steam cleaner for your floor as a 2-in-1
- Easy to use digital controls
- 8 oz tank capacity for filling with water
- Includes 4 mop pads, for different uses and when one is in the wash, as well as a quick release mop pad tray for easy changing
- Offers both low and high steam options
2. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
The Shark name is one of the most famous when we’re talking about steam cleaners for your floors. These are known as one of the best options out there, as the entire name is dedicated to steam cleaners for your floor. All of their models are some of the best upright floor steam cleaners.
This model is intended for smaller jobs, as it’s a small model, but it’s the best lightweight floor steam cleaner at less than five pounds. The tank only holds 450 ml of water, which weighs less than fifteen ounces, two cups of water. This brings the final weight of filled model at about six pounds. This is a great option for anyone who struggles to lift, but wants to steam clean their floors.
This one also comes with two mop pads, so you can be washing one while using the other. They’re cleaned simply by being tossed into your laundry machine with the rest of your laundry. No more buckets or harsh chemical cleaners with this one!
- From the original steam mop brand, Shark, coming with their quality guarantee
- The best lightweight floor steam cleaner at less than five pounds
- Tank holds 450 ml of water, around two cups
- Comes with two mop pads
- Comes with a 20’ quick release cord that will be stored conveniently out of the way
3. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
This is another one of the best lightweight steam floor cleaners, as it’s less than five pounds. It heats up in 20 seconds, which is average for floor steam cleaners. It has an interesting head design, shaped in a long triangle, designed to get into all the corners and crannies and clean them out.
The head comes with two microfiber pads, machine washable up to 25 times. This offers you 50 full cleaning sessions before you need to replace your pads, with no more expensive chemical cleaners.
This one also offers a snap on carpet glider which allows you to steam clean your carpets as well. This tool elevates the cleaner off the ground slightly, which allows it to slide along the carpet without the microfiber pad getting stuck on the carpet fibers. The steam can then get into the carpet and release any dried-on gunk.
This steam mop offers multiple steam settings for whatever your needs are. For higher settings, you can deep clean your carpets using the carpet glider or tough, stuck on messes in the kitchen. The lower settings are perfect for more delicate floors, like hardwood or old tile floors.
- Unique triangle shaped head designed to get into corners
- Comes with two microfiber, machine washable pads for cleaning, which will replace mop heads and chemical cleaners
- Lightweight and portable
- Snap on carpet glider to allow you to steam clean your carpets
- Adjustable steam settings for whatever you may need cleaned
4. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
If you’re looking for something to cover a variety of needs, this is your cleaner. This one not only steam cleans a variety of floors, but also can be used in other areas of your home as well with the handheld steam cleaner attachment. With this model, you can steam clean your home from top to bottom.
This is one of the best floor steam cleaners as well as one of the best steam cleaning units. It not only offers all the best floor steam cleaning necessities, but past that, tools for steam cleaning the rest of your house. The handheld attachment can be used for steam cleaning, garment steaming, or cleaning any kind of glass quickly and without streaking.
This unit heats up in the standard 30 seconds. It has a large tank at 11.5 oz and comes with a multitude of accessories you’ll have to continually reference the manual to remember how to use. These accessories make it easy for you to clean anything in your house, from the top to the bottom.
- 10-in-1, allowing you to clean your floor and other things
- Handheld unit functions not only as a steam cleaner, but also a garment steamer and perfect for cleaning glass without streaks
- Comes with a variety of accessories for whatever you need to clean
- The reservoir is large, at 11.5 oz, so you won’t need any refills
- Heats up in 30 seconds
5. McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System
This one is more heavy-duty than the rest we’ve explored on this list so far. This one is designed to blast away dirt and grime with a variable steam control bar going up to 58 psi. The tank is a full 64 oz, which takes at least 12 minutes to heat up. Once it’s hot though, you can run it for up to two hours without running out of steam.
The water inside is heated to above 200 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes with a total of 23 accessories for whatever you may need to clean. This makes it easy to find the perfect tool for the job, no matter what that may be. It even comes with a squeegee attachment, for cleaning your glass, and a brush attachment, for scrubbing away any burnt-on grime on grills or such.
It also offers a two-year warranty. Some of the floor steam cleaner reviews mention using it for:
- Workshop needs
- Interior auto detailing/cleaning
- Nasty tile grout
- Even tubs or other bathroom fixtures with years of built up mineral deposits
- Heavy-duty compared the ones before it on this list
- Heats to 200 degrees Fahrenheit in a tank with capacity of 64 oz
- Comes with 23 accessories for every cleaning needs you may have
- Steam comes out at a maximum of 58 psi to intensely clean whatever you may need
- Can be used for a variety of needs, as it won’t clean just your floor
6. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop, Powerful Floor Steamer Cleaner
This cleaner comes with a unique square head designed to clean into all the corners. The handle can turn a full 360 degrees all the way around, making it even easier to swivel around furniture and cleaning it all up for you. It heats up in just 30 seconds, with a sensor to release more steam with quick movements.
This one is lightweight also, at under 5 pounds. The light weight makes it one of the best portable floor steam cleaners.
The tank is conveniently stored at the bottom of the model, in the mop head, to be closer to the floor it’s cleaning as well as easier to store with just the slender handle. This also makes it easier to get into tight spaces, as the design is more compact and easy to swivel.
It’s easy to find replacement pads for this model, especially compared to some others on the market. They’re washable and reusable, of course, but it’s recommended you replace them every now and again to keep them as fresh as possible.
The only thing to note on this model is that because of the sensor, you may have issues getting it to run if you aren’t mopping fast enough. This means that faster you mop, the more steam will come out.
- This cleaner’s unique square head is specially designed to fit into each niche and cranny
- The water tank is low, just above the cleaner head, so it’s easy to maneuver around
- The handle swivels to make it easy to fit the head into any places you may need to clean
- It quickly heats up in just 20 seconds
- It’s lightweight at just 5 pounds, making it one of the best portable floor steam cleaners
7. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
Now, this really does mean heavy duty. With this steamer, you can clean a variety of things, not only your floor. It’s advertised as great for floors, cars, and household use, among many others. The steam reaches up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit, with a maximum run time of 50 minutes on one tank.
It holds up to 54 oz of water for steam cleaning. This should be plenty for a long session without any refills. If you do need to refill, however, no worries because it heats up in just 7 minutes, one of the fastest heat-up times of units of this size. It also has a built-in funnel to help you alleviate messes from trying to fill the unit.
This unit won’t leave a huge mess behind, with low-moisture steam that’s superheated to destroy germs and bacteria. This is a full 18-piece kit, allowing you to clean much more than just your floors. The attachments allow you to clean mattress, grout, even your car interior. You’ll really see a difference after using it.
- Is a full 18-piece kit for a multitude of cleaning tasks
- Holds up to 54 oz of water for long cleaning sessions of up to fifty minutes with a built-in funnel for filling ease
- Superheated steam goes up to 275 degrees in just seven minutes
- Can be used to clean anything from your floors to your mattress to your bathroom
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
8. Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket
This is another model from the Shark corporation which is the best hard floor steam cleaner. This model is designed for your hard floors, so you won’t have to worry about pesky carpet accessories when you don’t even need them. The pads are even double sided as well as washable, giving you twice as much pad without taking up twice as much space.
The water tank has a 220-ml capacity and intelligent steam control, which adjusts your rate of steam according to how fast you’re mopping. The faster you mop, the most steam and intensity it’ll produce for you to help clean it better. This is a common and key feature in floor steam cleaners.
It also has an intense steamer setting, made to jet out superheated steam and blast off any built-up grime and residue. This is perfect for getting into tough stains. It’s also lightweight and portable, great for someone who needs to get all their terrible stains out.
- This is the best hard floor steam cleaner.
- The Shark is the original floor steam cleaner.
- The tank has a 220-ml water capacity, enough for most household areas you’ll need to clean without being too heavy
- The pads are double sided, giving you more space to collect the dirt and grime
- This is specially designed for being used on hard floors, not carpets
9. Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
This one offers pressurized steam for deep cleaning. The style of it is perfect for using for multiple uses, not just for steam cleaning your floor. This means it you can use it to clean your bathroom, your kitchen, and everywhere else in your home that has tough, dried on grime. Even use it on your kitchen accessories to blast off cooked grime.
This one has a large tank at 45 oz. This is a lot and will give you a while to run the machine without needing a refill. It will last you for 45 minutes of continuous steam. It also has 15 different accessories for all your needs, including a mop head. This is perfect for all your flooring’s needs.
The trigger offers you on demand steam or can be locked to give you continuous steam. Then, you can either blast it with steam in short blasts or hold it for a long time for extended sections. Large locations, like your shower tiling or shower doors, will clean quickly with continuous steam. Smaller areas or more deeply stuck on stains will benefit greatly from the steam blasts.
- Offers pressurized steam to get in depth cleaning with force
- The water takes 45 oz and can last you for 45 minutes of continuous steam
- Offers both steaming blasting and continuous steam, depending on your needs
- The 15 different accessories will fulfill your many different needs
- This one includes a mop head accessory as well for your floors
10. Bissell Pet Steam Mop, Steamer, Tile, Bathroom, Hard Wood Floor Cleaner
This is both an upright steam cleaner and a smaller, handheld unit you can detach from it. This means you don’t have to just clean your floors or have an awkward unit not fully intended for being used as a steamer mop. The style is similar to an upright vacuum and when detached, the smaller unit is similar to a handheld vacuum.
This one is perfect for pets, as it’s designed to be used for their messes with the detachable unit. The steam is still high pressured and hot when you’re just using the handheld unit. It also comes with a total of 13 versatile accessories you can use for anything you may need it for. It also comes with multiple pads, including scrubby options.
It has an extension hose, giving you extension to get whatever you want. For your bathroom cleaning needs, it even comes with a squeegee option that will hit your shower doors with deep clean and then squeegee it right off. No more hard scrubbing for you, whether it’s pet messes or just general mineral and such build-up.
- Comes with 13 different accessories for whatever you need
- This is directly designed for pet owners needing to clean up after their pets
- This is both a traditional, upright floor steam cleaner and a detachable unit for other cleaning
- Weighs in at 10 pounds
- Water tank capacity of 13.5 oz
11. Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
This offers many household uses, from grout to pest control. This unit has a mop head for your flooring needs and is heavier, at 20 pounds. This isn’t the lightweight system you may want just for your generic household needs, which there are better options for.
It comes with new tools and accessories, listed on their Amazon listing as:
- Floor Cleaning Head
- Triangle Corner Brush
- Extension Tubes X 2
- Water Level Dipstick
- Steam Gun and Hose
- Carpet Slider
- Micro Fiber Floor Pad
- Detail Accessory Adapter
- Jet Nozzle Tool
- Detail Scraper Tool
- Nylon Grout Brush
- Nylon Brush Medium
- Nylon Brush Large
- Brass Metal Brush
- Clothes / Fabric Tool
- Fabric Tool Cotton Cover
- Smooth Surface Squeegee
- Measuring Cup
- Fill Funnel
- Accessory Storage Bag
- Replacement O-ring Set
With all these accessories, you won’t run out of things to find to clean. You can get into the deep dark corners with the triangle corner brush or get intense with the jet nozzle tool. It has a large water tank over a liter and a half and will heat to 210 degrees Fahrenheit quickly. It can run for up to an hour of continuous steam.
- Heavier duty than many others listed through these reviews
- This unit has many accessories that come with it for your various needs and wants
- Steam reaches between 210 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter
- This unit can run for up to an hour of continuous steam
- The tank holds 1.6 liters of water
12. Bissell PowerFresh Slim Hard Wood Floor Steam Cleaner System
This is the best tile floor steam cleaner, as well as a perfect cleaning system for your hard wood flooring. You can go from your beautiful living room or dining room hard wood floors to your kitchen tiles without needs a new or different steam cleaner. It’s Bissell, another well-known company for making both vacuums and steam cleaners.
It has swivel steering, making it easy for you to zoom around your furniture with ease. Everything is sectioned high up on the handle to be out of the way of the bottom, so you can get under furniture as well.
It also holds most of the tools on the head with you at all times, so you don’t have to remember to keep the right tools with you. No matter what you may need, it’ll all be right there. This unit also mounts up on the wall, out of the way.
You can easily replace your mop pad, as they’re available online. They’re also washable.
- Comes with a multitude of tools for various needs
- Also comes with a way to mount all the tools onto the unit, so you don’t have to try to keep them all with you whenever you may need them.
- Only weighs a bit more than 6 pounds, which makes it easy for you to carry it around
- Has a 12 oz tank capacity for your water
- Offers steam on demand or continuously
13. iwoly M11 Steam Mop with Handle Switch
This one is safe to use on any flooring, including hard floors like wood and tile or carpeting. This is because of the many attachments it comes with. It has four different settings for the steam, allowing you to adjust as you need to for your different cleaning needs. This is imperative when you’re using it over a multitude of surfaces.
Steam that’s too hot can damage hardwood flooring, so it’s imperative you manage these when changing between floors. This is easy to do with the handle switch, so you don’t have to bend over and make adjustments with each flooring change.
It comes with a four-year warranty, so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down not being able to get a refund or have it fixed. This is a freestanding model that can stand up on its own.
- Offers a handy switch to change your steaming level between four different options
- Freestanding unit that will not fall down on its own
- If the unit is knocked down, it will go immediately into standby mode, keeping you from steaming straight out while it’s on the floor
- Has a swivel action head, which makes it easy to get under and into hard to reach spots
- Comes with a four-year warranty
14. Reliable Steamboy 300CU 3-in-1 Steam and Scrub Mop
This unit will both steam and scrub your floors, with its multitude of available attachments. The heavy-duty tile scrubber promises to get in deep and clean in the grout lines, not just the top of the tiles. This is another of the best tile floor steam cleaners. After you’ve scrubbed all the grime off, the pad will quickly suck it in and off your floor.
It’s ready in two minutes and the water tank removes for quick refilling. It has a triangular shaped scrubbing head, which is perfect for getting into the corners and cleaning them up. It has up to 25 minutes of continuous steam, which will get through a while before you need to refill. And remember, even when you do refill, it only takes two minutes to heat up for use.
It comes with two cloth pads. These are great because you don’t have to continuously buy pads. Instead, you’ll just toss one in the washer and use the other to clean your floors. They suction up the dirt released by the steam and capture it until you wash it. You can use them a multitude of times before they need replaced.
- Triangular shaped head to get into corners
- 25 minutes of continuous steam for whatever you’re cleaning
- Microfiber cloth mop heads are washable, reusable, and will suck up all the dirt
- The tank is removable, allowing you to quickly refill it with no mess
- It only takes two minutes to reach full heat
15. SKG 1500W Steam Mop Floor Steamer
Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit and this is how hot the steam is from this cleaner. It’ll blast all the grime and dirt right off quickly. It also has a smart digital display that makes it so much easier for you to adjust your settings as your running your steamer.
This has 6-in-1 different features, giving you whatever you may need. It also has the great triangular head which is perfect for getting into corners, not just the flat spots. This will work great for all your needs, for a variety of floors. It will even take care of all the sticky grout lines and whatever else may have gotten ground in there.
The microfiber pad will suck up all the grime as the steam releases it. Afterwards, you’ll just need to toss the pad in the washer and clean it up easy. No more chemicals or waste of disposable pads.
It’s multi-functional, perfect for a multitude of places. You won’t run out of places to clean with this. You can use the different tools to blast off grime in a multitude of places, from the kitchen to the bathroom to sanitizing mattresses and such.
- Steam comes out at 212 degrees Fahrenheit
- Knocks off dirt and grime fast without any chemicals
- It has 6-in-1 different features for whatever you may need
- It has a triangular head for getting into corners
- Digital display for your ease while changing between steam intensities
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Select Floor Steam Cleaner
Floor steam cleaners come in a multitude of shapes and sizes. Let’s break down some key features of them.
The Head of the Steam Cleaner
This is important to note, as it’s not just a mop head. You can find triangular heads or square heads. Triangular heads are designed to get deep into corners for deep cleaning with ease, but can be annoying and awkward to use. Square heads are traditional and typically gives you a wider cleaning space.
If you have a lot of corner that collect grime, you should look for a triangular head.
What Kind of Water Tank for You Steam Cleaner?
How much water do you want your tank to hold? Bigger tanks mean they can hold more and that often also means they put out more water. They’re also typically more heavy-duty, as the bigger tank helps cut down on how often you need to run for refills.
Smaller tanks can require more refills, but can also take less time to heat back up. Some only take 30 seconds to heat up. This makes it easier to refill versus the large ones which hold significantly more.
Position of Water Tank on Steam Cleaner
Water tanks come placed in a range of places on the cleaner. Ones designed to get into hard to reach places typically have the tank placed high on the handle, so they won’t be banging into stuff while you’re trying to clean. However, these units cause the steam to cool along the long space between the handle and the bottom of the unit where the steam is going out.
One unique unit on this list has the water tank directly on the head. This saves space while keeping the steam extremely hot for your cleaning needs.
What Are You Going to Be Cleaning with Your Steam Cleaner?
If you’re only going to be cleaning hard floors, such as tile, you don’t need one that offers carpeting cleaning choices. These simply aren’t needed for you and will only take up more space, so go ahead and skip any with those.
On the flip side, if you only want something to clean your carpets, don’t spend your money on a big, multi-functional tool. This will only take up extra space you don’t need to occupy and cost you extra money on a unit you won’t fully use.
If you love to steam clean and want to expand on it past your floors, go for it! There are so many great units set up for whatever you may need. You can clean your floor, your bathroom, and your kitchen all with one piece of equipment. How much better does it get than that?
For hardwood floors, you need to be careful. You’ll need a unit that has steam control, or else you’ll damage them with steam that’s too hot for them. This will hurt them instead of cleaning them and over time will cause serious damage.
However, steam cleaning can also be great for wood floors. The key is what unit you’re using. If you can lower the heat of the steam enough, it will be safe for wood floors. Make sure and look on the sales listing whether it has a special option for wood floors while on your search. Or, of course, check out our recommendation for the best hard floor steam cleaner, the Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket.
How to Use a Floor Steam Cleaner
Before you can use your floor steam cleaner, you’ll need to vacuum or sweep up any debris. This is important and can’t be skipped, or else you won’t get a good clean from the steam cleaner. Once you’ve cleaned up any big debris, you’re ready to steam clean your floor.
Next, you’ll need to attach a clean head to the steam cleaner. No matter what head you use, whether it’s a mop head or another, you need to ensure it’s clean before you use it. A dirty head won’t help you clean your floors.
Make sure your water tank is full. Nothing is worse than getting halfway through a room and running out of water. Once you’re sure your water tank is full and your cleaner head is clean, you should start from the corner of the room furthest from the door. Work from that corner to the door, being careful not to step on your just-cleaned floor.
Before you step into the room again, allow the floor to dry. If you don’t, any dirt on your foot will quickly turn to mud, ruining your clean floor.
How to Choose a Floor Steam Cleaner
The most important thing when choosing a floor steam cleaner is to know what you’ll be using it for. If you’re only going to use it on tile floors, you’ll want to look for one specifically for that, such as the Bissell PowerFresh Slim Hard Wood Floor Steam Cleaner System. On the flip side, if you don’t have any tile floors in your home, you’ll want something else.
Weight is also an important factor to keep in mind. If you have troubles lighting heavy items, you’re better off with our best lightweight floor steam cleaner, the Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner. However, if you’re looking for heavy cleaning duty and don’t mind the weight, you’ll be happier with Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer.
Speaking of heavy duty cleaning, you should also factor in what type of cleaning you’ll be doing. If you don’t ever intend to do intense cleaning, you shouldn’t worry about spending extra money when you’ll only being doing the occasional quick sweep of the kitchen and bathroom floors. Save your money with this budget-friendly option, the SKG 1500W Steam Mop Floor Steamer.
Finally, keep your budget in mind. If you don’t have the budget right now, don’t blow it when you don’t have the money. On the other hand, unless you’re in desperate need, wait to purchase your ideal steam cleaner instead of just settling. This will leave you happier with your purchase.
FAQ’s: Frequently Ask Question About Floor Steam Cleaner
Q.1- What is the best floor steam cleaner?
The best floor steam cleaner is probably the BISSELL Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1. This offers a great vacuum and a great steamer, for whatever you may need. It’s a good middle price range for a quality unit.
This is the best because it accomplishes what you need very efficiently and for a decent price. This can be hard to find on the market. However, you should find something that suits you. If it’s a generic, use for everything floor steam cleaner, this is your option, but look into others if you have specific needs.
Q.2- Does steam cleaning floors really work?
In short, yes, steam cleaning floors really does work! It works just as well if not better than a traditional mop, allowing you to clean just as thoroughly without any nasty chemicals. You not only no longer have to worry about your family and pets and the cleaning chemicals, but you’ll save money by only using water to steam clean.
Steam floor cleaners work by using hot steam to loosening built on grime and build-up. The steam is hot enough to sanitize as it cleans, in at least some models, leaving your floors just as clean as you would with chemical cleaners. Steam floor cleaners don’t leave any kind of residue either.
Q.3- Do steam cleaners leave surfaces wet?
Steam cleaners use water to clean, so most will leave at least some wetness behind on the surfaces. Some may leave more than others and some may actually be seen steaming up even after you’re done, if the steam used was hot enough.
If you’re steam cleaning a carpet, it will stay wet significantly longer than hard surfaces will. In some cases, you may need to add extra ventilation such as opening windows and running fans to dry it quickly. Generally, though, unless your carpet is of a thick pile, it should dry in 12-24 hours after finishing cleaning. Any longer and you should add ventilation to avoid musty smells.
Q.4- Is steam cleaning bad for wood floors?
In general, you shouldn’t use steam cleaners on hardwood floors. The heat is too high for them to handle and the water can seep into the wood, causing the boards to warp or rot over a long enough period of time.
However, if you are careful and use the proper procedures, you can steam clean your hardwood floors. This is done by insulating the heat with something in order to keep it from being too high and burning the floor. There are options for this with most steam cleaners.
Q.5- Is steaming floors better than mopping?
There isn’t much evidence as to whether steaming floors is officially better than mopping, but it is significantly easier. The lack of harsh chemicals is appealing, both from a health-conscious viewpoint and a financial one.
With steam cleaning, you don’t have buckets and cleaners and mop heads and handles. It’s simpler and easier to contain. Give it a try to see if you may like it.
In conclusion, we’ve found a lot of different options for you to look into. Before you buy, you may want to look into multiple units more in depth than can be covered in this article. We encourage you to look into the specifics offered by the company and into all the reviews that may answer your questions.
The most important thing to know before you buy the best floor steam cleaner for you is to know what you’ll be doing with it. If you want to clean your entire, large house, you may want to invest in something in between standard household use, which we also have plenty of, and more industry level, which we’ve also covered a few of.